Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Do dissertation on gender and party politics.

y/n?
    It has potential although there is a degree of work on the field most of it historical in nature I suppose. There is interesting stuff being done on youth politics at the moment which is probably more beneficial but there is scope for doing gender within that broader framework of generational relations. I just find gender on its own a bit meaningless.

ReputationRep:

What. The. Hell.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)

What. The. Hell.
    My thoughts exactly. :lolwut:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spidergareth)
    Slightly drunk on Pimms right now. I think I have entered the higher classes.
    I'm on Magners. Pear cider ftw. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    I'm on Magners. Pear cider ftw. :awesome:
    You should try Rekorderlig :coma:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    You should try Rekorderlig :coma:
    I'll put it on my list. :work:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/2...stan-in-1980s/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Because that worked out great, didn't it. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Because that worked out great, didn't it. :facepalm:
    Exactly. I thought we'd gone past all this nonsense of giving weapons to dodgy people to get rid of people we're now fed up of ... only to then find that oh they become the people we get fed up of. Now, whilst I'm aware that the French were constantly paying the Scots and Irish to rebel against the Hanoverian crown and we asked the Dutch to get rid of a King we didn't like ... I'm pretty sure democracy in Britain didn't develop this way. What on earth makes our government - or the American government for that matter - think it'll work in the Middle East? It's enough to make you anti-war...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John McCain)
    I think we could do the same thing that we did in the Afghan struggle against the Russians. There are ways to get weapons in without direct US supplying.
    I often wonder why McCain chose someone like Palin as his running mate in 2008. Then he says something like this and I remember that he's actually an incredibly stupid person.

As for using more Predators :facepalm2: He obviously has a very short memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I want this house!!!!
    Just realised - that reminds me of Wakefield's new Art Gallery (have a look at 'Hepworth art gallery wakefield)

For an art gallery, it really is **** ugly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    It has potential although there is a degree of work on the field most of it historical in nature I suppose. There is interesting stuff being done on youth politics at the moment which is probably more beneficial but there is scope for doing gender within that broader framework of generational relations. I just find gender on its own a bit meaningless.
    Ta for the insight. Writing a history essay on gender and power and there's a lot of interesting literature. I was thinking of doing it on a social science perspective and seeing how people perceived things like this. Would probably do Britain at national level but local level could have potential as long as I could find a) direct evidence and b) academics writing on the subject.

Youth politics doesn't fire me up, somewhat amusingly bearing in mind our location.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished watching the original dragon ball...

I kinda hate it when series end...

ReputationRep:
    My facebook feed has been filled with "Pippa Middleton ooft :sexface:" all day. I can't blame them tbh.

Pippa Middleton = meh, she is not the best looker imo.

Just finished watching 'The Office, Season 7 - Episode 22: Goodbye Michael' and all I can say is Will Ferrell's parts were utter ****, if his first full episode is like those small parts today then that is the end of the show for me.

ReputationRep:
    Ta for the insight. Writing a history essay on gender and power and there's a lot of interesting literature. I was thinking of doing it on a social science perspective and seeing how people perceived things like this. Would probably do Britain at national level but local level could have potential as long as I could find a) direct evidence and b) academics writing on the subject.
    The better approach would be to take a local case study as a test against national trends. The more local studies you have the more nuances national studies are. This is the major benefit of increased local study of the Labour Party over the last 30 years, we now know far more about how Labour developed across Britain with approaches to politics in South Wales where it was traditionally very radical being tempered by other areas where it had to be more pragmatic in an effort to win Tory and Liberal votes. Doing similar things for gender and the politics of power would be useful to a lot of people.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Oh Britannia!

+rep

I am not a spammer like you Paddy. I don't drink enough alcohol.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Just started watching DragonBall Zai (a remake of Dragonball Z for the 20th aniversary)... it's in Japanese. My word, Japanese is a strange language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    The better approach would be to take a local case study as a test against national trends. The more local studies you have the more nuances national studies are. This is the major benefit of increased local study of the Labour Party over the last 30 years, we now know far more about how Labour developed across Britain with approaches to politics in South Wales where it was traditionally very radical being tempered by other areas where it had to be more pragmatic in an effort to win Tory and Liberal votes. Doing similar things for gender and the politics of power would be useful to a lot of people.
    Sadly my undergraduate dissertation will be of little worth :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Sadly my undergraduate dissertation will be of little worth :laugh:
    Well gender and the politics of power would be a facscinating opportunity to test the theories of Robert Putnam's "Bowling Alone" and the whole social capital stuff. Are women circumscribed in the political arena because they lack higher levels of social capital that are normally requisite for runs for political office? Be fun to test out.

Also, this is sublime:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.