Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    I don't think I've ever seen so many Union Flags in my life.
    Oh Britannia!

(Original post by jesusandtequila)
    I'm a bit disappointed at what seems to be a growing trend in the House (although not one that's particularly happened to me), of negging for providing an opinion which differs from the person negging, despite the fact that they may have specified reasons. It actively discourages debate, which is what we're here for.

EDIT: Well, what a surprise that was...
    +rep

(Original post by paddy__power)
    I have not been posting. I had hoped you would have overtaken me by now so I look less sad but you suck at spamming threads

Oh well you will pass me soon
    I am not a spammer like you Paddy. I don't drink enough alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    I'm a bit disappointed at what seems to be a growing trend in the House (although not one that's particularly happened to me), of negging for providing an opinion which differs from the person negging, despite the fact that they may have specified reasons. It actively discourages debate, which is what we're here for.

EDIT: Well, what a surprise that was...
    That is exactly what I though was discouraging but after all, it is only a number so why should it suppress one's opinions? I am disappointed as well though.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny, on a day when America is recovering from some of the worst tornadoes in years which have claimed hundreds of lives, all the main US networks are carrying wall to wall uninterrupted coverage of the Royal Wedding. An indicator of the influence our Royal family has perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    It's funny, on a day when America is recovering from some of the worst tornadoes in years which have claimed hundreds of lives, all the main US networks are carrying wall to wall uninterrupted coverage of the Royal Wedding. An indicator of the influence our Royal family has perhaps?
    It just shows how popular this sort of crap is and why we shouldn't get rid of the Monarchy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Oh Britannia!
    You should see my street. It's like a sea of red, white and blue.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid to go outside. I think the Cavaliers will get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    An indicator of a certain element in American society which idolises heritage and connections with the old country rather than the power and influence of our head of state and her family I think. The Disneyfied, romantic view of princes and princesses no doubt helps too.

ReputationRep:
    You should see my street. It's like a sea of red, white and blue.

It sounds wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    Current posts for the Commons Bar thread.

Username Posts
    paddy__power 400
    Teaddict 347
    Thunder and Jazz 189
    Adorno 162
    TheCrackInTime 116
    thunder_chunky 111
    Ham and Cheese 108

Under FPTP Paddy_power would win... under AV on the other hand...

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

+ rep

ReputationRep:
    Well Norman Tebbit has made me laugh today:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/no...ave-the-queen/

To quote an extract from his blog:

"On the other hand I have to confess that I found the prolonged rants from Immanual Kant (or should it be “cant”, or even… careful, Tebbit, don’t go too far!) profoundly boring"

Haha brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't Harry be king, his clearly going to be tipping Kate sister tonight

ReputationRep:

Oh man, that got me. My chest hurts.

I can't rep you.

ReputationRep:
    x
    What's goin' on 'ere then? :holmes: How much did you slip to the admins to get a name change :tongue:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    What's goin' on 'ere then? :holmes: How much did you slip to the admins to get a name change :tongue:
    Less than a penny. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Do dissertation on gender and party politics.

y/n?

What's the best place in the UK?
    Everybody knows it's EA.
    Where tractors breed and Delia Smith can cook for ye.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly drunk on Pimms right now. I think I have entered the higher classes.

ReputationRep:

What's the best place in the UK?
    Everybody knows it's EA.
    Where tractors breed and Delia Smith can cook for ye.
    Tha's a ferret that is.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.