Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Randy Savage has died.

RIP.
    They say he had a heart attack before he crashed.

ReputationRep:
    A bit morbid I know but here is a list of all the well known/famous people who have died so far this month alone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Out of interest - when PSN was down could you still get iPlayer etc etc?
    I don't think so, but I didn't try it so I don't really know :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

You fall in love you lose :mmm:

Out of interest - when PSN was down could you still get iPlayer etc etc?
    Yes as iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD are not part of PSN.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    They say he had a heart attack before he crashed.

A bit morbid I know but here is a list of all the well known/famous people who have died so far this month alone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2011
    Sad times
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    :facepalm: unless the girl finds you somewhat attractive and interesting you can forget it at least that is the way I take it but then again I have a schlong and am exotic and most girls in the area know that so :sexface:

This is just my crappy opinion though.

So who has Band of Brothers on Blu-ray? I have it on DVD and I know the Blu-ray is excellent quality wise I am unsure whether I want to purchase it although the tin does look nice thoughts?
    Oh dear. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    We have Virgin Media, its had its problems but there customer service has always been good. Its Cheap, normally reliable unless I screw it up, and is good.

For example - our V+HD box is running slow because I may or may not have filled up the hard drive with Glee.

Although somehow I fixed the internet by putting a wireless router onto it. It somehow sped it up.
    Ours was good when we first got it - but recently we have been losing channels. They just stop working for days/weeks on end... it's actually quite annoying.

(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Need a fail-o-meter reading from you guys.

Was out at our Politics ball last night. Much drinking and discoing with lecturers was done, but strange things happened. A girl I'd never met before was there. I think she was probably the most beautiful girl in the room and I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped when I saw her. Turns out she's the ex of a mate of mine so I do a bit of covert asking around and find out that she's single and a good catch. I make sure he doesn't care and then get to work.

Two hours later, rubbish flirting on my part has gotten me a few smiles but basically nothing as she sits there occasionally texting someone. Clearly, I'm not interesting to her.

Fast forward another two hours and we're all pretty trashed. The girl I was after has continued being uninterested and has left but the girl who has been flirting with me all night is still there. Quite pretty, a bit crazy. We end up making out in a corner and do a bit of dancing before she essentially ditches me to go back to the group. Later on she leaves with a friend without so much as a by your leave.

Fail-o-meter reading anyone?

Nappa: Vegeta what does the scouter say about his fail-level?
    Vegeta: It's over 9000!!!
    Nappa: What? 9000! There's no way he failed that much!

You fall in love you lose :mmm:
    **** me....

As gay as it sounds, I actually like this song.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Ours was good when we first got it - but recently we have been losing channels. They just stop working for days/weeks on end... it's actually quite annoying.

Nappa: Vegeta what does the scouter say about his fail-level?
    Vegeta: It's over 9000!!!
    Nappa: What? 9000! There's no way he failed that much!

**** me....

As gay as it sounds, I actually like this song.
    I like her singing it

ReputationRep:
    I like her singing it
    She isn't bad - she did choose a difficult song. That's what annoys me about X Factor sometimes, when people cannot do the song justice - they can ruin a good song.

ReputationRep:
    Coolest spotify playlist ever :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Don't have spotify can you post a list?

ReputationRep:
    I love how utterly ruthless people are being about the rapture not happening. The papers are openly taking the piss. It strikes me as a little unprofessional, but I find myself not caring because lol rapture.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever seen that episode of "American Dad" that is centred around the rapture happerning and the anti-Christ coming to earth?
    It is one of the best episodes. Well worth watching.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever seen that episode of "American Dad" that is centred around the rapture happerning and the anti-Christ coming to earth?
    It is one of the best episodes. Well worth watching.
    Aye, it's epic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They day isn't over yet brothers and sisters of god
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    QFA
    I wouldn't call the General Election (2010) result a success for the Liberal Democrats at all. In terms of seat gain/loss, this is their worst election since 1970; what's even worse is that before polling day, Cleggers went touring the UK like Jesus trying to sweep up the votes.

Immigration is the worst policy and I would never vote Liberal Democrat on that alone. The idea that they want a written constitution, scrap Trident, support Labour's financial policy except they would have nationalised more banks, tuition fees and opposing nuclear power are a series of Liberal Democrat policies which I believe are idiotic. The only reason people voted Liberal Democrat in 2010 because they saw 'this handsome man on the television' who tried to distance himself from Brown and Cameron which we all know failed after polling day.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13482408

^^ Chris Huhne has to go now. He needs to resign.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nobody has to resign on the basis of allegations tbf.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.