Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I know someone who used to be obsessed with Dragonball Z. He had a lot of merchandise including a lot of the mini-figures.
    I'm not that obsessed I just like it

ReputationRep:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2231517AA5syyb

Apparently they are only taking a break on production for a little while until the summer - 63 came out in 17 March 2011 so at least they will get finished.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I'm not that obsessed I just like it
    I was just recounting one of my many tales of relevance, but it is good to have hobbies and interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I was just recounting one of my many tales of relevance, but it is good to have hobbies and interests.
    I like watching stuff whilst eating dinner... TV is generally crap. Modern cartoons aren't all that great (except Avatar: Last Airbender which was actually quite good).

ReputationRep:
    So Blunkett admitted that the No campaign made up the £250M figure all along, what a surprise.

(Original post by jesusandtequila)
    So Blunkett admitted that the No campaign made up the £250M figure all along, what a surprise.
    So what is the actual figure? :holmes:

To late to change my vote now though....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did find that quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    the referendum costs were covered by the electoral commissions budget I think and the £250m figure was for electronic vote counting machines which the Yes campaign say wont be needed and the No campaign say will be.

ReputationRep:
    The biggest downside of AV is if it prevents days like today when the really sad losers amongst us sit down at about 11 waiting for the results to come in. If that means we can no longer do that I go all Kamehameha kamikaze on Nick Clegg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    The biggest downside of AV is if it prevents days like today when the really sad losers amongst us sit down at about 11 waiting for the results to come in. If that means we can no longer do that I go all Kamehameha kamikaze on Nick Clegg.
    As one of my mates said: "It would probably be less like election night, and more like "day after the election", which would be great because then we have an excuse to drink during the day."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    So what is the actual figure? :holmes:.
    Zilch. Zero. £0.00.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, anyone with a level head realised that weeks ago.

Both campaigns, really, have been crap - it's a shame really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    To be fair, anyone with a level head realised that weeks ago.

Both campaigns, really, have been crap - it's a shame really.
    Yeah. I've gone ahead and started avoiding conversations about it with people because they all refer to a lie or mistake from one side or t'other as if it were fact and it makes me want to hurt them.

Zilch. Zero. £0.00.
    And what is that in Euros?

I knew it wasn't going to be £250mil but nothing? damn :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    And what is that in Euros?

I knew it wasn't going to be £250mil but nothing? damn :lol:
    If you look at the leaflets they gave out as well the No campaign can't add up. The figures quoted come to £247m (IIRC). They shouldn't take into account the cost of the referendum as it's happening already. The counting machines won't happen. And I dunno where they get the figure for explaining AV.

(Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    If you look at the leaflets they gave out.
    I would only we got no leaflets from either side which is a huge wtf
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm going to go and vote tonight

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Voted yes in the referendum, spoiled my ballot in the locals.

Boom.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I'm going to go and vote tonight
    polls close at 10pm, make sure you go before then though, in the GE last year some people didn't get to vote because of queues.

ReputationRep:
    The whole referendum has been a farce. Not just the campaigning itself but how we've jumped into electoral reform so quickly. That we're fighting over two systems that aren't even the best makes it even worse. An expensive, half arsed sham that was probably thought up in a couple of hours of coalition negotiations. To quote Nick Clegg, it's been a miserable little compromise.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.