Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Sex bill.

I dread to think.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    You dread to think?
    I don't think either of you will dislike it particularly - but I'm not sure.

I just called it that so it could be referred to as the Sex Act if it passes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)

What kind of stuffs is it doing.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of stuffs is it doing.
    For that my friend, you'll have to wait a few hours.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    For that my friend, you'll have to wait a few hours.
    Fair enough :holmes:

At least tell me if it is one of your long bills so I know to be awake :L

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough :holmes:

At least tell me if it is one of your long bills so I know to be awake :L
    There's one fairly long section, but the rest are short. 7 sections in total, including the short title. You could be a little drowsy but perhaps not falling asleep on the keyboard level. :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There's one fairly long section, but the rest are short. 7 sections in total, including the short title. You could be a little drowsy but perhaps not falling asleep on the keyboard level. :p:
    Ok. There is a window; I will time my spirit binge accordingly

ReputationRep:

I wasn't saying that I'd object to the bill's contents, I was referring to paddy's past history with sexual-type bills

ReputationRep:
    From today, I've gotta keep an eye out for a possible £500 leaving my bank account. The system London 2012 is using for allocating tickets and collecting payment is ridiculous...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    From today, I've gotta keep an eye out for a possible £500 leaving my bank account. The system London 2012 is using for allocating tickets and collecting payment is ridiculous...
    I can look after it for you sah.

ReputationRep:
    I can look after it for you sah.

Please rate...

ReputationRep:
    Just received a random letter from some debt recovery company asking someone who lived here previously to pay up to the tune of £2k or they'll come and visit. Do I ring them and say he doesn't live here anymore or is that just opening a can of worms? Or just ignore it?
    In 2 years I've lived here they've never sent another letter to him, which I find odd since this looks like a final ultimatum after many attempts to contact him.

:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Just received a random letter from some debt recovery company asking someone who lived here previously to pay up to the tune of £2k or they'll come and visit. Do I ring them and say he doesn't live here anymore or is that just opening a can of worms? Or just ignore it?
    In 2 years I've lived here they've never sent another letter to him, which I find odd since this looks like a final ultimatum after many attempts to contact him.

Might want to check out their bona fides before anything else...

ReputationRep:

Try and search online for them.

My mother got this when she moved into a new house - she just phoned and said that she doesn't know who the person is, that they haven't lived here for years and that she doesn't want to keep receiving their crap through her letterbox.

They never contacted the house again.

You could ignore it - they have no right to enter your house

OR my personal favourite: Write in bold capitals "NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS" over the letter (envelope) and post it)

ReputationRep:
    5p a minute to call them.
    It ain't my problem and I'm moving out in a couple of weeks anyway. Binned.

Write "NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS" on it in big, black pen and put it in a post box. It's what I did when my father passed away and we got all his debt mail and they never contacted us again.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Tell them to come and then smash their heads in with hammers for the cheek.

Then tattoo a map of the prison onto your back and break out.

Flawless plan tbh.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sex bill.

I dread to think.
    The words. They do not compute.

Sex Bill? please don't tell me they are banning sex it better be about better sex education as when it comes to sex this country is full of prudes :pierre:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Sex Bill? please don't tell me they are banning sex it better be about better sex education as when it comes to sex this country is full of prudes :pierre:
    Prudes? You obviously haven't read any of paddy's previous bills. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Me too although I only bid for two tickets to avoid having incredibly good luck (ironically actually rather bad luck) and getting raped for dozens of tickets. It's quite possibly the stupidest system I've ever known for tickets and when you have things like the Champions League and it's massive booking fee that's saying something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.