Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damnit. I just saw a thread with the title "so my mum caught me fingering my sister." I tried clicking on it but it had already been deleted by the Mods.

I guess I was too slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    I bet Osama Bin Laden regretted putting his full address on his ps3 account....
    It's funny, but it's already been done :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    It's funny, but it's already been done :no:
    Oh okay. That's my :proud: moment gone

ReputationRep:
    That's strange, in this evening's update I was expecting at least one motion praising the death of Osama Bin laden and calling for the house to rally round and praise the Americans and carry on the fight in the war on terror.

I guess the people from whom we normally expect that sort of thing are otherwise engaged.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Damnit. I just saw a thread with the title "so my mum caught me fingering my sister." I tried clicking on it but it had already been deleted by the Mods.

I guess I was too slow.
    You didn't miss much.

That's strange, in this evening's update I was expecting at least one motion praising the death of Osama Bin laden and calling for the house to rally round and praise the Americans and carry on the fight in the war on terror.

I guess the people from whom we normally expect that sort of thing are otherwise engaged.
    Eurgh, I would not have supported a motion worded in that way. Something a lot more level-headed would have been nicer.

"This house hopes the death of Osama Bin Laden heralds the beginning of the end of the War on Terror"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    You didn't miss much.
    I think if a thread has a title like that curiousity is always going to get the better of me.

And I say that without any sort of shame.

Well....mostly anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Eurgh, I would not have supported a motion worded in that way. Something a lot more level-headed would have been nicer.

"This house hopes the death of Osama Bin Laden heralds the beginning of the end of the War on Terror"
    Well that's not to say someone would have worded it quite like that, however I was expecting at least one motion with patriotic content of some form.
    However if a motion was submitted with that wording you just provided then maybe I would agree, however generally speaking motions don't do a great deal and I'm not sure quite what such a motion would do.

Well that's not to say someone would have worded it quite like that, however I was expecting at least one motion with patriotic content of some form.
    However if a motion was submitted with that wording you just provided then maybe I would agree, however generally speaking motions don't do a great deal and I'm not sure quite what such a motion would do.
    Well motions (like everything the MHoC does) are just there to prompt debate.

ReputationRep:

"This house wishes to ride a black charger through the streets of Kabul, Baghdad and Tehran with Bin Laden's head on a pike, howling verses from Revelations and raining bloody hellfire in its wake."
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think if a thread has a title like that curiousity is always going to get the better of me.

And I say that without any sort of shame.

Well....mostly anyway....
    The OP consisted simply of "but in fairness, I was only trying to get my Dad's ring back", followed by people calling the OP a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Well motions (like everything the MHoC does) are just there to prompt debate.
    True, however I sometimes think that the only decent motions are the controversial ones where the house is really split. On things like this the response is going to be pretty straight forward, unless we have any terrorist loving hussies.

True, however I sometimes think that the only decent motions are the controversial ones where the house is really split. On things like this the response is going to be pretty straight forward, unless we have any terrorist loving hussies.
    Well in this case there's a debate to be had over whether Bin Laden's death is something to celebrate or an odd event that is the death of a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    "This house wishes to ride a black charger through the streets of Kabul, Baghdad and Tehran with Bin Laden's head on a pike, howling verses from Revelations and raining bloody hellfire in its wake."

The OP consisted simply of "but in fairness, I was only trying to get my Dad's ring back", followed by people calling the OP a troll.
    Aah I see.
    Then he (I assume it was a he) was paraphrasing from a joke.

The full joke is:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Little Johnny was caught fingering his sister to the disgust of his mother.Demanding an explanation Mother screamed "JOHNNY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"Little Johnny looked up innocently and explained that he was treasure hunting."Well I doubt you'll find any treasure in there young man" snapped the Mother.Triumphantly, Johnny looked up with a smirk and exclaimed "Well... I've already found Dads wedding ring..."

I saw that on sikipedia not too long ago.

ReputationRep:
    Well in this case there's a debate to be had over whether Bin Laden's death is something to celebrate or an odd event that is the death of a man.
    Fair point.
    Maybe someone should submit said motion then, just for the hell of it. And because it is quite an occasion. Perhaps it should be marked somehow in the annuals of MHoC history.

ReputationRep:
    It should be called the "Calm down dear Bin Laden is dead" motion.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Aah I see.
    Then he (I assume it was a he) was paraphrasing from a joke.

The full joke is:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Little Johnny was caught fingering his sister to the disgust of his mother.Demanding an explanation Mother screamed "JOHNNY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"Little Johnny looked up innocently and explained that he was treasure hunting."Well I doubt you'll find any treasure in there young man" snapped the Mother.Triumphantly, Johnny looked up with a smirk and exclaimed "Well... I've already found Dads wedding ring..."

I saw that on sikipedia not too long ago.
    Yeah, I've read it before. Not really the most original troll on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've read it before. Not really the most original troll on TSR.
    To be honest an original troll is somewhat of a rareity these days, on any of the forums I post on.

I used to post on the forums on the Internet Movie Database quite a lot, and you had some pretty good trolls there. The peak was about 5 years ago or so. Tussling with them was fun.

ReputationRep:
    Trolling is a dying art.

It is hard to find artisan trolls now a days.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent over 30 hours in the last 2 days fixing around 4 bugs. I want to die!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.