Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Once again... in bold
    Its effort because I forget what you have said. Champagne is classy it was real champagne; not that sparkling wine one lol

(Original post by paddy__power)
    Why are you indoors
    Because its Sunday night today was my family day too. Hitting the clubs this Friday with my friends and then next Friday going to the bar in Parliament with my political friends because I know people aha

(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    HB etc
    Thanks

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    It was real champagne
    How much was it? that is the only way to tell if it is 'real' as you put it
    Not that sparkling wine one
    You know sparkling wine is actually quite nice now... could just be my alcoholic taste buds getting to use to champagne

Oh and happy... no bold :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    How much was it? that is the only way to tell if it is 'real' as you put it

You know sparkling wine is actually quite nice now... could just be my alcoholic taste buds getting to use to champagne

Oh and happy... no bold :pierre:
    I think it was £120 per bottle from M&S.

It is nice to be honest. We did have Cava Champagne there as well which was quite nice.

Good stop doing the stupid pierre face too
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

It is nice to be honest. We did have Cava Champagne there as well which was quite nice.

Anyone who spends that much on one bottle of anything, has more money than sense.

EDIT - Happy Birthday, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Anyone who spends that much on one bottle of anything, has more money than sense.
    A bottle full of 24 carat gold ingots? £120 would be a bargain for that!

ReputationRep:

EDIT - Happy Birthday, btw.
    Thanks

We aren't well off at all; just average but my parents pushed the boat out being my 18th and everything which was nice

I guess it is that 'Oudinot'?
    Wait till you see my wine cellar anyway I'd say it is quite a good price

Oh make a champagne cocktail, my new favourite is a pomegranate one: 3/4 oz. Cognac, 1/2 oz. Cointreau, 3/4 oz. Pomegranate juice, Squeeze of Lemon, Brut Champagne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Touché!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Depends how big the bottle is. :holmes:

Thanks

We aren't well off at all; just average but my parents pushed the boat out being my 18th and everything which was nice
    Fair do's. It was just my initial shock at seeing the words "I think it was £120 per bottle from M&S."

Wait till you see my wine cellar
    I dread to think!

ReputationRep:
    I dread to think!
    Having a wine cellar is pretty damned posh regardless of what's in there! Or is that just me?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Having a wine cellar is pretty damned posh regardless of what's in there! Or is that just me?
    No, it's not just you. The closest you'll find to a wine cellar in my house, is the cupboard in the kitchen where we keep the Asti before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    We had a rack in the basement in our old house, does that count?

Its just you, it is in no way posh imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    We had a rack in the basement in our old house, does that count?
    I guess. To be honest, though, I've tended to associate those who store up wine as being posher than normal. But my family doesn't really drink and certainly not vino. It's that inverse snob in me again!

ReputationRep:
    Its just you, it is in no way posh imo.
    Yours is hardly an objective opinion matey.

ReputationRep:
    I guess. To be honest, though, I've tended to associate those who store up wine as being posher than normal. But my family doesn't really drink and certainly not vino. It's that inverse snob in me again!
    I'd guess collecting wine is a sign of relative poshness (As long as it's proper wine, and not someone hoarding cartons of Tesco Value Rosé [which is actually quite nice, I should add!]), but merely having a wine cellar shouldn't be an indication of poshness. Some houses just have them, and not necessarily expensive, fancy ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess collecting wine is a sign of relative poshness (As long as it's proper wine, and not someone hoarding cartons of Tesco Value Rosé [which is actually quite nice, I should add!]), but merely having a wine cellar shouldn't be an indication of poshness. Some houses just have them, and not necessarily expensive, fancy ones.
    Many terraced houses in Ashington or Moss Side have a wine cellar? What I kind of meant by "doesn't matter what's in it" wasn't not having bottles of wine in it, but rather the relative value of the collection. I mean, if people have £5 - £10 bottles in there, it's still kind of a posh thing to do. It's hardly boxes of carling or stella for a friday night's pre-booze. :p:

Yours is hardly an objective opinion matey.
    It isn't posh, there must be others that also collect wines and are not well off... even if it is cheap stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Many terraced houses in Ashington or Moss Side have a wine cellar? What I kind of meant by "doesn't matter what's in it" wasn't not having bottles of wine in it, but rather the relative value of the collection. I mean, if people have £5 - £10 bottles in there, it's still kind of a posh thing to do. It's hardly boxes of carling or stella for a friday night's pre-booze. :p:
    Do I look like I would ever visit Moss Side?! :zomg:

In all seriousness, I fail to see how having £5-10 bottles in there is posh. My parents, while lacking a wine cellar, have a "collection" of cheap wine, albeit it not in the cellar, rather their raffle winnings/gifts. And they cannot be considered posh, at all. Even Somali pirates would look at them and say "My, what uncivilised vagrants these people are!"

ReputationRep:
    Touché!
    You even included the accented [acute] e...

How pompous :cool:

Although in saying that, anyone who doesn't use it should be punished severely. Perhaps 10 hours of Friday Friday will suffice.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.