Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    I've applied for tickets
    I thought about it but then I decided against it, because it's actually the sort of thing I'd prefer to watch at home...alone...in my bedroom :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one here who isn't a huge fan of the olympics?

ReputationRep:
    Went to see Your Highness on a whim.

Most spectacular waste of money all Easter. And I bought dumbbells from Argos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Nah I don't really care and will be staying the **** away from London while they're on. That said, my region is getting a bit of money for youth sports which is good. Short term benefits ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)

That was a bad whim to follow :yep:

ReputationRep:

Appropriate name :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Appropriate name :p:
    Twas at the start of the hols when I didn't think I was going to bother going to the gym. As it is I've been going 4-5 times a week so they were unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    I have some weights... I need heavier ones though...

I want to get weighted clothing as well - train whilst walking the dog

ReputationRep:
    no, I have little or no interest in them, few of the sports I like are in it and none of them are at the same level as they are outside of it, so frankly I couldnt care less about it.

not sure why it gets public funding when other sports dont either tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I wake up this morning to discover my ego has been massaged. I went on the politic forum to discover that my initial comments on freedom are being quoted and used in a discussion. Ahh good times.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13211577

David Cameron has come under fire for apparently telling a female MP to "calm down dear" in the Commons.

The prime minister borrowed the catchphrase made famous by Michael Winner, during a row about NHS reforms.

Labour say he aimed the remark at Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury Angela Eagle, and say it was sexist. They urged Mr Cameron to apologise.

Oh wow Labour is being absolutely pathetic. There is nothing sexist about it.

One complete tit made a comment about it not being the sort of language we should be using in the 21st century. I mean seriously, what a bunch of ****ing morons.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13211577

David Cameron has come under fire for apparently telling a female MP to "calm down dear" in the Commons.

The prime minister borrowed the catchphrase made famous by Michael Winner, during a row about NHS reforms.

Labour say he aimed the remark at Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury Angela Eagle, and say it was sexist. They urged Mr Cameron to apologise.

Oh wow Labour is being absolutely pathetic. There is nothing sexist about it.

One complete tit made a comment about it not being the sort of language we should be using in the 21st century. I mean seriously, what a bunch of ****ing morons.
    Eh, the connotations of it are clear to anyone who is vaguely aware of the last 50 years of history. It kind of is sexist.

He shouldn't get in trouble for it though and Labour should calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, the connotations of it are clear to anyone who is vaguely aware of the last 50 years of history. It kind of is sexist.

He shouldn't get in trouble for it though and Labour should calm down.
    I don't see how it is a problem in the slightest. Sexism is so overblown... If I started treating women like dirt I would be called a sexist when in fact I would be treating them as if they were male so not sexist.

You just can't win.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how it is a problem in the slightest. Sexism is so overblown... If I started treating women like dirt I would be called a sexist when in fact I would be treating them as if they were male so not sexist.

You just can't win.
    No, you can't. The secret is to not give a **** about it but to simultaneously not keep going on about how much you don't give a ****. Generally, people who make a point of saying they're not sexist are sexist.

Also Cameron was being a prick in that PMQs. Not Blair like yet but he'll get there.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm English has a lot of words for moron.... Such a great language that we can call someone stupid in about 100 different words. Fantastic.

Not Blair like yet but he'll get there.
    Blair like :eek: I like Blair, no idea why though :holmes:

I'm learning Japanese. Innit.

Niwa ni inu ga arimasu.

Watashi wa o-kane ga arimasu.

The latter is untrue.

ReputationRep:
    At a hustings in Edinburgh last night a male candidate said 'easy, tiger' to a female candidate at a high-tension point.
    Sexist, or not?
    Feminists up here are arguing that GoogleImageSearch shows how sexualised the term is. I'm inclined to disagree.

Men use it to men, all the time. Women use it to women, all the time. Women use it to men, all the time. Men use it to women, all the time.

Is it, then, sexually charged and demeaning to women?

It's a little patronising in a political context, yes, but does patronising = sexism. Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    'Calm down dear' is patronising but there's nothing unusual about patronising comments in PMQs.

It isn't sexist and it certainly wasn't said in a sexist context.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who finds this birther controversy in America, and Obama needing to release his full birth certificate to get them to shut up utterly ridiculous?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.