Could be Geordie Shore.
    Much of a muchness.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Right, Yes, Well... ancient Egypt is interesting I'll give you that. My knowledge of ancient history doesn't extent beyond an hour long documentary on the history channel about some curse or the Pharaohs. Ahh the history channel :moon: - Military history, now that's one extremely well watched channel in my house - definitely in the top five.

What the hell is a visigoth interpretation of the bible -_-
    Exactly as it sounds really. It's the largest source of text in the gothic language. Origianaly written in the 4th century (though we have the majority of the text from a 6th century version) it gives us the most detail of any east germanic language. For a small period of a few centuries following the fall of rome gothic christianist was the major religion of large parts of europe, though catholic christianist soon took over again.

The gothic bible is slightly different to the catholic texts. For example it rejected the holy trinity and favored Arianism, due to this passage;

John 14:28‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

ReputationRep:
    I think i better make the most of the day and get on with some political philosophy revision.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I think i better make the most of the day and get on with some political philosophy revision.
    You're a first year yes? It's probably a pretty easy subject in that case - it seems to extend universally in the UK to SCT, SON and the like. Your course may be different though - what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse.

Could be Geordie Shore.
    I'll have you know Geordie Shore is the height of entertainment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    You're a first year yes? It's probably a pretty easy subject in that case - it seems to extend universally in the UK to SCT, SON and the like. Your course may be different though - what are you studying?
    Oh yeah it's nothing 'difficult', but as it's the first time i've studied politics 'officialy' i don't have the basics ingrained in my mind like many on the course who did politics A-level.

It's largely just the concepts I need to get sorted, the real world stuff is largely fine.

EDIT: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/ppr/unde...es/poli100.htm

I wait for the comments from everyone saying how **** the course is :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh yeah it's nothing 'difficult', but as it's the first time i've studied politics 'officialy' i don't have the basics ingrained in my mind like many on the course who did politics A-level.

It's largely just the concepts I need to get sorted, the real world stuff is largely fine.
    Presumably you are doing Hobbes, Rousseau and Locke? They seem to generally ignore the likes of Rawls - not that A Theory of Justice is a short read.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably you are doing Hobbes, Rousseau and Locke? They seem to generally ignore the likes of Rawls - not that A Theory of Justice is a short read.
    Rawls is mentioned but not in any major detail.

I've edited a link to the course if you want to nosey.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Rawls is mentioned but not in any major detail.

I've edited a link to the course if you want to nosey.
    I see they recommend Wolff's introduction - I would echo that if you've not read it yet. For Hobbes though, who is a little less accessible (IMO) I like the Routledge edition written by A.P. Martinich who knows pretty much everything anyone else does about Hobbes. This is if you are interested in the area outside of your degree of course

I am interested in what different universities include in their courses. Yours looks quite good actually.

ReputationRep:
    I see they recommend Wolff's introduction - I would echo that if you've not read it yet. For Hobbes though, who is a little less accessible (IMO) I like the Routledge edition written by A.P. Martinich who knows pretty much everything anyone else does about Hobbes. This is if you are interested in the area outside of your degree of course
    Yeah, i've got a copy of that and the Globalisation textbook on my shelf :yy: And as the lecturer refuses to upload the slides it's the core of my revision alongside the shoddy notes i managed to put together.

I've no idea how it ranks compared to anywhere else, never really looked at anywhere elses politics courses.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah, i've got a copy of that and the Globalisation textbook on my shelf :yy: And as the lecturer refuses to upload the slides it's the core of my revision alongside the shoddy notes i managed to put together.

I've no idea how it ranks compared to anywhere else, never really looked at anywhere elses politics courses.
    They don't tend to vary very much in the first year in terms of general focus really. There are certain things that need to be explored and what varies most is the texts used to be honest and the angle things are approached by.

If you read the Wolff book that should be enough tbh.

ReputationRep:
    They don't tend to vary very much in the first year in terms of general focus really. There are certain things that need to be explored and what varies most is the texts used to be honest.

If you read the Wolff book that should be enough tbh.
    I've read it. Remembering it is the problem.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've read it. Remembering it is the problem.
    I suppose so.

I'm sure you will be fine. Knowing one of them very well is the key.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anybody have any Edexcel A level Maths books they wish to donate to me?

ReputationRep:
    I had the CGP revision ones but they only did AS-level but i left them at my school
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    You know you're an early riser when you consider 8.30 to be a lie in :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have no idea what to watch next.

I can't concentrate, feel very ill and keep going hot and cold

I suppose this calls for Friends box-sets :awesome:

Alternatively, I may re-watch Voyager :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to watch next.

I can't concentrate, feel very ill and keep going hot and cold

I suppose this calls for Friends box-sets :awesome:

Alternatively, I may re-watch Voyager :holmes:
    You could go to bed?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5934

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.