Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    And how many days per year is the wind fast enough for them to be taken offline?
    Well it's not just the wind being too strong but also too weak. Wind power isn't a great source of power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Well it's not just the wind being too strong but also too weak. Wind power isn't a great source of power.
    How did you come to that?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796

The only thing more idiotic than this arsewipe are the people who actually believe what he says. Pathetic.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)

The only thing more idiotic than this arsewipe are the people who actually believe what he says. Pathetic.
    Never know, third time lucky and all that...

Tbh it's silly how much coverage end of the world theories get. I don't mean to brag but I've survived the world ending 5 times now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)

It's really quite ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Never know, third time lucky and all that...

Tbh it's silly how much coverage end of the world theories get. I don't mean to brag but I've survived the world ending 5 times now
    It's more than 3 times now isn't it? The Times seemed to think he'd predicted wrongly four times before this (couple times in the 80's and another couple in the 90's).
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    It's more than 3 times now isn't it? The Times seemed to think he'd predicted wrongly four times before this (couple times in the 80's and another couple in the 90's).
    AFAIK 1994 was his first, then this one. Could be wrong though.

Ah, just checked, 1988 as well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I feel sorry for the children and vulnerable relatives of these people who are stupid enough to have given away all their possessions.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Paddy said that anyone can post in here so I thought I would pop in and say hello

(Original post by Uncon)
    Hey guys,

Paddy said that anyone can post in here so I thought I would pop in and say hello
    Get out, paddy was wrong

I joke, I joke, welcome to the mad house hope to see you in the Conservatives soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Get out, paddy was wrong

I joke, I joke, welcome to the mad house hope to see you in the Conservatives soon
    Hey tehFrance,

Thanks for the welcome - yeah hopefully it should be good. This place looks quite interesting; haven't seen anything like it before so
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/blog/guest...-scrap-the-nhs

ReputationRep:
    Interesting article.

I don't think it is being very fair though. Just because a country doesn't operate a wholly nationalised system doesn't mean it operates the American model.

I agree with the article in that the American model has done a lot of damage to a lot of people. The idea that those on lower incomes should lose their home to pay for medical bills is unbelievably unfair, however, many European countries have hybrid systems involving, to some large degree, the private sector.

The French were ranked as first in the world for healthcare some years ago by the World Health Organisation.

ReputationRep:
    That Charlie Veitch is a right ********.
    Just been watching some videos of his and with him in.
    Both he an his anarchist friends have been acting like right turds.

ReputationRep:
    I'm free from the burden of exams! But no-one else is so I'm drinking alone tonight.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    So, We have the RL government introducing a new kind of ID card, and now we have the highest borrowing that the month of April has ever seen (so much for reducing the deficit eh Osborne?). Add in things like the NHS not being protected and the university fees situation and one has to ask, are any major policies or promises going to be kept?

ReputationRep:
    So, We have the RL government introducing a new kind of ID card, and now we have the highest borrowing that the month of April has ever seen (so much for reducing the deficit eh Osborne?). Add in things like the NHS not being protected and the university fees situation and one has to ask, are any major policies or promises going to be kept?
    At least they are increasing international aid. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We should all have realised by now that going into coalition gave the government the perfect excuse to do away with anything they didn't really like. How many times have we heard ministers answer questions about policies by saying "we're in a coalition, so we had to compromise"...
    And the ONS pulled the usual trick of releasing the news on the same day as Obama arrives and Volcano II kicks off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncon)
    At least they are increasing international aid. :rolleyes:
    But the dispersal of the foreign aid is questionable.
    I've been meaning to write a bill on this for a few days now but I haven't had the time.
    I would like to see a fairer and better dispersal, and a more responsible and humanitarian dispersal of said funds.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently people are kicking up a stink over a lib dem leafletter taking a labour party leaflet out of a letter box and putting his own in.

Surely that's just standard practice? It's what I was told to do and did.

Anyone else who has gone leafletting have any input?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.