Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I just watched Doctor Who... did that little girl just regenerate :lolwut:
    Looks that way.

I should stop looking at big Dr. Who spoilers on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    The most persistent rumour on the internet is that River Song is the personification of the intelligence of the TARDIS. That would make the likely child of the Doctor and River a potential Time Lord. I don't believe that the child is that of the Doctor and Amy but it's entirely plausible that Amy was a surrogate for River. At any rate, you have 5 more episodes to go until you find out since the storyline will probably form the basis of the mid-series break.
    Interesting...

Damn cliff hangers.

(Original post by cambo211)
    Looks that way.

I should stop looking at big Dr. Who spoilers on the internet.

(Original post by toronto353)
    That looks like really a really good mix. The Greek looks good, but I would also try to do some Latin as well at some point as I think it does help when studying Greek. What sort of classical related stuff have you done before then?
    I did AS Level Classical Civ, GCSE Latin and a bit of Ancient Greek in my spare time whilst at college so Classics isn't really that new to me. I've also read fairly widely in classical philosophy, mythology and literature. :yy:

I did want to do Latin but it was a toss-up between that and Creative Writing and I know which one I'd enjoy most.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, what did the Romans ever do for us?

ReputationRep:
    Other than invading us and taking our jobs?

ReputationRep:
    Million Pound Drop Live is worth watching tonight just for the squabbling :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, gives us historians something to do I guess. I need a new TSR Political Party ...

Serious question or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Serious question or not?
    Neither. Monty Python. Admittedly I should have written "what have the Romans ever done for us?" but since were now somewhat post-event, I figure the version I submitted is good enough.

More like invade you and plunder your wealth... not that you had much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Clearly you underestimate the Roman appetite for Tin and Lead.

Neither. Monty Python. Admittedly I should have written "what have the Romans ever done for us?" but since were now somewhat post-event, I figure the version I submitted is good enough.
    :holmes: I should have got the reference.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, gives us historians something to do I guess. I need a new TSR Political Party ...
    TSR Plaid Cymru

(Original post by tehFrance)
    Well technically they didn't invade...

ReputationRep:
    TSR Plaid Cymru
    Urgh. I hate the nats. It's just that the agendas in Wales are such that when the English start to listen in, it all sounds like we're raving nats. Even the Tories. I mean, one of the Welsh Tory policies for the election is a full language act recognising English and Welsh as equal languages in all things public and private.

I would, normally and naturally, rejoin Labour. But being in a banana coalition ... I'm not sure how I'd fit in!

ReputationRep:
    I hate mega video... stupid 72 minute time limit.
    I feel your pain. I have been in that situation when watching bulk amounts of "The Simpsons" or "Family Guy."

Interesting.

Two thoughts
    1. Dr + Amy
    2. Dr + River.

Hmm :holmes:
    Or maybe a threesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Or maybe a threesome
    I wouldn't mind being The Doctor in that threesome :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I wouldn't mind being The Doctor in that threesome :sexface:
    Put his sonic screwdriver to good use
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Just been searching through the OU prospectus to choose which modules to do when I start my degree this year. I'm probably going to end up with a BA Humanities with Classical Studies rather than a BA English Literature since I want to do creative writing and Classical Greek modules. If I had to choose right now I'd do:

Level 1
    The Arts Past & Present (60)
    Level 2
    Exploring The Classical World (60)
    Reading Classical Greek (60)
    Creative Writing (60)
    Level 3
    20th Century Literature: Texts and Debates (60)
    Advanced Creative Writing (60)

It's a weird mixture but that's what's good about the OU; you get to pick and choose what you do like doing an American degree.
    I may do a degree with the OU - maybe an open degree
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Urgh. I hate the nats. It's just that the agendas in Wales are such that when the English start to listen in, it all sounds like we're raving nats. Even the Tories. I mean, one of the Welsh Tory policies for the election is a full language act recognising English and Welsh as equal languages in all things public and private.

I would, normally and naturally, rejoin Labour. But being in a banana coalition ... I'm not sure how I'd fit in!
    I'm sure we can find a place for you somewhere

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.