Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Any indications as to why?
    Not as of yet. It's in the "Breaking News" banner on the BBC News channel, but the presenters haven't referenced it yet. My assumption is that the Lords believed five years to be too long (as do I) and objected to the 55% clause, for early dissolution.

ReputationRep:
    Shocking News: Bad bill gets shot down in the Lords :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Tea, one day you will learn how the Lords really works :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13346497

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13346524

Haha I wish my school did stuff like this would have made the experience more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1632607

Third response.

ReputationRep:
    Ah Bakmouth, my favourite deluded religious nut and self-appointed crusader against homosexuality on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Ah Bakmouth, my favourite deluded religious nut and self-appointed crusader against homosexuality on TSR.
    Sounds like the sorta bloke you want a pint with.

ReputationRep:
    Weird... if you go on the Telegraph website, rather than saying The Telegraph it says "counter terrorism projects worth 1.2million scrapped as part of end to multiculturalism".

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching "Bombed but not broken" on BBC Parliament, about the bombing of parliament in WWII?

(Original post by Nothos)
    Anyone watching "Bombed but not broken" on BBC Parliament, about the bombing of parliament in WWII?
    Nah I was watching Jean-Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors, it was the final episode

Is it good? might iPlayer it if it is

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I actually prefer the reference to song "By the Rivers of Babylon."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    :lol: I actually prefer the reference to song "By the Rivers of Babylon."
    Same.

What a song. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13356130

2:56 - the German guy, for reasons unknown, pulls a funny face in an interview. Very strange of the boss of Seimens.

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the documentary "Erasing David" about how much information the government and private companies hold on you and how hard it is to avoid this.

It's actually scary as all hell...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If I say I own hundreds of books and then say that I only took a couple of hundred of these to uni with me does this somehow make me sound pretentious? =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    If I say I own hundreds of books and then say that I only took a couple of hundred of these to uni with me does this somehow make me sound pretentious? =/
    It makes you sound like your car is big.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Oh ****.
    I've said for a long time that the only driving offence we need is 'driving like a berk', to differing degrees. This is good, common sense.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Love how George Osborne double-facepalmed after Ed Milliband tried to throw "Calm down dear" back at David Cameron.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.