Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Nothos)
    I have a US based VPN which I use :ninja: I just forgot to turn it on.
    Why don't you just download it from elsewhere without the need of a VPN that is what I do with the French shows I miss

ReputationRep:
    :lol: That was a complete fail.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    On my new PC (to be built on the 23/06/2011, GTX 580 + i7-2600K) I'll be running Windows 7 as my main (as I'm a bit of a gamer ) and Ubuntu 11.04 on another hard drive.
    Have you used Ubuntu 11.04? I was hugely let down by this version of Ubuntu to be honest. I would reccomend either using Mint Linux (version 11 is out) or using an earlier version of Ubuntu.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Anyone ever tried watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart online via the Comedy Central website?

It doesn't let you outside of the US, but gives you something almost as good. This:
    I tried ages ago and found it faintly annoying I couldn't watch it outside the US (or at least not easily). This was my reaction on their forums: http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page...hread_id=22892

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Have you used Ubuntu 11.04? I was hugely let down by this version of Ubuntu to be honest. I would reccomend either using Mint Linux (version 11 is out) or using an earlier version of Ubuntu.
    I quite like Ubuntu 11.04 once I got used to the sidebar. Although I don't like the lack of taskbar to show what windows are open on which desktop - and I haven't trawled through the settings to see if it's possible.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Over my head.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    If you fake HTTP headers, you can watch it.
    How does that work? as that'd be useful for Aussie TV

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if people will kick off again after that horse was killed/ put down before the Queen's Salute, seeing as there was some what out cry after the national about race horse deaths

comments so far seem to be more worried about how the Queen would feel about it, public picking and choosing how to feel
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I couldn't care less about the queen to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I couldn't care less about the queen to be honest.
    its more to do with how people reacted to horse racing deaths, oh the are pointless they should be free running in a field doing what ever

when a army horse which is still a work horse, but these no reaction to it like that, its oh what a shame, i bet the queen is sad, oh well the show must go on

abit rich really
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by robinson999)
    its more to do with how people reacted to horse racing deaths, oh the are pointless they should be free running in a field doing what ever

when a army horse which is still a work horse, but these no reaction to it like that, its oh what a shame, i bet the queen is sad, oh well the show must go on

abit rich really
    I care more about the horses. I like horses, even if riding them hurts.

ReputationRep:
    I care more about the horses. I like horses, even if riding them hurts.
    I just find it rich how people react, 1 in evil and must be ban, but the other is meh

ReputationRep:
    I love horseracing. If they tried to take that from me, I'd find someone to be responsible, and ****ing kneecap them.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've watched maybe three races in my life I think. Very boring. May well be a whole lot more interesting if I bet on it though.

May well be a whole lot more interesting if I bet on it though.
    Bets make everything more interesting I bet on everything myself
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Bets make everything more interesting I bet on everything myself
    I would if I had money. I would bet on poker games, as I'm reasonably decent at poker, and small bets on big events but currently have never been in a bookies to bet.

I would if I had money. I would bet on poker games, as I'm reasonably decent at poker, and small bets on big events but currently have never been in a bookies to bet.
    You poor sod, I win 70% of the time on average :cool: I have a gift beg, borrow or steal and go to the bookies ASAP.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Texas hold 'em is the best way to bet imo. Have to be careful not to get into the mess a friend of mine is in at the moment though. Don't spend more than you can afford, no matter how confident you are with your hand. Another person could have a royal flush and take all your money.

ReputationRep:
    I just played the Battle Hymn of the Republic on my trumpet. Another proud moment

ReputationRep:
    I've watched maybe three races in my life I think. Very boring. May well be a whole lot more interesting if I bet on it though.
    Obviously, but even if you don't bet, it's brilliant! It's like, "Chipper's Widget is coming round the final lengths, Roger the Goose coming up alongside...OH WHAT'S THIS? DROP THE BABY HAS STREAKED PAST THEM AND WON IT BY A NOSE!" Brilliant :daydreaming: It helps if you're actually there, of course, it's not great on TV.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.