Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am getting totally sick of my fwb. we are supposed to be FRIENDS and he is being so annoying. He ignored 2 texts from me on thursday & friday, then went away for the weekend. Texted me on monday telling me about his weekend asked how i was, I replied flirtatiously that I was lonely as all my housemates were away, NOTHING. then this morning he texts me "sad to hear you were lonely last night" LOL THANKS "lets do something later this week, if you're free?" I text back "When were you thinking?" and 8 hours later no reply.

I kind of want to text him "Would you mind letting me know cos I am getting tired of waiting forever for you to text me back!" I usually have great self-control about texting cos I know everyone tends to regret snarky texts but I really want him to stop being annoying! I definitely need to say something to him about it. I dont understand why he is being so annoying - one guess is that he's trying to create distance so things dont get complicated, but this behaviour makes me feel quite anxious - I'd rather he was just reliable. What do people think?

This is my first time trying out fwb and maybe I'm expecting too much sex from it! How often do people in casual arrangements usually do it? He lives so near me I dont understand why it cant be (pretty much) every day!

ReputationRep:
    Attachment is the worst thing in a FWB situation. It sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Then get a proper relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like you're becoming pretty attached. He won't keep to the fwb for much longer if he realises you like him.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortuantely for 99% of people fwb does not work, because humans have emotions, it is natural! This guy is messing you about. This isn't how a boyfriend should treat you, or a friend, so why should a fwb treat you like this? If I were you, play hard to get, but for your own sake. Don't reply to his texts, treat him how he treats you. This will benefit you!

ReputationRep:
    Im having the same problem, mine barely talks to me anymore so arranging to meet up when we're hours apart is quite tricky, and i dont wanna become clingy and attached (although i think that might be too late)

Maybe give it a few days/a week and when you've got him in a chatty mood where you know he's not gonna not reply for hours ask about him being more reliable for meet ups. Its not a 'relationship' as such but theres still some give and take involved

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you both want more the just sex. Either ask for more, deal with it as it is, or end it.

ReputationRep:
    most women (who aren't natural slutbags) tend to find the whole FWB situation a bit tricky in my experience.. probably our fault tho eh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.