Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by wasteman)
    what about companies like BBC then? it works pretty well and is one of the most watched channel in the country
    FYI, the BBC isn't a company, it's a public service broadcaster and is owned by the Crown, not the government.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Not really. She is three years younger than me; its like a 21 year old going out with a 18 year old. Before you bounce back saying 'but they are adults', the age gap won't seem a problem to either the 21 or the 18 year old. The same applies with me and the 14 year old; we had a lot in common and we liked each other.
    You missed my point. I'm saying that there is a difference between being attracted to an older or overweight girl and having sex with a child. Therefore your original comparison was flawed.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Not really. She is three years younger than me; its like a 21 year old going out with a 18 year old. Before you bounce back saying 'but they are adults', the age gap won't seem a problem to either the 21 or the 18 year old. The same applies with me and the 14 year old; we had a lot in common and we liked each other.
    It's not the same. A 14 year-old is a lot less mature, emotionally and physically, than an 18 year-old. That's why there's such a thing as a legal age of consent.

ReputationRep:
    HoC update will be a later on in the evening tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is an outdoor play (free food) and tomorrow is the Media Awards (free wine, free food). You can see how my mind works!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    It's not the same. A 14 year-old is a lot less mature, emotionally and physically, than an 18 year-old. That's why there's such a thing as a legal age of consent.
    Not always, and the age of consent is flawed as it assumed a similar rate of maturity, amongst other things. I have opened this can of worms too many times in the past to do so again though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    HoC update will be a later on in the evening tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is an outdoor play (free food) and tomorrow is the Media Awards (free wine, free food). You can see how my mind works!
    Free food should always take priority. Free wine is not so great as I don't tend to drink it other than the occasional bottle but again, if it's free one can't complain

ReputationRep:
    People on pointless are idiots.

US States with a coastline "Orlando and Mexico"

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)

Eggheads is better. I'm pretty much addicted to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)

I know, the most obvious answer is Canadia.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just heard a few of this year's Eurovision entries. So far, not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Wow... the selfishness of some people really does astound me. My dad has been away on holiday for the last week so I thought, given that he comes back late night/early morning I would clean up the house. I ask my sister to help by moving her stuff and cleaning the landing and bathroom (takes about 30 minutes) and she said "no I am going out" and slammed the door in my face...

How ****ing rude...

ReputationRep:
    God, people, with their lives.

:p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If your sister is sexytimes I am on her side, otherwise - what a ***** :rant:

ReputationRep:
    So it seems I've finally stumbled on thus place during a ceasefire in the sex wars. I wonder when the good Friday agreement will come into effect.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thoughts?

Am I alone in thinking that if Thomas Docherty puts even a toe out of line, with regards to his expenses in the future, he should find himself the subject of a full criminal investigation?

I'm not defending what David Laws did, but it seems incredibly naive to think that the police haven't already considered the case and made their own investigations.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-13393302

Wait am I missing something?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

UK Independence Party 0 0 7 0

^^ shows that UKIP have 7 and gained/lost none net.

The article says: UKIP won nine out of 17 seats in an election in which all the seats were contested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-13393302

Wait am I missing something?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

UK Independence Party 0 0 7 0

^^ shows that UKIP have 7 and gained/lost none net.

The article says: UKIP won nine out of 17 seats in an election in which all the seats were contested.
    AFAIK, the BBC map was only covering county council elections. From what I gather, the UKIP council is a town council.

Which is why the election in my town back home wasn't counted - because Northumberland CC wasn't up for election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    AFAIK, the BBC map was only covering county council elections. From what I gather, the UKIP council is a town council.

Which is why the election in my town back home wasn't counted - because Northumberland CC wasn't up for election.
    :yy: Caught up now I didn't realise the BBC map only covered county. Wasn't really paying attention to that.

ReputationRep:
    This is just ****ing catchy:
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Flying+Squirrels/

"stop hoarding nuts budgies, you don't even like them"
    "oh no budgies don't like nuts"

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.