Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So how bout that Stephen Harper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    So how bout that Stephen Harper?
    Harper is benefitting from the other major stories: the rise of the NDP which has led to the collapse of the BQ and the decline of the gr.its. I love the rise of of the NDP it fills me with joy

ReputationRep:
    Conservative Majority Government in Canada?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Harper is benefitting from the other major stories: the rise of the NDP which has led to the collapse of the BQ and the decline of the gr.its. I love the rise of of the NDP it fills me with joy
    Yeah, they're looking good. Whatever happens, I have a feeling the Canadians are going to be spending a lot more money in the next few years.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Possibly the best thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're looking good. Whatever happens, I have a feeling the Canadians are going to be spending a lot more money in the next few years.
    Maybe. There's also a danger that the provinces begin to separate even further. Harper isa calgarian wjhilst his rivals are based in quebec. Half the ndp caucus are from quebec ridings so it shall be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

"Shun! Shun the non believer!" is a meme at Keele.
    Maybe. There's also a danger that the provinces begin to separate even further. Harper isa calgarian wjhilst his rivals are based in quebec. Half the ndp caucus are from quebec ridings so it shall be interesting.
    It depends what the opposition does. BQ (not gonna bother trying to spell it) had a few people telling voters to support the New Democrats. If the opposotion is strong on Quebec's union with the rest of Canada then it could work out positively for continued federation.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    "Shun! Shun the non believer!" is a meme at Keele.It depends what the opposition does. BQ (not gonna bother trying to spell it) had a few people telling voters to support the New Democrats. If the opposotion is strong on Quebec's union with the rest of Canada then it could work out positively for continued federation.
    Win XD
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This is genuinely quite impressive:

ReputationRep:
    I tried to start writing an essay three weeks ago. I now have 36 hours and 400 words. I hate the internet.

ReputationRep:
    "Shun! Shun the non believer!" is a meme at Keele.
    Is it really? Sounds good to me.

That is so old
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Is it really? Sounds good to me.

That is so old
    I know, but so good :L
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I tried to start writing an essay three weeks ago. I now have 36 hours and 400 words. I hate the internet.
    36 hours is ages.

ReputationRep:
    36 hours is ages.
    Depends how much he needs to write...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Another 2,000. So, 36 hours is more than enough, assuming I work straight through. I am bad at doing this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Another 2,000. So, 36 hours is more than enough, assuming I work straight through. I am bad at doing this.
    See I start panicking 4 weeks before the deadline so get it done early, it's probably one of the only perks of having OCD tendencies.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I spend no longer than a couple of hours on 3000 word essays. To be fair though I don't try to do them to any sort of decent quality.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of trolls, does anyone remember all the poop on finger threads from a few years ago?

[/late]

ReputationRep:
    If you're playing a game and then suddenly someone plays a "deus ex machina" then it's going to wind up annoying those that want to carry on. Let's face it, the PAA killed the HoC and UoL knew perfectly it would do.
    Sorry for being late to the party, I don't pop round all that often.

But the PAA is certainly not a "deus ex machina". It was a piece of legislation that was entirely reasonable and possible and practical and also extremely effective. It is true that it was vague but that was because no one here could be bothered (or thought it necessary) to compile a complete list of all goods and services that people would need to have to live a decent life. Instead we relied on the list compiled by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and their prices. That's hardly unreasonable or miraculous.

And whenever someone said "I think the government should pay for X" it was an entirely reasonable response to say that "if X was something needed then it is included in the list of good needed and hence under the PAA". If being unable to write Bill after Bill adding more and more things for the government to pay for individually killed the HoC isn't that a sad indictment of the state of the HoC?

Also, while its nice to be given credit for single-handedly ruining everyone's fun let's not forget that it needed a majority to vote for the PAA to make it law.

Why is it that British banks are so incompetent? I asked for a new debit card so I can purchase things online (as I lost my old one) and what do Lloyds send me? a damn Cashpoint card... god damn morons

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.