(Original post by tehFrance)
    Yeah well I value it more than the BBC
    Make better use of the services then

It's not all about BBC 1,2,3+4.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It is what 4 pound a week for a pouch and papers... that is nothing... I smoke straights which is a pack of 20 a day :eek:

It smells wonderful and cancer? what cancer, no one I know has gotten cancer from smoking.
    Depends how much money you have. Due to lending a friend who I trusted some money when he was desperate (idiot got himself into deep dept with some.... unsavory types) and then him refusing to pay me back and now ignoring me I'm ludicrusly skint right now. Annoying as well as I know he has since been payed several times and each time has spent the money on illegal substances rather than actually paying me back :mad:

Anyway, I am ludicrusly skint and I used to spend around £15 a week for the amount of tobacco I smoked.

Wouldn't say it smellet wonderful, but as I say, the health reasons never really bothered me.

(Original post by Nothos)
    Only stopped smoking tobacco?
    Whatever do you mean?

(Original post by cambo211)
    Make better use of the services then

It's not all about BBC 1,2,3+4.
    Other than the commercial music station in the car, I don't listen to radio as BBC Radio like the BBC TV is full of leftist views

ReputationRep:
    Other than the commercial music station in the car, I don't listen to radio as BBC Radio like the BBC TV is full of leftist views
    Should listen to Nick Robinson more then, he's hardly "leftist".

ReputationRep:
    I use so much of the BBC services that for me it's absolutely amazing value.

ReputationRep:
    Even better value for me at the moment as I don't pay the licence fee. Good old iPlayer and BBC News website.

ReputationRep:
    My school didn't offer history :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Whatever do you mean?
    In one episode of black books Bernard had to smoke his own pubes when he had no tobacco.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    In one episode of black books Bernard had to smoke his own pubes when he had no tobacco.
    Black books is awesome, but I've never smoked my own pubes. Nor have I ever smoked anyone elses. I have smoked oregano at some point though. I came fairly close to eating scrambled eggs out of a shoe with a comb though, I was drinking from a vase and eating cereal out of a saucepan using a fork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Yeah the problem is it goes too far towards a PC agenda, at GCSE level I did:

Rise of the Nazi Party - damn and I was planning to lead a Fascist Party when I grew up aswell but now I realise it's wrong.
    Civil Rights in America - Doesn't have much relevance to British History, it's only in here to further the agenda of multiculturalism
    South African Apartheid - Same as above, the only link we have is that South Africa used to be a British colony and there are Anglo-South Africans.
    Israel/Palestine - Possibly the only useful world relevant subject of the four.

Then Jack the Ripper for coursework (? - just incase our children decide to go around chopping up whores!) and some stuff on Bletchley Park. It's bad enough that our government used to see it fit to constantly shove multiculturalism down our throat believing we're not clever enough to accept it by ourselves, they have to tailor History curriculum choices around subjects which support their position. The only British history I actually did at GCSE level was coursework on a mass murdering lunatic and some code breakers. The only time the British Empire is even mentioned is in association with the slave trade, WW1+2 are only mentioned in social history, the American colonies and American Revolution aren't even mentioned. I could go on and on.

History teaching before University level is pretty shocking. There isn't much point to teaching things like Victorian washerwomen or Victorian children's toys (both things we did pre-GCSE) when vast swathes of our history is ignored.

Don't get me started on the strange reasoning for the Tudors being central to Primary School education. Quite why they are I have no clue, unless Y5's are interested in the reform of the Church of England and worshipping practices.
    Bletchley Park is some important stuff. The contributions of mathematicians and computer scientists to the war effort must be recognised, dammit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Black books is awesome, but I've never smoked my own pubes. Nor have I ever smoked anyone elses. I have smoked oregano at some point though. I came fairly close to eating scrambled eggs out of a shoe with a comb though, I was drinking from a vase and eating cereal out of a saucepan using a fork.
    Ever snorted baking powder while trying to avoid rape by a gay coke dealer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Even better value for me at the moment as I don't pay the licence fee. Good old iPlayer and BBC News website.
    So long as you don't watch the news live
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ever snorted baking powder while trying to avoid rape by a gay coke dealer?
    :rofl: Oh god don't remind me :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I watch the occasional live program, but apparently they're not allowed on campus as they can't get a warrant or something like that.

Oh my, I have just remembered that it is Magpies vs Saints tomorrow at 9:20am... bloody Australia

ReputationRep:
    I watch the occasional live program, but apparently they're not allowed on campus as they can't get a warrant or something like that.

The only person i know on campus who's been pestered more than the initial letter sent to everyone is the one person in my flat who tried to declare that he didn't need one.

ReputationRep:
    The only person i know on campus who's been pestered more than the initial letter sent to everyone is the one person in my flat who tried to declare that he didn't need one.

The lesson here is - don't watch live tv, occasionally watch live internet streams :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The lesson here is - don't watch live tv, occasionally watch live internet streams :cool:
    Or watch live TV, don't tell them you are and don't tell them you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Or watch live TV, don't tell them you are and don't tell them you aren't.
    :eek: You law breaker!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You law breaker!
    There are worse laws to break.

And it shan't be a law I break for life.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.