Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm working my way through NCIS at the moment. Got the box sets for the first six seasons. Nearly 150 hours to watch...
    Then again, far more fun than revision!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have exams in a few weeks and have literally learnt zero of what I need to know. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I have exams in a few weeks and have literally learnt zero of what I need to know. Bad times.
    I have my german speaking exam on Friday, not even looked at the notes yet! Damned NCIS, and my natural laziness
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bun)
    I have my german speaking exam on Friday, not even looked at the notes yet! Damned NCIS, and my natural laziness
    At least you have notes, at least you know what to make notes on :L

ReputationRep:
    So it's gotten pretty quiet lately....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    I'm working my way through NCIS at the moment. Got the box sets for the first six seasons. Nearly 150 hours to watch...
    Then again, far more fun than revision!!
    I really like NCIS.
    I record episodes off the Tele when I can although it's pretty varied and mixed. Not really in order. I watch some off Channel 5 (which are more recent) but then I also watch some off "Five USA" which are older ones, say from the first two seasons.

Very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I really like NCIS.
    I record episodes off the Tele when I can although it's pretty varied and mixed. Not really in order. I watch some off Channel 5 (which are more recent) but then I also watch some off "Five USA" which are older ones, say from the first two seasons.

Very good.
    It's really confusing...

FX shows "brand new" episodes.
    5 shows other "brand new" episodes which aren't quite as brand new as FX.
    5 also shows older episodes.
    5USA also shows older episodes which aren't at the same point as the older episodes on 5.
    CBS Action also shows older episodes which again aren't at the same point as the older episodes on 5 or 5USA.

So basically there's 4 channels showing 5 different streams of NCIS all at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    At least you have notes, at least you know what to make notes on :L
    Haha - by notes, I mean teachers notes/textbook

ReputationRep:
    XD

I like it a lot so far, just at the end of the second season.
    Dexter is brilliant. I'm so looking forward to the new season (6, you've a while to go yet).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bun)
    Haha - by notes, I mean teachers notes/textbook
    I don't even have this :emo:

(Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Dexter is brilliant. I'm so looking forward to the new season (6, you've a while to go yet).
    I will be there in a week or so I would imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    It's really confusing...

FX shows "brand new" episodes.
    5 shows other "brand new" episodes which aren't quite as brand new as FX.
    5 also shows older episodes.
    5USA also shows older episodes which aren't at the same point as the older episodes on 5.
    CBS Action also shows older episodes which again aren't at the same point as the older episodes on 5 or 5USA.

So basically there's 4 channels showing 5 different streams of NCIS all at the same time.
    Yeah - it's weird. FX is showing season 8 though, which is the most 'up to date' so that is what I am watching. I suppose, due to the amount of episodes, they can get away with a different channel showing a different season.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh er who watched dr who? Looks like a great future storyline has been born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Ooh er who watched dr who? Looks like a great future storyline has been born.
    Hmm. Housemates and I were saying that the first 5 minutes of this episode should have been the last 5 minutes of the previous one. I would have cared far more about tonight's episode.

It was pretty good. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Just been searching through the OU prospectus to choose which modules to do when I start my degree this year. I'm probably going to end up with a BA Humanities with Classical Studies rather than a BA English Literature since I want to do creative writing and Classical Greek modules. If I had to choose right now I'd do:

Level 1
    The Arts Past & Present (60)
    Level 2
    Exploring The Classical World (60)
    Reading Classical Greek (60)
    Creative Writing (60)
    Level 3
    20th Century Literature: Texts and Debates (60)
    Advanced Creative Writing (60)

It's a weird mixture but that's what's good about the OU; you get to pick and choose what you do like doing an American degree.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Just been searching through the OU prospectus to choose which modules to do when I start my degree this year. I'm probably going to end up with a BA Humanities with Classical Studies rather than a BA English Literature since I want to do creative writing and Classical Greek modules. If I had to choose right now I'd do:

Level 1
    The Arts Past & Present (60)
    Level 2
    Exploring The Classical World (60)
    Reading Classical Greek (60)
    Creative Writing (60)
    Level 3
    20th Century Literature: Texts and Debates (60)
    Advanced Creative Writing (60)

It's a weird mixture but that's what's good about the OU; you get to pick and choose what you do like doing an American degree.
    That looks like really a really good mix. The Greek looks good, but I would also try to do some Latin as well at some point as I think it does help when studying Greek. What sort of classical related stuff have you done before then?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tonight's update will be a little later than usual. You should have it by 22:00/22:30

ReputationRep:
    I just watched Doctor Who... did that little girl just regenerate :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I just watched Doctor Who... did that little girl just regenerate :lolwut:
    It appears so, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    It appears so, yes.
    Interesting.

Two thoughts
    1. Dr + Amy
    2. Dr + River.

Hmm :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Interesting.

Two thoughts
    1. Dr + Amy
    2. Dr + River.

Hmm :holmes:
    The most persistent rumour on the internet is that River Song is the personification of the intelligence of the TARDIS. That would make the likely child of the Doctor and River a potential Time Lord. I don't believe that the child is that of the Doctor and Amy but it's entirely plausible that Amy was a surrogate for River. At any rate, you have 5 more episodes to go until you find out since the storyline will probably form the basis of the mid-series break.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.