Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    For the WiFi only model, Sony have set the U.S price at $249.99 and the Eurozone price at €249.99. Using todays exchange rate, that means Eurozone customers will pay 32% more than US customers.
    Add on tax, duty, shipping costs and it is reduce significantly although I cba to work out percentages :lol: also US prices does not include taxes (fed, state and local) while Eurozone does....

Are we going around in circles

(Original post by sandys1000)
    From the US? Where are you ordering from?
    Amazon US although it isn't coming direct as it can't but shipped so sending it to my aunt's and she is sending it on with some things for mum

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...Coalition.html

^^

Hhhmm not sure if I explained the Arab-Israeli conflict enough for the guy hopefully it gave him a good understanding of the conflict (albeit bias in favour of Israel)... could I add anything more though? :holmes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Add on tax, duty, shipping costs and it is reduce significantly although I cba to work out percentages :lol: also US prices does not include taxes (fed, state and local) while Eurozone does....

Are we going around in circles
    Actually, with the exception of sales tax (which not all states have), all other costs are included in the sale price, just like they are here. Obviously differing tax rates and transport costs make it harder for a "direct conversion price", but I very much doubt that they amount to an additional 32% on top of costs in the US.

ReputationRep:
    Hhhmm not sure if I explained the Arab-Israeli conflict enough for the guy hopefully it gave him a good understanding of the conflict (albeit bias in favour of Israel)... could I add anything more though? :holmes:
    It's not that you explained it enough but that your explanation is, if I recall correctly, somewhat... well flawed. The British didn't let the Jewish have their own country, the Jewish declared independence of Britain. It's not like we just said "screw you Arabs, we are in favour with the Jews now".

(Original post by Teaddict)
    It's not that you explained it enough but that your explanation is, if I recall correctly, somewhat... well flawed.
    How flawed? I know it has bias but I think I got it covered

If it truely is flawed to hell and not some pro-Palestine, anti-Israel thing then I'll amend in the morning when I am more alert

Edit: "The British didn't let the Jewish have their own country, the Jewish declared independence of Britain. It's not like we just said "screw you Arabs, we are in favour with the Jews now"."
    From my understanding talking to people that served in Israel, Britain did more or less allow them to create a country, there wasn't a proper effort to prevent it or come up with a solution.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously there was tension/antagonism on all sides, but surely Israel 'started' the Six Day War?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    He's a good lad.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I love the new chrome adverts. They're beautiful. For those who haven't seen any:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13711335

About time ^^ The potential for this is amazing... just imagine all the awesome fighting games you could have... this game might even make something like Runescape ****ing interesting.

Mix that virtual headpiece with the vibrating equipment that guy invented... fully immersion gaming = amazing.

ReputationRep:
    The Archbishop of Canterbury should leave politics to the democratically elected politicians.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No he shouldn't. He is entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13711335

About time ^^ The potential for this is amazing... just imagine all the awesome fighting games you could have... this game might even make something like Runescape ****ing interesting.

Mix that virtual headpiece with the vibrating equipment that guy invented... fully immersion gaming = amazing.
    One of these days I'm gonna go to E3. That gas mask game looks interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    One of these days I'm gonna go to E3. That gas mask game looks interesting.
    Yes E3 looks amazing - I went to a games convention in the ExCel centre, London - that was amazing
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My one and only convention was a network security convention I went to with cisco. Not as 'glamorous' or 'fun' as E3

ReputationRep:
    http://insight.thestudentroom.co.uk/...ratecardv2.pdf

Is interesting to look at :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Stricof is a babe
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Stricof is a babe
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    No he shouldn't. He is entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else is.
    Certainly he is entitled to his personal views, as we all are.

The key distinction, however, is that his statements were not befitting his role. His role is ecumenical and he shouldn't, in his position, be writing criticisms of the democratic government in such a public manner.

It would be a different situation if his article were based on a religious view, but it isn't, it is an entirely secular view, which he shouldn't really be doing as the de jure leader of the Anglian church's day to day matters.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.