Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says there's no good modern music needs to check out Bon Iver.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Anyone who says there's no good modern music needs to check out Bon Iver.
    And Taylor Swift ().
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Landlord gets a mortgage for a house. He rents the house out to people until the mortgage is paid off. He sells the house and retires.

    ^^ Is that fair or unfair?
    Offline

    15
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Landlord gets a mortgage for a house. He rents the house out to people until the mortgage is paid off. He sells the house and retires.

    ^^ Is that fair or unfair?
    He is a smart bugger I'll give you that fair imo.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand Taylor Swift.
    Offline

    15
    Is Brokeback Mountain good? I haven't seen it so
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Landlord gets a mortgage for a house. He rents the house out to people until the mortgage is paid off. He sells the house and retires.

    ^^ Is that fair or unfair?
    Isn't that how most independent landlords work?...
    • PS Reviewer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Is Brokeback Mountain good? I haven't seen it so
    Yes.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I lost the back from one of my studs and can't find it. FML.
    Offline

    2
    DO YOU HATE EDUCATION? SO DOES A. C. GRAYLING!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Unsurprisingly, it was created by Oxford students.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geraldine)
    Isn't that how most independent landlords work?...
    Yes but is it fair on the tenants?

    (Original post by tehFrance)
    He is a smart bugger I'll give you that fair imo.
    I thought so too.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I cannot stand Taylor Swift.
    Offline

    15
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Yes but is it fair on the tenants?
    Who cares, if their contract is coming to an end the landlord can decide not to renew, this gives the tenant time to find other accommodation so then the landlord can sell and move to the Caribbean
    • PS Reviewer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I like Taylor Swift - decent pop songs.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My shoulders hurt and I have no idea why. I still have no milk. I have to do washing but can't be bothered. I'm nearly out of my favourite Thai Orchid febreeze. :emo:
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Landlord gets a mortgage for a house. He rents the house out to people until the mortgage is paid off. He sells the house and retires.

    ^^ Is that fair or unfair?
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. My mum was induced into doing this a few years back by one of her friends; after like a year, tenants failed to pay the rent at the same rate as the mortgage. We ended up losing that flat, and also almost losing the house we live in now.

    But yeah, if it works, it helps everyone involved, so why wouldn't it be fair?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. My mum was induced into doing this a few years back by one of her friends; after like a year, tenants failed to pay the rent at the same rate as the mortgage. We ended up losing that flat, and also almost losing the house we live in now.

    But yeah, if it works, it helps everyone involved, so why wouldn't it be fair?
    No idea, some guy on another forum is saying it's a scam and that the landlord, when he sells his house, should only get like 20% of the value whilst the remaining 80% is shared between the tenant and the taxpayer.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    No idea, some guy on another forum is saying it's a scam and that the landlord, when he sells his house, should only get like 20% of the value whilst the remaining 80% is shared between the tenant and the taxpayer.
    Stop frequenting Communist websites.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Although I'm fine with what Tea's said i do see the logic in being against it.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reply
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.