Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Abuse_Exposed/

this is shocking. seriously, its horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    I'd have to do that anyway, whether or not I'd paid for travel.
    Fair. All I know about police comes from 1980's episodes of 'The Bill', which were probably more realistic than the later ones, though well out of date now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Would the free tickets stretch to a first class open return from Penzance to Thurso?
    Almost certainly not, unfortunately. One guy tried to get a season Travelcard, and almost ****ed it up for all of us :facepalm2:

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    Fair. All I know about police comes from 1980's episodes of 'The Bill', which were probably more realistic than the later ones, though well out of date now.
    Yeah, I'd say so! Before or after 1984? If it was before, then it'd be almost unrecognisable as the same organisation.

ReputationRep:
    Watching It's A Trap! the third instalment of Family Guy Star Wars... not very good to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Neither were the first two really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Neither were the first two really.
    True...

But this is a really nice couch.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13505169

^^ Shocking, absolutely shocking...

£200 for a murder...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/fr...00/9501531.stm

These people disgust me, I am so ****ing angry after reading this. If ever there was an argument for the death penalty....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/fr...00/9501531.stm

These people disgust me, I am so ****ing angry after reading this. If ever there was an argument for the death penalty....
    What do we expect when the most vulnerable members of our society are dumped in these profit making institutions who get blank cheques from government and have a joke of a watchdog? Go have a look at the qualifications these places ask for to become a carer and what they pay and tell me what kind of people you think will be attracted to these jobs? Caring people?

Fair play to the CEO for having the balls to go on camera but how anyone can think this place should be still open is beyond me?

And they said it costs £3,500 per person per week to provide that care? Why don't the government give a fraction of this money to the families of these people, they end up with better care and the government saves a fortune. Win, Win.

Another example of the government trying to control everything and failing miserably, yet again.

ReputationRep:
    Will do - I'm a fan of him as well. Hopefully it isn't horrifically low budget haha.
    Check out his impression of the Nigerian accent, it's hillarious.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    Those were the days.
    Don Beech and all the other corrupt cops. Some great entertainment there.

(Original post by arabcnesbit)
    And they said it costs £3,500 per person per week to provide that care? Why don't the government give a fraction of this money to the families of these people.
    They won't though, the government expect private companies to provide high quality care for £500 a week (this comes from my mum who is the head of a care home, maybe different depending on what care it is for though), while they give hospitals endless amount of cash that they waste (again from mum during her time as a director of two hospitals in her time before private sector) and no one gets the treatment/care that they need.

This is why I have been favouring that the NHS be dismantled or at the very least rebuilt from the ground up and not from the **** foundations it already has but this will never happen as the English are proud to have crap care for everyone, even if it costs more than if the services were running efficiently.

/Rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Watching It's A Trap! the third instalment of Family Guy Star Wars... not very good to be honest.
    In fairness, it does say "Don't expect much, etc. etc." at the start if you read the scrolling text.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I had domz yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    They won't though, the government expect private companies to provide high quality care for £500 a week (this comes from my mum who is the head of a care home, maybe different depending on what care it is for though), while they give hospitals endless amount of cash that they waste (again from mum during her time as a director of two hospitals in her time before private sector) and no one gets the treatment/care that they need.

This is why I have been favouring that the NHS be dismantled or at the very least rebuilt from the ground up and not from the **** foundations it already has but this will never happen as the English are proud to have crap care for everyone, even if it costs more than if the services were running efficiently.

/Rant
    yeah but the company that owns that place make a profit of about £31million on £85million revenue

ReputationRep:
    I had domz yesterday
    I love the free dip they give for the crusts...that stuff is orgasmic hence why I am so pissed off that they aren't accepting online orders...*******s
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)

:call2::call:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    :call2::call:
    I only have my debit card; not sure if they take that over the phone and even if they did I would be somewhat uncomfortable doing it. If they are going to inconvenience me by removing online orders then I shall take my business elsewhere :mad:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.