Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Teaddict)
    Cleaning It was wicked. Seriously underrated job.
    But that is for immigrants :lol:

Yeah it is, isn't it? for some reason the British think that anything manual is beneath them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)

Yeah it is, isn't it? for some reason the British think that anything manual is beneath them
    It is that's why we have so many immigrants. On a serious note, many British people are just against the idea of good old hard work.

ReputationRep:
    Erm
    What?

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    It is that's why we have so many immigrants. On a serious note, many British people are just against the idea of good old hard work.
    That does appear to be the case
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    What?
    What were you getting at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)

I must confess, before I did cleaning I considered it a crap job blah blah, but after doing it for a year it's actually quite good. There is something nice about doing simple work. Especially given the relationship you build with colleagues or the people you work for - I get on quite well with a number of solicitors there.

We have four members of staff: Two English, Two foreign. The foreign workers aren't any better than the English to be honest - what I have noticed though is that they cut corners something chronic. They do more work, granted, but not as well I have noticed.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This Week is not worthy of the West Wing theme tune.

ReputationRep:
    Question Time:

Let me first address this point: Louise Bagshawe and Charlotte Harris are two very gorgeous women, especially Charlotte Harris.

Okay, onto question time itself. I do dislike it when they invite people like Charlotte Harris on because although they certainly look nice, they aren't all that interesting to listen to. They have such narrow knowledge that they are only brought on for one question; in this case the issue of privacy and injunctions. Beyond that realm, they aren't all that useful.

I think Sir Christopher Meyer made an absolutely brilliant point on binge drinking - if they are in that state, they should be charged with a public disorder offence. Smack a large fine on them and bang them up over night.

Hilary Benn made a great point on Libya and intervention in general - just because you cannot intervene everywhere, doesn't mean you cannot intervene at all. It isn't possible to help everyone all of the time but we should certainly help people most of the time when possible.

I would like to think Jeremy Brown was right that there was a large queue to leave the EU

Just watched the first episode of The Apprentice and that Miranda Rose is one hottie... if I saw her in a bar it would be :sexface:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I need a job.

I would work as a cleaner.

I will gladly do manual/labouring jobs.

I will work nights.

I must be successful.

I must now sleep.

I bid you good night and happy morrow.

I now away to bed.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I need a job.

I would work as a cleaner.
    Do it! Very easy work indeed. Very flexible as well - we do what we want when we want. The pay isn't great, but you shouldn't expect it to be.

I must now sleep.
    Night night, sleep tight, dream of bed bugs tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what font this is:

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone know what font this is:

'Present Roman' apparently from Adobe or Linotype Present.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Wagner appeared on this week... Look at Dianne's face when that cake appeared.... and what the hell was Andrew Neil thinking at the end there? Dianne's bed? You what :lolwut:

(Original post by toronto353)
    'Present Roman' apparently from Adobe or Linotype Present.
    Thank you Canada
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you Canada
    You're welcome Coffeelover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    You're welcome Coffeelover

Overreaction much :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I see you're doing an MEng so I thought I'd ask you what you thought of this.

I've accepted a sponsored MEng degree with INEOS. In the first 2 years I'll go to college and do an HNC and HND while getting work experience at INEOS during the holidays. Then I go straight in to the MEng degree in 3rd year at Heriot-Watt university. After the degree they've guaranteed a job for 3 years. What do you think? This is electrical engineering by the way :cool:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do it! Very easy work indeed. Very flexible as well - we do what we want when we want. The pay isn't great, but you shouldn't expect it to be.

Night night, sleep tight, dream of bed bugs tonight.
    Aye, a job is a job to be honest ^^

:love:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I see you're doing an MEng so I thought I'd ask you what you thought of this.

I've accepted a sponsored MEng degree with INEOS. In the first 2 years I'll go to college and do an HNC and HND while getting work experience at INEOS during the holidays. Then I go straight in to the MEng degree in 3rd year at Heriot-Watt university. After the degree they've guaranteed a job for 3 years. What do you think? This is electrical engineering by the way :cool:
    I think that sounds pretty good actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I think that sounds pretty good actually.
    What put me off it initially was that it's not straight into university, I'll have to go to college for 2 years. As some one who applied for Cambridge, Falkirk college is a bit of a difference :lol: But I decided to take it, if I don't like it I can go to university next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    What put me off it initially was that it's not straight into university, I'll have to go to college for 2 years. As some one who applied for Cambridge, Falkirk college is a bit of a difference :lol: But I decided to take it, if I don't like it I can go to university next year.
    It sounds similar to what I'm doing at Loughborough (though for a different course). I do the first two years of my course and (providing a get decent marks, 2:1+ average) do a year out in industry then come back and finish my 3rd year. Chances are I'll be offered a job by the people who took me on if they liked me enough.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.