Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    My facebook feed has been filled with "Pippa Middleton ooft :sexface:" all day. I can't blame them tbh.
    She reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who :hmmmm:

Can't quite believe some people are saying she isn't that good looking...
    Spoiler:
    Show

She was stunning today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Well gender and the politics of power would be a facscinating opportunity to test the theories of Robert Putnam's "Bowling Alone" and the whole social capital stuff. Are women circumscribed in the political arena because they lack higher levels of social capital that are normally requisite for runs for political office? Be fun to test out.

Also, this is sublime:

Well, that's why there are pressure groups such as EMILY's List, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Well, that's why there are pressure groups such as EMILY's List, isn't it?
    Well of sorts. The major problem is lack of women in elected office not just whether they're democrats who support the woman's right to choose. In this instance it might be argued that Putnam's suggestions of social capital don't translate very well to women since he's very much talking about the kinds of social engagements that have long been open to men but only for a short period, relatively speaking, for women. And so you progress from there.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13230115

ReputationRep:
    What an awesome dude!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! That's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that guy is a classic troll. Successful troll is successful!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here familiar with Japanese humour?

If so, can you explain how the following "jokes" are funny.

1. Balls... round balls
    2. Cat... kitty cat
    3. Laughstocking
    4. Emotional hardcore

ReputationRep:

This is awesome.

On another note, really ****s me off when people don't discuss a Bill and then just vote No. Makes you wonder what the point is in crafting them, making significant alterations throughout the reading stage to allay fears and cover other eventualities and submitting them to the House is. Might just not bother and leave. Really gets my goat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)

This is awesome.

On another note, really ****s me off when people don't discuss a Bill and then just vote No. Makes you wonder what the point is in crafting them, making significant alterations throughout the reading stage to allay fears and cover other eventualities and submitting them to the House is. Might just not bother and leave. Really gets my goat.

I must admit, that video is fantastic. It's humorous but gets the point across.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I must admit, that video is fantastic. It's humorous but gets the point across.
    I especially like the bit where he says how FPTP makes the country go to the dogs. The whole thing was building up to that joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    I especially like the bit where he says how FPTP makes the country go to the dogs. The whole thing was building up to that joke.
    I like how he pronunced FPTP... haha

But yes, it was a well designed video albeit unbelievably biased

In other news, I am sad now I have finished watching dragonball and I am all sad

(Original post by jesusandtequila)
    :rofl: that is very good.

Worst night ever! Lost my papers so I cannot roll, with it being extra bad/stupid a they were under my bed :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Current posts for the Commons Bar thread.

Username Posts
    paddy__power 400
    Teaddict 347
    Thunder and Jazz 189
    Adorno 162
    TheCrackInTime 116
    thunder_chunky 111
    Ham and Cheese 108

Under FPTP Paddy_power would win... under AV on the other hand...
    Let us imagine that if just you and paddy stood, the voters would pick you. FPTP would give paddy the seat. Fair?

Now, if the voters would actually prefer paddy - then he'd be elected under AV.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How is it only 23:47?

ReputationRep:
    Is BBC3 just showing a loop of Indiana Jones now? The Temple of Doom was on tonight, Last Crusade tomorrow, but I could have sworn it showed them all last week as well :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I forgot how bad ToD was tbh. Now watching Withnail and I for the first time, tempted to get the DVD and play the drinking game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    How is it only 23:47?

I know, it seems like it should be later. Then again I was up at 7 this morning :yawn:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I know, it seems like it should be later. Then again I was up at 7 this morning :yawn:
    I feel like it is 7 in the morning.

I may go to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    I forgot how bad ToD was tbh. Now watching Withnail and I for the first time, tempted to get the DVD and play the drinking game.
    NUH-UH. Temple of Doom is awesome. It's the worst of the three, but it's still awesome. And I will tear your heart out chanting, "KALI-MA, KALI-MA" if you say otherwise

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.