Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I have also wondered why for years :holmes: and I'm French :eek: :lol:
    It might be because on two occasions the Germans proved how weak the French are.

Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It might be because on two occasions the Germans proved how weak the French are.

Just saying.
    Heh, you obviously don't know much about WWII if you think the French army were "weak".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Heh, you obviously don't know much about WWII if you think the French army were "weak".
    It was a ****ing joke...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You know you're a (poor)student when: you drink a protein shake out of a coffee jar, with some coffee left in it. :L

ReputationRep:
    It was a ****ing joke...
    Well I'm not sure "tehFrance" appreciates it.

ReputationRep:
    Protip: If you need to say "It was a joke", you probably shouldn't have said it.

:lol: well I don't like to think of France as a weak country but couldn't think of a reply that may of said otherwise so I left it

In other news my step-dad was taken aback by my gran phoning and only speaking French down the phone, he was lost for like 5 minutes trying to work out who she wanted to talk to :lol: she doesn't speak English... well not him anyway

Still was nice that she phoned to wish me luck for tomorrow

So everyone else prepared for whatever exams are coming their way?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: well I don't like to think of France as a weak country but couldn't think of a reply that may of said otherwise so I left it

In other news my step-dad was taken aback by my gran phoning and only speaking French down the phone, he was lost for like 5 minutes trying to work out who she wanted to talk to :lol: she doesn't speak English... well not him anyway

Still was nice that she phoned to wish me luck for tomorrow

So everyone else prepared for whatever exams are coming their way?
    Well because I did so poorly in my History coursework I'm now going to have to do pretty well in the exam. Hence my extensive confidence in talking about WWII.

If only France had realised that the Germans could go around the Maginot line

If only France had realised that the Germans could go around the Maginot line
    Well if the idiot that designed it (Joffre I think or at least he proposed it) hadn't just though that Belgium and Luxembourg were 'safe' countries so relaxed the fortifications between the two countries, we would of had a better chance then again de Gaulle was more or less right about investing in more tanks, planes, soldiers etc

Well at least Hitler carried out the 'Schlieffen Plan' something the 'Kaiser' could not do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Protip: If you need to say "It was a joke", you probably shouldn't have said it.
    Yeah because having to saying "it was a joke" to one person who is completely irrelevant often means you shouldn't say things... at least a few others appreciated it, evidently they understood it was a joke.

Protip :yy:

I am sure he can defend himself.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 exams.

The first of which is a month tomorrow. I'm alright for now.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown sold half the UK's gold reserves at the turn of the century at about $260 an ounce. The gold price is now more than $1,500

Let's never forget.

(Original post by cambo211)
    I have 2 exams.

I have one tomorrow too what are your pre-exam rituals? my last exam I just chain smoked until I got in and drank lucozade :lol:
    Gordon Brown sold half the UK's gold reserves at the turn of the century at about $260 an ounce. The gold price is now more than $1,500
    Shows who has the economics/finance degree there doesn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have one tomorrow too what are your pre-exam rituals? my last exam I just chain smoked until I got in and drank lucozade :lol:

Shows who has the economics/finance degree there doesn't it? :rolleyes:

(Original post by cambo211)
    kind of tired from revision :lol:

ReputationRep:
    god football is a emotional roller coater relegation sucks ass

revision i need to do more, exams in a week hoping 3 out of the 4 question i know pop up

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because having to saying "it was a joke" to one person who is completely irrelevant often means you shouldn't say things... at least a few others appreciated it, evidently they understood it was a joke.

Protip :yy:
    One day you will learn subtlety and the value of context

ReputationRep:
    I think yesterday might have been the first time I've been sat at a formal dinner with posh, pretentious students and it was an experience I hope never to repeat!

I stuck out like Adorno at a Tory party conference there and matters weren't helped by my equally common mate getting angry, drunk and loudly whispering to me during the guest speakers bit that he was a **** and was talking ****, causing everyone around the table to give us dirty looks. I don't think I'm ready for all this formal business and I start at Parliament in 6 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I think yesterday might have been the first time I've been sat at a formal dinner with posh, pretentious students and it was an experience I hope never to repeat!

I stuck out like Adorno at a Tory party conference there and matters weren't helped by my equally common mate getting angry, drunk and loudly whispering to me during the guest speakers bit that he was a **** and was talking ****, causing everyone around the table to give us dirty looks. I don't think I'm ready for all this formal business and I start at Parliament in 6 weeks...
    What are you doing at Parliament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    What are you doing at Parliament?
    Nothing political, fortunately!

I'm working with the ICT Department for a year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.