Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I do. That's one of my favourite poems. I do say the same thing about probably hundreds though
    My favourite [narrative] poem is The Raven:

:sogood:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Yeah I know, some of us are calling for more cuts But seriously, the general principles are good - now all they need to do is merge child benefits together and cap it at three children [somehow].

You're 21 :eek: Have you ever been to University before? What topic would you choose then, assuming all goes to plan?

My formal studies are on hiatus until September when I finally go to University - two years later than originally intended.
    I'm considering a piece on the sphinx. I've been doing a little research into it and it seems to me it was most likely originaly an anubis in the old kingdom that lost it's facial features (ears and/or nose) in the First Intermediate Period and had the face resculpted into the face of a pharoh in the middle kingdom. Still that could change. I like my ancient history. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy modern history as well, but I tend to find ancient and medieval history more interesting. One of my life goals is to read the visigoth interpritation of the bible.

Yer, much later than I had planned mine too What are you going to study?

ReputationRep:

That's quite good Tea, didn't know you were an old-fashioned romantic, thought you were a man of integrity and...war and stuff.

I do. That's one of my favourite poems. I do say the same thing about probably hundreds though
    Same. :daydreaming:

Lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

A good poem, I have it as the title poem in one of my poem books
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    That's quite good Tea, didn't know you were an old-fashioned romantic, thought you were a man of integrity and...war and stuff.

Same. :daydreaming:

Lol
    Are you even in a party lol?

ReputationRep:
    never really been into poetry, I love some song lyrics though, sometimes listening to some good music is just about the only thing that keeps me sane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I'm considering a piece on the sphinx. I've been doing a little research into it and it seems to me it was most likely originaly an anubis in the old kingdom that lost it's facial features (ears and/or nose) in the First Intermediate Period and had the face resculpted into the face of a pharoh in the middle kingdom. Still that could change. I like my ancient history. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy modern history as well, but I tend to find ancient and medieval history more interesting. One of my life goals is to read the visigoth interpritation of the bible.

Yer, much later than I had planned mine too What are you going to study?
    Right, Yes, Well... ancient Egypt is interesting I'll give you that. My knowledge of ancient history doesn't extent beyond an hour long documentary on the history channel about some curse or the Pharaohs. Ahh the history channel :moon: - Military history, now that's one extremely well watched channel in my house - definitely in the top five.

What the hell is a visigoth interpretation of the bible -_-

I will be studying Politics and Economics Might do a financial course or two as well as some environmental science/politics courses (if that is possible)

I certainly wouldn't say I am a romantic, but certainly old fashioned in many respects. I am a man of the up most integrity

A good poem, I have it as the title poem in one of my poem books
    It's an amazing poem - during college I had actually managed to memorise the whole thing... alas, no longer can I recite it entirely from memory.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Right, Yes, Well... ancient Egypt is interesting I'll give you that. My knowledge of ancient history doesn't extent beyond an hour long documentary on the history channel about some curse or the Pharaohs. Ahh the history channel :moon: - Military history, now that's one extremely well watched channel in my house - definitely in the top five.

What the hell is a visigoth interpretation of the bible -_-

I will be studying Politics and Economics Might do a financial course or two as well as some environmental science/politics courses (if that is possible)

I certainly wouldn't say I am a romantic, but certainly old fashioned in many respects. I am a man of the up most integrity

It's an amazing poem - during college I had actually managed to memorise the whole thing... alas, no longer can I recite it entirely from memory.
    I have a book of his poems actually. There is a space on one of my shelves for the poetry books. Right next to it is "Medieval English Verse" which is an interesting read of an evening. It's an old Penguin Classic and it has that old book smell :love:

ReputationRep:
    Are you even in a party lol?
    Think of me as the speaker. I keep the order round here.

ReputationRep:
    I have a book of his poems actually. There is a space on one of my shelves for the poetry books. Right next to it is "Medieval English Verse" which is an interesting read of an evening. It's an old Penguin Classic and it has that old book smell :love:
    I love old book smell... and new book smell... and ordinary book smell.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Think of me as the speaker. I keep the order round here.
    No. You may be nice, but you're no Nick :love:

He's my favourite white guy in this bar tbh :hand:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I love old book smell... and new book smell... and ordinary book smell.
    I prefer to read them. I have a version of the three tragedies from maybe 50 years ago which just feels so awesome as the paper is thicker than they use now. The first "classic" (if we can call it that) novel I read was a really old, plain cover bound version of The Way of all Flesh my dad gave me in like year five. I am unimpressed that I lost it tbh

ReputationRep:
    No. You may be nice, but you're no Nick :love:

He's my favourite white guy in this bar tbh :hand:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Your existence is tolerable, and I'm no longer sick at your mention now I am aware of your poetry tastes, but you can't win our respect so easily ho. Click.

ReputationRep:
    Your existence is tolerable, and I'm no longer sick at your mention now I am aware of your poetry tastes, but you can't win our respect so easily ho. Click.
    I lol'd out loud. :pierre:

What do I have to do to 'win your respect'? :iiam:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I lol'd out loud. :pierre:

What do I have to do to 'win your respect'? :iiam:
    Fellatio is one option, the other involves toaster art, Asda orange flower and papaya washing capsules and liberal helpings of man jam (also included in the first option).

This is how Nick gained it so must you :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh my chest still hurts :mad: I decided to take weights up again, and my pectorals are in pain! I can't lift my arms up without stiffness and pain... ahh exercise, why are you so evil!

ReputationRep:
    I am up pre-noon.

This feels unnatural.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've not slept.

I am bored of life.

I am watching Jersey Shore.

Suicide is, unfortunately, the only option :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse.

Could be Geordie Shore.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.