Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Fair enough, I expected that answer - but the offer is there if you want.

New job eh? Details dear boy, details!
    Thanks for the offer

Just 14 hours a week with vodaphone, a company I've protested against numerous times with UKuncut :blush:. Still, right now I'm simply desperate for a job. It would actually mean I would earn only a couple of pound a week more than I currently do on JSA, but at least it's something to put on my CV and I want a part time job for when I start studying as I obviously wont have JSA then.

(Original post by sandys1000)
    Not for democracy
    Who needs democracy
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I may not want a relationship but even I know that texting feelings is not the right way to go about things... I'm old school
    Move into the modern age man! I do agree with you that texting really isn't the way to do it though. Still, if she said no through text it isn't that likely that the answer would have been too different in person.

That is a good thing, would be even easier to get the policies through
    I would rather have an opposition than an effective Conservative one party state.

(Original post by DayneD89)
    Move into the modern age man! I do agree with you that texting really isn't the way to do it though. Still, if she said no through text it isn't that likely that the answer would have been too different in person.
    It is better in person, he could of guilt tripped her into a proper date although yes most likely no difference and as for moving into the modern age... never!
    I would rather have an opposition than an effective Conservative one party state.
    Nah I prefer the old fashion dictatorship... things get done quicker :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I may not want a relationship but even I know that texting feelings is not the right way to go about things... I'm old school
    Mehh.

It worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Mehh.

It worked for me.
    Didn't for me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the offer

Just 14 hours a week with vodaphone, a company I've protested against numerous times with UKuncut :blush:. Still, right now I'm simply desperate for a job. It would actually mean I would earn only a couple of pound a week more than I currently do on JSA, but at least it's something to put on my CV and I want a part time job for when I start studying as I obviously wont have JSA then.
    UKUncut :rolleyes:

But yeah it's good you have a job - every little helps as Tesco would say. You could supplement your job at Vodaphone with a cleaning job - you could do two hours a night, five days a week - that's an extra £60 for very easy, simple work [in most cleaning jobs you don't even have to stay there for the whole two hours - many don't].

Wait... my knowledge of this isn't great... if you aren't studying but don't have a job, you can claim benefits? Even if you are studying in a few months?

ReputationRep:
    Texting is good for casual comments.. anything that has a degree of important shouldn't be done via least - at worst, it should be done via phone. Face-to-face is still my preferred measure for most things.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    I don't think I'd ever post anything in H&R tbh. You're as likely to get troll responses than anything serious.
    More likely, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Didn't for me.
    Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and move on.

No point getting yourself massively down about it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    UKUncut :rolleyes:

But yeah it's good you have a job - every little helps as Tesco would say. You could supplement your job at Vodaphone with a cleaning job - you could do two hours a night, five days a week - that's an extra £60 for very easy, simple work [in most cleaning jobs you don't even have to stay there for the whole two hours - many don't].

Wait... my knowledge of this isn't great... if you aren't studying but don't have a job, you can claim benefits? Even if you are studying in a few months?
    Actually no I couldn't. For one reason or another if I get a job of 16 hours or more I will actually lose money. This job is 14 hours a week, so I will be around a pound a week better off than I am now overall, but if I was working 40 hours a week I would be almost 70 pound a week worse off overall, meaning I wouldn't be able to continue paying rent or anything. Weird, eh? It's mainly due to my current housing situation.

Yep, as long as I'm looking for work. Which means I have to apply for a certain number of full time jobs, even if I'm telling them all that if they hire me I would be quitting in a few months. If I couldn't claim benefits right now I would have an income of... well, 0. When my course starts I wont be able to claim any more as it's a full time job. I wouldn't really need a job while studying, but I definately would prefer to work so I actually have some spending money while I study.

ReputationRep:
    Actually no I couldn't. For one reason or another if I get a job of 16 hours or more I will actually lose money. This job is 14 hours a week, so I will be around a pound a week better off than I am now overall, but if I was working 40 hours a week I would be almost 70 pound a week worse off overall, meaning I wouldn't be able to continue paying rent or anything. Weird, eh? It's mainly due to my current housing situation.

Yep, as long as I'm looking for work. Which means I have to apply for a certain number of full time jobs, even if I'm telling them all that if they hire me I would be quitting in a few months. If I couldn't claim benefits right now I would have an income of... well, 0. When my course starts I wont be able to claim any more as it's a full time job. I wouldn't really need a job while studying, but I definately would prefer to work so I actually have some spending money while I study.
    Fair enough - yes the welfare system is silly, which is why the fantastic work by Ian Duncan Smith is so necessary

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? and what course?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Fair enough - yes the welfare system is silly, which is why the fantastic work by Ian Duncan Smith is so necessary

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? and what course?
    Well, the system does need reform, though I'm sure you won't be surprised that Ian isn't going the way of doing so I would like

21. It's towards a history degree. Annoyingly for me the first year will be full of modern history, but the third term is almost completely set aside for us to write our own paper on a topic of our choosing which means I get to go into something I enjoy more with some ancient history. Of course that plan may change before I reach that stage.

How are your studies going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Should i be taking relationship advice from someone who has flat out said that they don't want a relationship?

In certain groups of people a text is often the easiest and best way to do things. It may not be seen as old school romancing but who really cares.
    No old school romance always best. :fan:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    SHE walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that 's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellow'd to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
    One shade the more, one ray the less,
    Had half impair'd the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
    Or softly lightens o'er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express
    How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
    So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
    But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
    A heart whose love is innocent!

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed, when I next come back here all the sappy stuff (which I was mainly responsible for) better be gone so I can forget about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    SHE walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that 's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellow'd to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
    One shade the more, one ray the less,
    Had half impair'd the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
    Or softly lightens o'er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express
    How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
    So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
    But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
    A heart whose love is innocent!

:sexface:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :fluffy:

Omg. You luffs Byron. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Well, the system does need reform, though I'm sure you won't be surprised that Ian isn't going the way of doing so I would like

21. It's towards a history degree. Annoyingly for me the first year will be full of modern history, but the third term is almost completely set aside for us to write our own paper on a topic of our choosing which means I get to go into something I enjoy more with some ancient history. Of course that plan may change before I reach that stage.

How are your studies going?
    Yeah I know, some of us are calling for more cuts But seriously, the general principles are good - now all they need to do is merge child benefits together and cap it at three children [somehow].

You're 21 :eek: Have you ever been to University before? What topic would you choose then, assuming all goes to plan?

My formal studies are on hiatus until September when I finally go to University - two years later than originally intended.

Yes it is :sexface:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :fluffy:

Omg. You luffs Byron. :daydreaming:
    I do. That's one of my favourite poems. I do say the same thing about probably hundreds though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I should be going into the third year now if I had had more sense when I was younger, instead I'm starting the first year again :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.