Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It was the rushed withdrawal that caused the most problems. Putting aside murdering a crowd of people boxed into a courtyard by firing squad, or putting pork and beef fat on rifle cartridges (I think it was) and all the other stuff. The British did help with the formation of National Assemblies and so on though.

/patchy history knowledge
    That was a problem with how countries gained their independence. When colonial powers left, there was a power vacuum which was exploited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I really don't understand Cameron. Sometimes he comes out with sensible things such as saying that mass immigration is a huge problem and undermines communitites [1] and other times he says stupid things like the UK is responsible for most of the worlds ills or that Oxford doesn't accept enough black students.
    He's trying to be Mr Popular and appeal to too many audiences which is rather annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Just have to post this beauty here:

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    In fairness to Teaddict he has his own views, if he was a current Conservative MP he would be kept out of sight on the backbenches because he's frequently 'off message'. Whereas if Teveth was a Labour MP he would be straight in the Shadow Cabinet as Ed Milibands personal arselicker.

Haha brilliant.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :teehee:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So I got through to the interview at McDonalds, and then the only interview times they had was an hour from when I got the email so I can't go. Needless to say I am not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    If I recall correctly that area was split into three. India, Pakistan and Kashmir.
    And then in 1971 Bangladesh was created from a section of Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Onion. 'How to get the attention of a guy when he's thrusting his erection inside of you'.

ReputationRep:
    So Catherine Zeta-Jones is bipolar:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    So Catherine Zeta-Jones is bipolar:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
    More like she is biwinning :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Department bickering in the Treasury

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    More like she is biwinning :awesome:
    I did make a comment elsewhere along those lines but I removed it because I wasn't sure if it was insensitive or not, or if it could be deemed insensitive.

ReputationRep:
    I did make a comment elsewhere along those lines but I removed it because I wasn't sure if it was insensitive or not, or if it could be deemed insensitive.
    Meh

I can't believe she is 41 years old and is going out with a man who is 66 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What do we think on the governments new immigration plans?

Undecided on what I've heard, which wasn't much to be fair. Most of what I heard was about making student visas harder to attain.

ReputationRep:
    Meh

I can't believe she is 41 years old and is going out with a man who is 66 :eek:
    Meh, that's love for you I guess

ReputationRep:
    Meh, that's love for you I guess
    I was tempted to call her a gold-digger but then I realised its probably the other way round

(Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    What do we think on the governments new immigration plans?

Undecided on what I've heard, which wasn't much to be fair. Most of what I heard was about making student visas harder to attain.
    I think both Labour and the Conservatives would do something similar on immigration; its only the Lib Dems that have the fully open door policy.

As you are, I am also currently undecided, but I think a cap on immigration would be worthwhile. As I have said before on many occasions; immigrants are like salt, some can enhance the flavouring of a meal, but too much and the meal is ruined. Given the levels of unemployment as well an immigration cap would be wise.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Borg Vs Voth.

Voth win.

ReputationRep:
    I was tempted to call her a gold-digger but then I realised its probably the other way round
    She really doesn't seem like a gold digger.

ReputationRep:
    I think both Labour and the Conservatives would do something similar on immigration; its only the Lib Dems that have the fully open door policy.

As you are, I am also currently undecided, but I think a cap on immigration would be worthwhile. As I have said before on many occasions; immigrants are like salt, some can enhance the flavouring of a meal, but too much and the meal is ruined. Given the levels of unemployment as well an immigration cap would be wise.
    Well I have to question an immigration cap while we're members of the EU and, as such, have an open door policy with several countries. I agree with you - we do need a steady migration flow, but it's no easy feat.

ReputationRep:
    So they wondered what advert to put on the billboard next to a funeral directors.
    What did they chose?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-parlour.html

:lol: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Well I have to question an immigration cap while we're members of the EU and, as such, have an open door policy with several countries. I agree with you - we do need a steady migration flow, but it's no easy feat.
    EU Policy only states that all citizens of Europe can freely travel between countries. I'd be inclined to limit the amount of people coming into your country from outside of Europe.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.