Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Tbh I would of done more
    Haha, yeah we did bring that on ourselves. It was only a bin bag that went through our window, but the morning after like 20 french police officer showed up at breakfast to protect the hotel. It was a bad choice of hotel tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    We're not having paedo bar again are we?
    Paedobar :sexface:

Although I do contest that term... It should be Hebebar - a portmanteau of Hebephile and bar

(Original post by paddy__power)
    Elaborate? :holmes:
    I remember The Louvre being free although that may of been under an age limit. Parc des Buttes Chaumont... which is a park. Notre-Dame and in the summer the Paris Plage which is a beach running along the Seine. Come to think of it not much is free :lol:
    (Original post by spidergareth)
    Haha, yeah we did bring that on ourselves. It was only a bin bag that went through our window, but the morning after like 20 french police officer showed up at breakfast to protect the hotel. It was a bad choice of hotel tbh.
    A bin bag what has happened to the youth of today, I remember doing so much worse when I was 14 :cool:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I remember The Louvre being free although that may of been under an age limit. Parc des Buttes Chaumont... which is a park. Notre-Dame and in the summer the Paris Plage which is a beach running along the Seine. Come to think of it not much is free :lol:

A bin bag what has happened to the youth of today, I remember doing so much worse when I was 14 :cool:
    Apparently the line to the Louvre takes hours if you get there non-very early.

ReputationRep:
    There were reports of a firework being thrown on the other side of the building, although that is probably lies. One of the youths did have a flare gun but we must not have angered him enough.

Apparently the line to the Louvre takes hours if you get there non-very early.
    Yes... get an advance ticket it is like 6€ (unless it has changed, haven't been in a while)... the line is shorter at the advanced ticket entrance

ReputationRep:
    I love the Louvre

There were reports of a firework being thrown on the other side of the building, although that is probably lies. One of the youths did have a flare gun but we must not have angered him enough.
    :lol: are you sure it was a flare gun? handguns are easy to come by in the banlieues, most that cause the trouble come from them. As for the fireworks it is likely
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes... get an advance ticket it is like 6€ (unless it has changed, haven't been in a while)... the line is shorter at the advanced ticket entrance
    That would be the plan.

I am currently applying for my passport

(Original post by Teaddict)
    I actually don't love it...

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't love it...
    France sucks

ReputationRep:
    :lol: are you sure it was a flare gun? handguns are easy to come by in the banlieues, most that cause the trouble come from them. As for the fireworks it is likely
    It was the night before Bastille day, so I expect fireworks were easy to come by. Its possible but this was a few years back and my memory is hazy.

Thankfully it was a flare gun as I saw him fire it into the air on the other side of the carpark.

Tbh the funniest thing was the 3 vans of police officers who showed up, helped themselves to the free breakfast + had a little smoke and then drove off.

(Original post by Teaddict)
    France sucks
    :cry:
    It was the night before Bastille day, so I expect fireworks were easy to come by. Its possible but this was a few years back and my memory is hazy.

Thankfully it was a flare gun as I saw him fire it into the air on the other side of the carpark.
    Ah Bastille day, last years was about honouring Africa and it rained

ReputationRep:
    That would be the plan.

I am currently applying for my passport
    When Kieren and i went i'm pretty sure it was free for students, and there was like, no line IIRC.

Was awesome

ReputationRep:
    I went to Paris the year after the massive riots, in a hotel near a building that had been burned. That was fun. Most nights were spent taunting the french youths outside the hotel about losing to italy in the world cup. Then they threw stuff at us.
    How many of your schoolgirl friends did you enjoy? :sexface:
    I didn't get with anyone

We stayed in a 'motel' in belgium for the first bit of the trip before moving to a charming hotel in Paris where we found bloody fingerprints in the bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I didn't get with anyone

We stayed in a 'motel' in belgium for the first bit of the trip before moving to a charming hotel in Paris where we found bloody fingerprints in the bathroom.
    Haha, cheap school trips are the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    When Kieren and i went i'm pretty sure it was free for students, and there was like, no line IIRC.

Was awesome
    I haven't been to Paris for a few years, but I remember them having certain days of the week where it was free to enter.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paperclip)

Was awesome
    Lucky you

I plan to go with a mate, or maybe the GF. :dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I didn't get with anyone

Sounds like an unsuccessful trip.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an unsuccessful trip.
    One-tracked mind.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.