Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Yeah, there were a couple in the parliament before last October. They just submit a manifesto like a party. I'm not sure what would happen if they got more than one seat's worth of votes though
    They only get a maximum of 1 seat regardless of their vote share. The rest are distributed as usual.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, there were a couple in the parliament before last October. They just submit a manifesto like a party. I'm not sure what would happen if they got more than one seat's worth of votes though
    We've had that before as well :rofl: Wasn't that WTF (witness the fitness)?

They simply take up one seat and the number of seats is adjusted accordingly so we still get 50 MPs.

(Original post by DayneD89)
    We've had indie MPs before. They run in much the same way as a party would.
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Yeah, there's been a few indy candidates over the years. They're just added to the voting ballot as if they were another party.
    Oh really :holmes:

I'd be tempted to run as an indie next time... bring French policies to British MHoC
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mike and Robbie both had seats a couple of parliaments ago.

Ok so the member who made the dupe was davidmarsh01.

He has been expelled from the party and clearly I urge other leaders to exercise caution in accepting him if he applies.

I am shocked that it was him, but there we go. I welcome PMs from anyone with any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Mike and Robbie both had seats a couple of parliaments ago.

He has been expelled from the party and clearly I urge other leaders to exercise caution in accepting him if he applies.

I am shocked that it was him, but there we go. I welcome PMs from anyone with any questions.
    Do I get an apology?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Do I get an apology?
    No. I didn't remove you because I thought it was you I removed you for lols.

I may accept you back if you stop acting like a plank though. I may even allow you to be an MP :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Dictatorship of the Paddy__Powertariat in action.

ReputationRep:
    No. I didn't remove you because I thought it was you I removed you for lols.

I may accept you back if you stop acting like a plank though. I may even allow you to be an MP :awesome:

I happily accept the offer :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Dictatorship of the Paddy__Powertariat in action.
    (no caps though)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)

I happily accept the offer :p:
    I'll think about it.

Damn I lost 1€ :cry:

So just finished watching Décalage Horaire (Jet Lag) and I cried, I normally cry when I watch films so great film, Jean Reno

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching QT?

Germaine Greer just equated little girls kissing their dad goodnight to teaching them to flirt. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Anyone watching QT?

Germaine Greer just equated little girls kissing their dad goodnight to teaching them to flirt. :facepalm2:
    Yes I saw it to. What the hell is she on about or more importantly what is she trying to imply. :lolwut:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I will watch it on the morrow.

ReputationRep:
    It's very rage inducing this week. Full of populist and sensationalist crap from pretty much all sides. Germaine Greer and Peter Hitchens are quite clearly mentally ill with some of the comments they've made tonight,
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Hitchen's got booed then accused the audience of supporting the sexualisation of children. Look, who do we blame? The parents. They are the first defence for their children, they can stop them watching certain TV, they can stop them playing certain games, they can stop them doing certain activities but they don't.

Blame the parents.

I wish I was on the panel for the aid discussion though purely to smack Jo Swinson in the face - for people in this country people have to work themselves out of poverty. Fair enough Jo, but why doesn't the same apply to the third world? Why do they get handouts? Here is a better idea - scrap aid and instead trade with them - let them... work themselves out of poverty, that's the domestic policy right?

Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up.
    I'd gladly lower myself :smug: anything to control the masses like Murdoch
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mmm. Heavily subsidised food at my work's canteen. Big plate of fish, chips and peas: 'bout two seventy five. Going to get freshly made sandwich from the Delhi bar later, as much fillings as I want, big roll: one fifty. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding on Wednesday: same price as the fish and chips. Full English breakfast in the morning, too, something I'll have to have next time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Smack)
    Mmm. Heavily subsidised food at my work's canteen. Big plate of fish, chips and peas: 'bout two seventy five. Going to get freshly made sandwich from the Delhi bar later, as much fillings as I want, big roll: one fifty. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding on Wednesday: same price as the fish and chips. Full English breakfast in the morning, too, something I'll have to have next time.
    Lucky you

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.