• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    I'm a bit disappointed at what seems to be a growing trend in the House (although not one that's particularly happened to me), of negging for providing an opinion which differs from the person negging, despite the fact that they may have specified reasons. It actively discourages debate, which is what we're here for.
    I agree completely. I neg them back since they neg me with 0 power, but I neg them back with 5.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't think I've ever seen so many Union Flags in my life.

(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    I don't think I've ever seen so many Union Flags in my life.

I've never seen so much mundane coverage in all my life BBC One HD is just ugh :lol: TF1 HD and France 2 HD is no better

ReputationRep:
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehou...arrative.thtml

This is interesting.

:rofl:

From Radio 4:

"Yes Michael thanks for putting me here on this pavement, we're in really close contact with the crowds here, I've actually been here since 7am"

I can just see his face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit disappointed at what seems to be a growing trend in the House (although not one that's particularly happened to me), of negging for providing an opinion which differs from the person negging, despite the fact that they may have specified reasons. It actively discourages debate, which is what we're here for.
    I agree. I make a habit of pos repping anyone getting pointless negs.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I've never seen so much mundane coverage in all my life BBC One HD is just ugh :lol: TF1 HD and France 2 HD is no better
    The UK is taking over the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    I agree. I make a habit of pos repping anyone getting pointless negs.
    Same.

I've been guilty of negging someone if their arguments are flame-baiting or pointlessly offensive although only twice I think. I wouldn't neg someone just for an opinion and I probably wouldn't bother negging them for being an irritation now either probably.

Again

ReputationRep:
    This is what the new rep system was designed to do. Less debate, fewer arguments, less work for the mods who can then sit about in the shoutbox all day moaning about the price of sausages in Waitrose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    This is what the new rep system was designed to do. Less debate, fewer arguments, less work for the mods who can then sit about in the shoutbox all day moaning about the price of sausages in Waitrose.
    For my opinion on this comment, please check your rep history.

It's very expensive these days. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    It's very expensive these days. :sad:
    Hehe. Going to the local butcher is probably better though.

ReputationRep:
    Kate Middleton would get done.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who you are but I'm not allowed to rep you. Craziness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    I don't know who you are but I'm not allowed to rep you. Craziness.
    That is the Deputy Speaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    That is the Deputy Speaker.
    Craziness.

Apparently the royal wedding's reception is at The Harvester opposite Hayes End retail park.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I'm allowed to rep you again, you say something rep-worthy

Hehe. Going to the local butcher is probably better though.
    Our local butchers keep closing down :sad:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.