Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a brilliant case for nuclear power by George Monbiot: if an ageing nuclear plant, incompetently managed and with obsolete safeguards, is hit by one of the worst earthquakes in recent history, yet hardly anybody is killed, then we must conclude that nuclear power has a lot to be said for it.

It's brilliant - if a green fundamentalist such as George Monbiot can support nuclear energy, there may be hope for other Greens yet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nuclear is actually statistically the safest form of energy, in terms of deaths per TW hour. The most dangerous is coal, and the record for the largest number of deaths due to a single accident is held by hydro.

(Original post by Teaddict)
    There may be hope for other Greens yet.
    There is no hope for the Greens, they are too far gone

On another note; The Infidel is hilarious Omid Djalili has done well in this film :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    This is a brilliant case for nuclear power by George Monbiot: if an ageing nuclear plant, incompetently managed and with obsolete safeguards, is hit by one of the worst earthquakes in recent history, yet hardly anybody is killed, then we must conclude that nuclear power has a lot to be said for it.

It's brilliant - if a green fundamentalist such as George Monbiot can support nuclear energy, there may be hope for other Greens yet.
    Finally he joins the ranks of sensible people who see a future for nuclear and renewables working alongside each other.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    There is no hope for the Greens, they are too far gone

On another note; The Infidel is hilarious Omid Djalili has done well in this film :rofl:
    I was going to watch four lions again but may watch this instead.

(Original post by paddy__power)
    I was going to watch four lions again but may watch this instead.
    Oh do it is about a Muslim who finds out he is Jew, one of the funniest films I have seen come out of Britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Finally he joins the ranks of sensible people who see a future for nuclear and renewables working alongside each other.
    About bloody time - now let's see if the Green Party can adopt that sensible view rather than lying about nuclear power being evil.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Oh do it is about a Muslim who finds out he is Jew, one of the funniest films I have seen come out of Britain
    Will do - I'm a fan of him as well. Hopefully it isn't horrifically low budget haha.

(Original post by paddy__power)
    Will do - I'm a fan of him as well. Hopefully it isn't horrifically low budget haha.
    Don't think it is but it really is a good watch

ReputationRep:
    It's so infuriatingly complex to get cheap train fares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Avoid thetrainline.com.
    For all their grandstanding, in 4 years I've never found them any cheaper than the train companies themselves, and that's before you add on their booking fee.

I always find it cheaper to go north than south :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I always find it cheaper to go north than south :holmes:
    Supply and demand.

(But since supply is the same, since for a train to go from North to South it must be in the North to start...just demand).

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's dead easy. You just wave this:

And you get a free ticket!

ReputationRep:
    While it's horrible that people have died because of this E.coli thing, I can't help but smile at stuff like "the hunt is on for deadly cucumbers" and "cucumber victims will increase".

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/health/2...-humanity.html
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If it is down to the spanish cucumbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)

Seriously? Are you in the police?

ReputationRep:

But if a fight breaks out on the train and it was your day off, wouldn't you have to get involved?

ReputationRep:
    While it's horrible that people have died because of this E.coli thing, I can't help but smile at stuff like "the hunt is on for deadly cucumbers" and "cucumber victims will increase".

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/health/2792-deadly-cucumbers-get-revenge-on-humanity.html
    I heard they'd been exonerated?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Are you in the police?
    Not yet :sad:

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    But if a fight breaks out on the train and it was your day off, wouldn't you have to get involved?
    I'd have to do that anyway, whether or not I'd paid for travel.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet :sad:
    I wondered after seeing your recent post in the knickerless thread

Would the free tickets stretch to a first class open return from Penzance to Thurso?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.