Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A brand new laptop for work with Windows 7 and already there's a problem FFS.
    I'm getting lines on the screen everytime I stir it from sleep mode.

I guess that's what happens when you don't get the most expensive things.

(Original post by Nothos)
    As far as I know, there's no law against photographing private property.
    Okay then of me, I wasn't my best I value my privacy and the fact the guy trespassed as well just gets on my nerves, cross my property and I normally shoot but I was already outside with the dogs

But yeah I am more concerned with the image of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Apprentice Spoilery
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyone else gutted that Vincent was fired tonight? :cry:
    meh, bit shocked that 2 went, he was ok in a way all talk not much else, so you can tell his was in sales

its his own fault he didn't bring Jim back, not liked him from week 1, always wants to be at the front but wouldn't stand up to be PM so stands back abit

shoot himself in the foot not bring him back

ReputationRep:
    Okay then of me, I wasn't my best I value my privacy and the fact the guy trespassed as well just gets on my nerves, cross my property and I normally shoot but I was already outside with the dogs

But yeah I am more concerned with the image of me.
    Implied right of access. I highly doubt him driving up your drive then leaving would hold up as trespass.

Implied right of access. I highly doubt him driving up your drive then leaving would hold up as trespass.
    We have a sign that clearly states no turning around, no entry to unauthorised vehicles and the fact he went pass the gate to turn around means he trespassed but that isn't the issue really more the image of me on GSV not looking my best (surely you can guess ) and I know the blur out your face (or they are supposed to) but what about the rest of your body?

ReputationRep:
    We have a sign that clearly states no turning around, no entry to unauthorised vehicles and the fact he went pass the gate to turn around means he trespassed but that isn't the issue really more the image of me on GSV not looking my best (surely you can guess ) and I know the blur out your face (or they are supposed to) but what about the rest of your body?
    From what I'm aware, simply putting a broad "no turning" sign doesn't revoke implied right of access.

And I believe you can request them not to use your picture somewhere.

From what I'm aware, simply putting a broad "no turning" sign doesn't revoke implied right of access.
    (No access sign to ) Right so you are telling me he can just drive past the gates and turn around? there is a whole road outside and enough space without coming in past the gates to turn around. The law in this country is ridiculous then :mad:
    And I believe you can request them not to use your picture somewhere.
    I guess I'm on the hunt to find it as you normally wouldn't be able to see someone with the fence but this was way higher than the fence

ReputationRep:
    (No access sign to ) Right so you are telling me he can just drive past the gates and turn around? there is a whole road outside and enough space without coming in past the gates to turn around. The law in this country is ridiculous then :mad:

I guess I'm on the hunt to find it as you normally wouldn't be able to see someone with the fence but this was way higher than the fence
    Meh, without implied right of access, postmen, ambulances, police, etc. wouldn't be able to access your property.

ReputationRep:
    There was an incident at a bank in Watford, my local town, today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ford-bank.html

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new...rd_bank_siege/

I think that's the first interesting thing to happen there for ages.

Meh, without implied right of access, postmen, ambulances, police, etc. wouldn't be able to access your property.
    Post box is before gate so no issue, emergency services I have no issue with, private enterprises and others who are uninvited (unless I know them) on the other hand are people I do have an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Post box is before gate so no issue, emergency services I have no issue with, private enterprises and others who are uninvited (unless I know them) on the other hand are people I do have an issue.
    That's the trouble if you have a big house with all the "get the **** off" signs around, it makes people curious. On the other hand if you have a small house that looks like all the rest of them, no one gives a damn. You do seem to be getting worked up about nothing though...

(Original post by Adorno)
    You do seem to be getting worked up about nothing though...
    Yes I am getting worked up over nothing, them taking pictures of me is just nothing :rolleyes:

I personally don't like people clearly coming on to my property without permission nor do I like them taking pictures without authorisation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am getting worked up over nothing, them taking pictures of me is just nothing :rolleyes:

I personally don't like people clearly coming on to my property without permission nor do I like them taking pictures without authorisation.
    **** happens.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Douwe Egberts. My one luxury in life

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever tried watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart online via the Comedy Central website?

It doesn't let you outside of the US, but gives you something almost as good. This:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever tried watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart online via the Comedy Central website?

It doesn't let you outside of the US, but gives you something almost as good. This:

If you fake HTTP headers, you can watch it.

ReputationRep:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3...10309at085.png
    I dunno about you chaps, I say send out the red coats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    If you fake HTTP headers, you can watch it.
    I have a US based VPN which I use :ninja: I just forgot to turn it on.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/l...ails_to_pupil/

ReputationRep:

:awesome:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.