Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Digital Spy looks quite good, but when I tried to register it started asking me for money :huff:
    I have a mate who posts there a lot, I didn't think too much of it myself :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I have a mate who posts there a lot, I didn't think too much of it myself :dontknow:
    It isn't good for politics and current affairs but it has really extensive TV, film and music forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Glastonbury lineup looks best yet

Hippies, music, booze...gonna be an awesome 6 days!
    You're going? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Glastonbury lineup looks best yet

Hippies, music, booze...gonna be an awesome 6 days!
    Yeah, it looks alright.

Sonisphere, however :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Yeah, it looks alright.

Sonisphere, however :coma:
    Tell me about it. I was going to buy tickets, then realised my cousins wedding is on the Saturday. How selfish for him to get married when I want to go to Sonisphere.

I've not had much luck with festivals this year. When the registration opened in October for Glastonbury, I didn't have my new bank details or any cash in the old one to pay the £50 deposit. Reading/Leeds is a big meh - so's Download. Sonisphere I'm at a wedding in the middle of it. And Radio 1's Big Weekend didn't give me any tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Tell me about it. I was going to buy tickets, then realised my cousins wedding is on the Saturday. How selfish for him to get married when I want to go to Sonisphere.
    Yeah, what a ****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It isn't good for politics and current affairs but it has really extensive TV, film and music forums.
    Yea, not my cup of tea really - I mean I would get bored reasonably fast so wouldn't post much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Vince Cable is really starting to piss me off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13072509

If you are in government you either publicly agree or you resign. Vince Cable should just piss off :Fuhrer:
    Collective responsibility is weakening. Whether this is a good or a bad thing I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Collective responsibility is weakening. Whether this is a good or a bad thing I'm not sure.
    Bad thing - who wants one senior cabinet minister to say one thing and then another to say something opposite... It's ridiculous. Then you get continuous questions about "if you hate it so much why are you still in government"

Its there for a reason :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Bad thing - who wants one senior cabinet minister to say one thing and then another to say something opposite... It's ridiculous. Then you get continuous questions about "if you hate it so much why are you still in government"

Its there for a reason :fuhrer:
    Yes, but there is a reason why on TSR we don't operate with full collective responsibility. Flexibility has its advantages too.

ReputationRep:

Other suggestions?
    Yeah don't quote me when talking about your oh so interesting life

ReputationRep:
    Vince Cable is really starting to piss me off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13072509

If you are in government you either publicly agree or you resign. Vince Cable should just piss off :Fuhrer:
    Liam fox should also resign for publicly disagreeing with defence spending cuts by that logic. Personally I think having a government that doesn't dictate exactly what its cabinet ministers have to say 24/7 is a good thing, I think the media is still enslaved by this blairite conformity complex.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't quote me when talking about your oh so interesting life
    Well excise me for not bothering to double post :p:

ReputationRep:
    In other news, I posted this link on a friend of mine's Facebook wall. She' Canadian, so reading it made me think of her. She commented how much she thought it was funny. Job done, right?

No.

About a week later, her American boyfriend who seems to think I fancy her messages me. "Hey, I don't like this post. Please remove it." I explain to him that I won't, but if she asks me to remove it I will immeidietly. I explain that it is her decision, and suggest he talk to her.

"Im going to hack her and remove it that way. Im 3 steps ahead of the game. Im watching you mister. At all times."

Needless to say, I fins this hilarious and simply respond "Cute". His response is to say "You spelt 'Im sorry' wrong. Good luck." Note the bolded text for something that made me laugh.

So, I'm thinking I bring this to her attention by posting the entire conversation on Facebook, saying that I'll happily stop posting things of that nature if it makes her life easier and suggesting she keep her dog on a leash.

Other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Well excise me for not bothering to double post :p:
    Too little too late.

(Original post by spidergareth)
    Liam fox should also resign for publicly disagreeing with defence spending cuts by that logic. Personally I think having a government that doesn't dictate exactly what its cabinet ministers have to say 24/7 is a good thing, I think the media is still enslaved by this blairite conformity complex.
    Vince Cable seems to do it every week. Cabinet ministers should have flexibility, but Cable just seems to disagree with everything the govenment does and stupidly says he disagrees or whatever.

He should be sacked.

ReputationRep:
    Digital Spy looks quite good, but when I tried to register it started asking me for money :huff:
    It's free. It's really good for TV, Music, Movies, Radio etc.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    It's free. It's really good for TV, Music, Movies, Radio etc.
    It is very good for TV related gossip such as future episodes and plotlines etc.

ReputationRep:
    Twenty Twelve is a decent show, if anyone has half an hour spare to iPlayer.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Twenty Twelve is a decent show, if anyone has half an hour spare to iPlayer.
    Is that the Olympics comedy or am I thinking of something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Is that the Olympics comedy or am I thinking of something else?
    Yeah, it's the one with Hugh Bonneville. Definitely an underrated/underwatched show.

I hear the Aussies are crying plagiarism though because of this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.