Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quite a line up. I am slightly envious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It is very good for TV related gossip such as future episodes and plotlines etc.
    Yeah I follow there TV/US TV and Radio stories. Really good If you're after TV gossip (states-side) check out TVLine.com - ran by a famous American who used to work for Entertainment Weekly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Quite a line up. I am slightly envious.

I wasn't jealous until I read this. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    You're going? :coma:
    Aye

Went last year, and now i can't imagine not going every opportunity i get! Come with me (and probably Nyika) for 2013 (gap year on 2012)

Queens of the Stone Age were a massive shock, excellent call!

(Original post by paperclip)
    Aye

Went last year, and now i can't imagine not going every opportunity i get! Come with me (and probably Nyika) for 2013 (gap year on 2012)

How much are the tickets + postage? And then how much would you be looking to fork out for staying for those days? :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I want to learn a language, but not sure which one. It is for something extra to put on the CV and also because why not.

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

I'm thinking one of the above but not sure, the latter two are harder but probably more useful....
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I want to learn a language, but not sure which one. It is for something extra to put on the CV and also because why not.

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

I'm thinking one of the above but not sure, the latter two are harder but probably more useful....
    You could always go for Latin or Classical Greek. They are useful to learn.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You could always go for Latin or Classical Greek. They are useful to learn.
    Not much use on a CV though TBH as noone speaks either. Interesting though, I know small pockets of Latin but it could be written on an envelope what I know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Aye

Queens were really bland at Pukkelpop last year.

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

Russian, clearly.

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

Mandarin is apparently what people should be learning to make there way forward in today's business world... If I were learning another language it would be German.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Not much use on a CV though TBH as noone speaks either. Interesting though, I know small pockets of Latin but it could be written on an envelope what I know :lol:
    Actually many employers are impressed by people who learn/ have qualifications in Latin. It is a highly valued language. People in the Vatican and in a small village in Switzerland speak Latin!

ReputationRep:

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

Having learned German, I have to say it isn't hugely useful outside of the three main German speaking countries. It comes in handy now and again, but basically the other languages are probably more useful. I hear Mandarin is hard, but I kind of want to learn it myself.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Queens were really bland at Pukkelpop last year.

Russian, clearly.
    That was on the list, but then I realised I never want to go to Russia.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Mandarin is apparently what people should be learning to make there way forward in today's business world... If I were learning another language it would be German.
    My GF is half German as well so there is added reason to learn that I suppose :lol:

ReputationRep:

- French
    - German
    - Mandarin
    - Japanese

I'm considering the same thing next year through my uni. I've got a choice between French, German, Spanish, or Mandarin. I'm leaning towards German because I did GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    According to whom? It's only spoken by the Chinese, and all Chinese businessmen speak English.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Actually many employers are impressed by people who learn/ have qualifications in Latin. It is a highly valued language. People in the Vatican and in a small village in Switzerland speak Latin!
    Exactly, and they are nobodys! :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Having learned German, I have to say it isn't hugely useful outside of the three main German speaking countries. It comes in handy now and again, but basically the other languages are probably more useful. I hear Mandarin is hard, but I kind of want to learn it myself.
    We could learn together :awesome:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Exactly, and they are nobodys! :lol:
    What if the business you are in relocates to the Vatican/ Switzerland? You'll be sorted then.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I'm considering the same thing next year through my uni. I've got a choice between French, German, Spanish, or Mandarin. I'm leaning towards German because I did GCSE.
    I'm surprised they only offer three. French is nice and easy, so I am always tempted to learn that.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.