Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    The Eiffel Tower is a total rip. Go to Tour Montparnasse. It costs €7 to go up and there was no queue at all when I went and it's taller than the Eiffel Tower and you can actually see the Eiffel Tower from it.

Waaay better.
    I wouldn't say it's a rip off tbh, it cost €12 each I think, and you just go straight up, and this was (by coincidence, not design) on valentines day :o:

but yeah, the tour montparnasse is something else I wanted to do, but didn't get the chance, and tbh it's not really that worth it when you can just go up the arc de triomphe for free, or even the sacre coeur

(Original post by Teaddict)
    Well then you don't know me very well, I don't give a **** if two men kiss in public... I was being sarcastic, the post was a joke, if it wasn't a joke it wouldn't contain a video of NICK GRIFFIN.

I'll neg you back when I can.

I can appreciate a sexy male!

Better?
    I'm actually being serious, I did mean to :yy: you for the Nick Griffin video. Sorry.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    That's fine, I'm not sure I would want to leave it in the accommodation anyway. That's actually pretty cheap. Research must be done - where was your accommodation?
    uhm I think it was called the hotel saphir grenelle, literally around the corner from the eiffel tower, nice and central; you can definitely get it much cheaper, look at hostels if you're ok sharing with strangers, they tend to be very cheap. I can't remember how much the one paperclip and I stayed in was tbh.

(Original post by Magnum Opus)
    I wouldn't say it's a rip off tbh, it cost €12 each I think, and you just go straight up, and this was (by coincidence, not design) on valentines day :o:

but yeah, the tour montparnasse is something else I wanted to do, but didn't get the chance, and tbh it's not really that worth it when you can just go up the arc de triomphe for free, or even the sacre coeur
    I was under the impression it was much more expensive. Still Tour Montparnasse is cheaper and less-touristy and I have a terrible aversion to touristy places.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually being serious, I did mean to :yy: you for the Nick Griffin video. Sorry.
    I don't believe you
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was under the impression it was much more expensive. Still Tour Montparnasse is cheaper and less-touristy and I have a terrible aversion to touristy places.
    it is if you have an adult ticket, we got student ones but they didn't check, in fact my gf's wasn't scanned on the way up, so one of us could've gone back up if we'd reaaaally wanted to :p:

(Original post by Teaddict)
    I don't believe you
    There's not much I can do about that. :dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    uhm I think it was called the hotel saphir grenelle, literally around the corner from the eiffel tower, nice and central; you can definitely get it much cheaper, look at hostels if you're ok sharing with strangers, they tend to be very cheap. I can't remember how much the one paperclip and I stayed in was tbh.
    Dipak is your gf? :holmes:

I think I would rather just look for the cheapest hotel for at least a base level of privacy.

ReputationRep:

I think I would rather just look for the cheapest hotel for at least a base level of privacy.
    Some hostels offer private rooms. The hostel I stayed at in New York had private en-suite rooms with two beds.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Some hostels offer private rooms. The hostel I stayed at in New York had private en-suite rooms with two beds.
    I see. I suppose I should probably focus on getting a passport first :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I went with Dipak about 2 years ago, I can't even remember, certainly not 2 months ago :wink2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I went with Dipak about 2 years ago, I can't even remember, certainly not 2 months ago :wink2:
    I think you make a delightful couple, but fine :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    When I stayed in a New York hostel, no-one else was in the room other than two Austrian girls :sexface:

The hostel I stayed in in NY was in Harlem. Walking there from the subway at 2am was, frankly, terrifying.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think you make a delightful couple, but fine :p:
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Stupid system :mad2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Stupid system :mad2:
    It's the thought that counts

The system is so frustrating. I remember reading there is meant to be a review of the system at some point - when will this occur.

The Commons Bar is just one long rep whore. :sigh:

:ahee:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nowhere near as bad as some threads. The Dressing Room, for example, was full of it way back when.

I think.

ReputationRep:
    When I stayed in a New York hostel, no-one else was in the room other than two Austrian girls :sexface:
    We had lots of Germans and a lovely Scouser who kept shouting at them to shut the **** up. Twas a fun stay!

The hostel I stayed in in NY was in Harlem. Walking there from the subway at 2am was, frankly, terrifying.
    I can imagine. I found it amazing how the demographic changed from street to street within NY. You can be walking around Central Park, exit at the top, cross the street onto 'Malcolm X Boulevard' and everything seems different!

We had lots of Germans and a lovely Scouser who kept shouting at them to shut the **** up. Twas a fun stay!

I can imagine. I found it amazing how the demographic changed from street to street within NY. You can be walking around Central Park, exit at the top, cross the street onto 'Malcolm X Boulevard' and everything seems different!
    The hostel I stayed in was on Malcolm X Boulevard. :awesome:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.