Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For those of you taking essay based subjects, do you come up with your own ideas for dissertation or are you given a list of topics to choose from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm having fun with a troll in the Motoring forum
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    For those of you taking essay based subjects, do you come up with your own ideas for dissertation or are you given a list of topics to choose from?
    From what I know you tend to choose your own and have it approved....

ReputationRep:
    Staff in our department made a list of possible topics and we could either use them directly, alter them slightly or come up with our own. People on my course did a mix of all three.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    In our department, you come up with exactly what you want to do. So, when I write my dissertation, I will be given free rein to choose the topic and the question I want to tackle.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You know what? Sometimes not having ads on the BBC can be a nightmare. I needed to wee really badly throughout the whole of HIGNFY, and the horse puns at the end almost pushed me over the edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    You know what? Sometimes not having ads on the BBC can be a nightmare. I needed to wee really badly throughout the whole of HIGNFY, and the horse puns at the end almost pushed me over the edge.
    I have a BT TV box, so I can pause, stop, rewind etc. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Shami is quite easily annoyed isn't she?
    She's a shameless lefty liberal :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I have a BT TV box, so I can pause, stop, rewind etc. :cool:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    Same.
    Has the signal and quality been ok with yours?
    Do you have the full package of tv box, landline and wi-fi? Or just the tv box?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    I know. Especially when they show films - I want a break half way through so I can go to the loo, get a cuppa tea etc

ITV has way too many adverts and the BBC don't have enough.

ReputationRep:
    She's a shameless lefty liberal :fuhrer:
    Yupp - although she supports an unelected House of Lords so she gets some points.

ReputationRep:
    Has the signal and quality been ok with yours?
    Do you have the full package of tv box, landline and wi-fi? Or just the tv box?
    Full package.

Signal has been fine for me, although sometimes we do get some digital tearing (squares all over the screen), but that's quite rare.
    I find the box fairly difficult to use in contrast to both Sky and Virgin (both of which I've had in the past), which were really good.
    Has signal been bad for you? What do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Full package.

Signal has been fine for me, although sometimes we do get some digital tearing (squares all over the screen), but that's quite rare.
    I find the box fairly difficult to use in contrast to both Sky and Virgin (both of which I've had in the past), which were really good.
    Has signal been bad for you? What do you have?
    I have the full package too. I originally got it when I was living in a flat, and since it was quite far from the reciever the signal was quite poor. When I moved home again the signal was better at first, fine in fact but lately it's been crappy again.

It all depends on how far away from the broadcasting antenna you are.

The wifi is great though. It's nice having your own wifi. I have my own phone line but to be honest I don't really use it.

BT Vision? :rofl: what a fail of a package from that failure of a company... which I own shares in :cry:

Sky+HD with Anytime+ and CanalSat baby, the ultimate TV packages :cool:

ReputationRep:
    We have Virgin Media - at first it was fantastic. Cheap, reliable and good. Now a days, however, our TV service is terrible. We should phone up and DEMAND our money back for a TV service we can't use.

ReputationRep:
    I have the full package too. I originally got it when I was living in a flat, and since it was quite far from the reciever the signal was quite poor. When I moved home again the signal was better at first, fine in fact but lately it's been crappy again.

It all depends on how far away from the broadcasting antenna you are.

The wifi is great though. It's nice having your own wifi. I have my own phone line but to be honest I don't really use it.
    Have you tried moving your HomeHub or whatever you have as far away from the TV/TV wires as possible?
    We got bad signal problems at first, but it turned out it was interference caused by the close proximity of the HomeHub (with wifi) and the aerial cable going into the TV.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried moving your HomeHub or whatever you have as far away from the TV/TV wires as possible?
    They are in different rooms at the moment. The aerial wire is connected firmly.

We got bad signal problems at first, but it turned out it was interference caused by the close proximity of the HomeHub (with wifi) and the aerial cable going into the TV.
    Hmm, maybe that was one problem in my last residence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.