Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    But you actually removed me! It was mostly a joke that I will ask for an apology but I shall expect one nonetheless :cool:
    Your reaction was part of the joke - you are welcome to reapply and I will consider your request appropriately

Stupid Euro :rolleyes:
    You're stupid
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    So have I and while I was doing it I saw Dayne so I guess he did too

I have removed H+C just in case :rofl:
    Of course, you know he has to be removed from the MP usergroup now as well. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    The fact you're getting angry does suggest that it was you.
    I'm not angry....just casual swearing dear
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Can't remove him as an MP though, does that make H&C a temporary independant, or will the speaker be asked to do so?

Tbh I don't think it was H&C (though a simple check will find out) but with his history it isn't a surprise that the party has to be cautious.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Of course, you know he has to be removed from the MP usergroup now as well. :teehee:
    Please as a special request just leave it for a small while XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Can't remove him as an MP though, does that make H&C a temporary independant, or will the speaker be asked to do so?

Tbh I don't think it was H&C (though a simple check will find out) but with his history it isn't a surprise that the party has to be cautious.
    There's being cautious and there's slamming me in the defendants box waiting for the Judge to walk in!

Ham and Cheese MP
    Independent

ReputationRep:
    though a simple check will find out
    Not necessarily though. It's not exactly hard to hide your real ip address is it?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There's being cautious and there's slamming me in the defendants box waiting for the Judge to walk in!

Ham and Cheese MP
    Independent
    Well... Technicaly as you got your seat due to your party rather than being voted in yourself you should have to give up your seat :beard:

Of course as a simple party member it's hardly up to me. Really it's up to the speakership.

ReputationRep:

Ham and Cheese MP
    Independent
    Aesop weeps for you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Not necessarily though. It's not exactly hard to hide your real ip address is it?
    No, but most people don't know how to.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well... Technicaly as you got your seat due to your party rather than being voted in yourself you should have to give up your seat :beard:

Of course as a simple party member it's hardly up to me. Really it's up to the speakership.
    If he remains independent he does lose his seat as it is a Labour seat and not his seat, lol.

ReputationRep:

There isn't much point for a check which will be done soon. I have the support of my constituents and I shall stay!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it serves any useful purpose to throw around accusations and jump to conclusions before the mods have looked into the matter.

If party leaders are ever suspicious about a member applying to join their usergroup, they can request a dupe-check from the moderators.

Ham and Cheese MP
    Independent
    MP seats stay with parties btw.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    No, but from what I understand TSR has checks in place for that. No idea how reliable it is personaly as I don't know how they check.

Can people even run as an independent? how would that work at election time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    If he remains independent he does lose his seat as it is a Labour seat and not his seat, lol.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    MP seats stay with parties btw.
    Don't worry that was a joke

But I shall return because IT WASN'T ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Yeah, there were a couple in the parliament before last October. They just submit a manifesto like a party. I'm not sure what would happen if they got more than one seat's worth of votes though
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We've had indie MPs before. They run in much the same way as a party would.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's been a few indy candidates over the years. They're just added to the voting ballot as if they were another party.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.