Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    1. Denial 2. Anger 3. Bargaining 4. Depression 5. Acceptance ...

The 5 stages of buying petrol.
    Hello Sickipedia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Yeah, but who would get cross-party support? That was Drogue's main downfall, coupled with the fact that many people saw the House as just being lumbered with him, personal opinion about him aside. The latter problem will hopefully be solved by allowing nominations (Sadly, the time Drogue was mod was not great, as too much time was spent with people moaning about the situation) and the former, well, depends entirely on who gets chosen!
    It's always harder to get it right when choosing mods because they're not elected like the Speaker is and the Speaker isn't a mod for very good reasons. The process which allows nominations for the position should help the Admins in choosing a moderator who will do a good job from their point of view but also get cross-party support from you all.

I do happen to think Drogue was the best choice and even though I disagreed with him on some things, whilst working with him as Speaker and being able to see to a greater extent what he was dealing with, he was professional and did a great job.

ReputationRep:
    im between nelson mandela and dalai lama

brap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    It's always harder to get it right when choosing mods because they're not elected like the Speaker is and the Speaker isn't a mod for very good reasons. The process which allows nominations for the position should help the Admins in choosing a moderator who will do a good job from their point of view but also get cross-party support from you all.

I do happen to think Drogue was the best choice and even though I disagreed with him on some things, whilst working with him as Speaker and being able to see to a greater extent what he was dealing with, he was professional and did a great job.
    I agree, as far as mods go, we could have had worse than Drogue. Alas, certain circumstances caused a load of problems at the time, hopefully this time it goes better, because I do think this place needs a mod to stop it turning into an unfun, *****y free-for-all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    Hello Sickipedia.
    It helps procrastination whilst at work
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Green TSR + Android theme for Google Chrome = :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Green TSR + Android theme for Google Chrome = :awesome:
    Screen shot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Boom :top2:
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: png Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 16.22.48.png (175.6 KB, 19 views)

Ugh Android
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Ugh Android
    Android is cool.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh Android
    Get out.

ReputationRep:
    Android is cool.
    Even more so now :teehee:

Attached Images
  2. File Type: jpg FezDroid.jpg (23.0 KB, 74 views)

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Nothos. Does look kinda cool.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Even more so now :teehee:

:gah:

Android is cool.
    Nah it is terrible, and don't get me started on the App store
    Get out.
    No I shall not

ReputationRep:
    Why? In terms of raw numbers it has less apps than iPhone, true, but it has more choice.

For example, I don't like the stock SMS app on android, so I can choose from numerous alternatives legitimately.

Plus, say Apple want to update the maps app in iOS or their mail app. It would require the download and install of an entirely new version of iOS. On Android, system updates for certain things can be gotten from the market, as seen with recent updates to their Gmail app, Maps app and adding better voice search features.

And finally, as a developer, it's much easier to use in my mind. You submit an app and it's up. No waiting for wasteful screening processes, and it's cheaper to get access to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Listening to the radio at work and the "drive-time" show just came on.

Which lucky bugger is driving home at 4pm? :holmes:
    My mum often finishes work at 4. She works on flexitime though and usually starts closer to 8 than 9.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I don't understand how I got authoritarian but okay...
    I shall have to creators of this foolish website dispensed with at once mein Fuhrer

ReputationRep:
    Finally sorted this issue out :woohoo: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1636447

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.