Turn on thread page Beta

I had no local election completely forgot about that part :lol:

Oh and BBC = Gay with these subtitles on 'Engrenages' (Spiral).. I can't stand it.

ReputationRep:
    Today's question time has Douglas Murray

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame there aren't more shows like The Shadow Line. Pure brilliance tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Question Time then watching the Results of the elections and stuff come in overnight

ReputationRep:
    The referendum result isn't in until tomorrow night anyway and that's the only one i'm really fussed about.

ReputationRep:
    Did an all nighter for the general election, but I'm far too tired to do it tonight :yawn:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Did an all nighter for the general election, but I'm far too tired to do it tonight :yawn:
    I was going to as well, until I found out that the AV ballots aren't being counted until 4pm tomorrow. As that's the only result I really care much about, I'll be having a good nights sleep tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I don't envy David Dimbleby having to spend the night in the same studio as Warsi, Harman and Hughes, with Nick Robinson there next to him stoking the fire as well.

ReputationRep:
    This week's QT was quite good I thought. Not too sure on Douglas Murray in the first half though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    This week's QT was quite good I thought. Not too sure on Douglas Murray in the first half though.
    Hmm, Bin Laden was always going to provoke a heated debate with that panel. I didn't like what Murray was saying most of the time but I didn't find myself agreeing with much of what anyone else was saying either. He's dead - maybe we should just accept it and move on. He doesn't deserve the attention he's getting.

The AV debate was at the other end of the scale though. The usual blame game :rolleyes: I still can't figure what Ashdown was on about. He came across as a bit up himself when going on about being at the heart of the coalition discussions. Were you really that central PA, because I don't recall seeing you at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    As much as I agree with Murray on most issues, when it comes to terrorism/torture he has peculiar views to say the least.

Is it just me or is Paddy Ashdon very arrogant?

That Yasmin woman was just annoying.

The creator of the Thick of It was mildly amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Is it just me or is Paddy Ashdon very arrogant?
    Being made a peer seems to have gone to his head. He was very uppity tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I will make two further points.

Firstly, Paddy brought up the House of Lords - let's get something straight - The House of Lords is a fantastic institution and should be preserved. The Commons is a disgrace.

Secondly, I was slightly annoyed, although expected it, at the programme spending half it's time on Osama - he is dead. He isn't coming back. Can we stop talking about this disgusting man and talk about something more interesting.

Thirdly, I think Burnham made a good point - people don't care about AV. There are far more pressing matters.

^^ I know I said two points but I lied

ReputationRep:
    Question for everyone: Prohibition of drugs: success or not?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I voted no and Labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I don't envy David Dimbleby having to spend the night in the same studio as Warsi, Harman and Hughes, with Nick Robinson there next to him stoking the fire as well.
    Out of the three. I'd rather have dinner with Warsi- albeit on a mild sedative.

ReputationRep:
    Woo SNP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Question for everyone: Prohibition of drugs: success or not?
    Simple answer? No.

C4 recently did a documentary which showed the real human cost of prohibition.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off for the weekend, later guys and gals.

ReputationRep:
    Scotland, Y U NO VOTE SENSIBLE?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.