Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    > Brown running Scottish Labour

Interesting. I wonder what he'd do if asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabcnesbit)
    Didn't think he spent half his childhood in Scotland? I thought it was in Durham and Adelaide? Let's call him half Scottish then.
    Edinburgh, Adelaide, Glasgow, Durham then Durham/Edinburgh when he was at Fettes. He certainly has a lot of Scottish influence in him whether you want to call him English or Scottish. I do find the idea of Blair living in Glasgow hilarious though, not sure why it just strikes me as odd.

ReputationRep:
    Surprise surprise, Tavish Scott goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Surprise surprise, Tavish Scott goes.
    Shame, he seemed quite capable. More so than Iain Gray anyway. The Lib-Dems were in for a pasting no matter what he did.

I think the SNP would put us straight into the EU and the Euro if they could anyway, so what's the point of it all?
    Really? then what is the point of going for independence if they then want to be run by a bunch of tossers in Brussels :pierre:

I'm not against them join the EU and becoming part of the Eurozone it is just puzzling as to why they'd want to, maybe the European Free Trade Association would be better
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Really? then what is the point of going for independence if they then want to be run by a bunch of tossers in Brussels :pierre:

I'm not against them join the EU and becoming part of the Eurozone it is just puzzling as to why they'd want to, maybe the European Free Trade Association would be better
    Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

ReputationRep:

It's the cheapest option, and Scots always go for the cheapest option, or the second cheapest if they want to impress their friends.

The Scottish Parliament building is the exception that proves the rule.

It's the cheapest option, and Scots always go for the cheapest option, or the second cheapest if they want to impress their friends.

The Scottish Parliament building is the exception that proves the rule.
    Ah they are cheapskates but to be fair they'd have to be at the start if they ever get the independence that SNP want.

ReputationRep:
    God, what the hell am I going to do with all these Yes to AV leaflets? Still got about 100 in my flat.

(Original post by spidergareth)
    God, what the hell am I going to do with all these Yes to AV leaflets? Still got about 100 in my flat.
    I still have a bunch of Green Party leaflets under my bed. Maybe, one day, I'll find a use for 250 green-coloured pieces of paper.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Unionists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I still have a bunch of Green Party leaflets under my bed. Maybe, one day, I'll find a use for 250 green-coloured pieces of paper.
    Firestarters maybe? I also have badges, loads of badges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidergareth)
    Ditto. I'm keeping one as a souvenir of when we almost improved our politics, but failed. Recycling the rest.

I read Gordon Brown beat some LibDem, is this ex-prime minister Brown? if it is I thought he retired?

ReputationRep:
    I read Gordon Brown beat some LibDem, is this ex-prime minister Brown? if it is I thought he retired?
    Different Brown.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yawn.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown; king of proliferation, is still a member of parliament.

(Original post by cambo211)
    Different Brown.
    Ah okay.
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Gordon Brown; king of proliferation, is still a member of parliament.
    :lolwut: well I guess he has to be as the IMF thing will never happen.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay.

:lolwut: well I guess he has to be as the IMF thing will never happen.
    Thank God. The idea that such a man can lead the IMF is a complete joke.

(Original post by Teaddict)
    Thank God. The idea that such a man can lead the IMF is a complete joke.
    Yhup, he got his PhD in History ffs... how he became chancellor I'll never know :lol:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.