Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I only have my debit card; not sure if they take that over the phone and even if they did I would be somewhat uncomfortable doing it. If they are going to inconvenience me by removing online orders then I shall take my business elsewhere :mad:
    Don't they take it on delivery? I seem to remember they do although I was ****ered at the time and it wasn't me paying :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Don't they take it on delivery? I seem to remember they do although I was ****ered at the time and it wasn't me paying :lol:
    Most places give you the option of paying by card online/by phone or paying in cash on delivery.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Most places give you the option of paying by card online/by phone or paying in cash on delivery.
    I swear I remember them taking card on delivery then again it may not of even been them as the pizza was yum not ****

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Either way I can see no good reason to stop online orders so they can take their pizza and **** off now lol

No idea.
    Phone and ask then... what is it with people not having forethought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    In fairness, it does say "Don't expect much, etc. etc." at the start if you read the scrolling text.
    Yes but I thought that was a joke... evidently they are being serious.

ReputationRep:
    Phone and ask then... what is it with people not having forethought
    I'm too lazy its working! Tandoori Hot is coming my way

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...army-game.html

You're ****ing kidding me... what is wrong with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...army-game.html

You're ****ing kidding me... what is wrong with people.

They are clearly moron's, thats what's wrong with them

ReputationRep:
    Just completed a Prove It! test for using Word. Didn't realise until it had already started that it was for Word 2007, the most infuriatingly complex heap of crap Microsoft has ever created. It makes me more angry than Football Manager used to, which often made me want to throw the computer at the window.

ReputationRep:
    I only have my debit card; not sure if they take that over the phone and even if they did I would be somewhat uncomfortable doing it. If they are going to inconvenience me by removing online orders then I shall take my business elsewhere :mad:
    I'm the same tbh.

(Original post by Student2806)
    Just completed a Prove It! test for using Word. Didn't realise until it had already started that it was for Word 2007, the most infuriatingly complex heap of crap Microsoft has ever created. It makes me more angry than Football Manager used to, which often made me want to throw the computer at the window.
    You're getting old mate, Word 2007/10 is change for the better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Don't get me started on office 2007. While user interface design isn't a strict science, even an idiot can tell you that removing the buttons to use the most common features and hiding them in a menu which you can't tell is a menu (I only found out by chance that the big gem in the top left was clickable) is ridiculous.

Despite this, Microsoft are using this stupid ribbon system in as many apps as possible.

Thank God for mac. Although even Apple are doing some stupid **** in lion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Don't get me started on office 2007. While user interface design isn't a strict science, even an idiot can tell you that removing the buttons to use the most common features and hiding them in a menu which you can't tell is a menu (I only found out by chance that the big gem in the top left was clickable) is ridiculous.

Despite this, Microsoft are using this stupid ribbon system in as many apps as possible.

Thank God for mac. Although even Apple are doing some stupid **** in lion.
    It's even worse when you're trying to find things under test conditions, when every click you make is being recorded.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13609388

^^ Looks like some pretty good technology.

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    They are clearly moron's, thats what's wrong with them
    Absolutely - my old primary school tried to ban bulldog... In response, we decided to play it on concrete rather than grass. With hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea but oh well
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I love the free dip they give for the crusts...that stuff is orgasmic hence why I am so pissed off that they aren't accepting online orders...*******s
    We often order extra dip :sexface:

Their cookies are the sex tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely - my old primary school tried to ban bulldog... In response, we decided to play it on concrete rather than grass. With hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea but oh well
    They never tried that when I was a kid.
    I never saw that sort of stuff.
    Honestly I don't think it's as common as people or as the media thinks or reports. Thankfully.

I certainly hope not anyway. In the future if the school where my kid(s) attended tried that I'd give them an earful and then some.

I remember playing bulldog, we played on concrete too and it was great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    We often order extra dip :sexface:

Their cookies are the sex tbh.
    Extra dip? Greedy *****

The cookies are amazing but I always feel stuffed after the pizza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    They never tried that when I was a kid.
    I never saw that sort of stuff.
    Honestly I don't think it's as common as people or as the media thinks or reports. Thankfully.

I certainly hope not anyway. In the future if the school where my kid(s) attended tried that I'd give them an earful and then some.
    Enough do it to be of concern.

The thing that annoys me the most is how TV is regulated. Take the example of Dragonball (my personal obsession ). When that was first made and aired, there was a lot of violence. People losing limbs, having blood thrown everywhere, people dying left right and centre...

the new one, DragonBall Z Kai... no where near as much violence. People still lose limbs but they don't have bloody pouring out... there is no giant holes in their torso where they get blasted...

stupid tv regulation.

TV/Video Game violence doesn't make people more violent. Only people with mental problems would try and copy something they see. I personally spent much of my childhood watching animated characters getting beaten to a pulp whilst shooting innocent people numerous times, running them over, burning them alive... I haven't gone out and committed a murder or crime at all.

It's nonsense.

I remember playing bulldog, we played on concrete too and it was great
    Ahh all the bruises and scraped knees/elbows... good times. We were pretty reckless as kids to be honest... surprised we didn't get seriously hurt.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-13616599

omg... what the **** is wrong with people...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.