Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011k4qn/?t=12m

^^ It's not bad.
    I like how Harriet "Harperson" Harman was mouthing the words "That's not funny."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I like how Harriet "Harperson" Harman was mouthing the words "That's not funny."
    The stupid *****

Anyone else watching Obama's speech? Good old Bercow giving an introduction. Loving how on the front row we have Blair and Brown talking as Major turns his back to them and talks to Cameron and Clegg Clegg is in the Conservative group

ReputationRep:
    Obama looks like a mixed-race Jon Cryer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Obama looks like a mixed-race Jon Cryer
    Not really

ReputationRep:
    Not really
    He does mainly the shape of the mouth

ReputationRep:
    Well the "ginger rodent" thing was a little more personal
    Meh I don't see how it's offensive... He should have been a smart arse and challenged her false claim that Tories aren't natives to Scotland - If you look at pre-Thatcher times, the Tories had some fantastic results in Scotland.
    I know right - she's useless really.

Meh I don't see how it's offensive... He should have been a smart arse and challenged her false claim that Tories aren't natives to Scotland - If you look at pre-Thatcher times, the Tories had some fantastic results in Scotland.

I know right - she's useless really.
    You've been so tetchy recently. You negged me for a pretty innocuous joke. Is it because you got kicked out of the Tories? :console:

ReputationRep:
    But the two situations aren't really that compatible. Thatcher's policies completely changed Scotland to the extent that Scotland has now convinced itself it was ever the most radical part of the country which isn't so true as a' that. But for a' that, and a' that, it may well be that Thatcher broke the Union (with a little help from her friends in New Labour).

ReputationRep:

Cannot stop watching this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)

Cannot stop watching this!
    Isn't there something a little odd about middle-aged men playing at being 12? Not very statesman-like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Isn't there something a little odd about middle-aged men playing at being 12? Not very statesman-like.
    How are they playing as if they're 12? It's just a game of table tennis :cool:

Christine Lagarde has officially announced her candidacy for IMF chief... she will get the job without a doubt now, BRICS are kicking up a fuss though

(Original post by Adorno)
    Welcome to 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    You've been so tetchy recently. You negged me for a pretty innocuous joke. Is it because you got kicked out of the Tories? :console:
    I was irritable before I got kicked out of the Tories, of that I can assure you.

ReputationRep:
    I was irritable before I got kicked out of the Tories, of that I can assure you.
    Oh gawd, I'm not up to date.

Why did you get kicked out? I honestly have no clue as to why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Oh gawd, I'm not up to date.

Why did you get kicked out? I honestly have no clue as to why.
    I dispute some of this but this:

Reason for Expulsion in Formal Party Notices thread
    Teaddict has been expelled from the party for numerous incidents including;

Demanding a fellow MP be demoted
    Referring to other members of the house and the party in a derogatory fashion
    General rep whoring

This decision has been coming for quite some time, and Teaddict had been warned on numerous occasions (just as were all previously expelled members) that his attitude, derogatory remarks and snide comments were out of order.
    Whilst this particular member was an active member, which is more than can be said for many of us (!), I believe his comments, remarks and on occasion his downright rude interrogations of newer members detracted from what is supposed to be a pleasant sub-forum.

Indievertigo's reasoning for expulsion
    Further to the reason posted by Wednesday Bass -who incidentally is the Assistant leader at present, supporting myself and Cambo who are both very busy IRL(as I imagine is Wednesday Bass, but at least with three we're unlikely not to have someone active!!)- Teaddict has had a ... turbulent history within the party, requiring fairly regular warnings about his general rudeness both to members of our party internally, and snide and sometimes plain nasty comments about members of other parties. He has regularly managed to create a rather bitter and sour atmosphere within the party either through these comments or through his shameless self-interest -i.e his refusal of certain positions because he wanted another which had more status, and then when he got the other doing absolutely nothing in it. He's had at least one "last warning" from myself, and countless other warnings and pointedly suggestive PMs; I consider myself reasonable when it comes to giving people chances and support, both of which I did with Teaddict. Unfortunately, we do tend to get one or two who just don't get what being decent means.

Unlike Teaddict's suggestion that this was as a result of "personal animosity"; this was a decision that had been on the cards for several months, and actually not one that has caused any stir, surprise or contention within the party - without presuming to speak for all Tory members, I believe a majority of us have wanted this action for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    I meant to say congratulations re Wimbledon!
    Thanks mate, now the hard work and stress begins though.

ReputationRep:
    x
    That's a shame.

What now?

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame.

What now?
    Not really a shame; without knowing it, it's apparently supported in the party so...

What now? Nothing When my TSR subscription ends in June, I will probably take my leave; much to the celebration of some I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame.

What now?
    Now he forms his own party and tries for full domination

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.