Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It would be a weekly thing for me if I could afford anything other than 9p noodles and tesco value bread.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Sunday... great day for food.... Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, gravy, broccoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn/corn on the cob, peas, swede, carrots, beef/gammon/lamb/pork/chicken... ahh it's all so lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    We barely ever had Sunday lunch. In fact we never really had any family lunch. Occasionally we would, or have a fry-up but it wasn't at all seasonal.
    That's how it was before mam died. Usually a full breakfast on a saturday morning just in time to eat it before Gamesmaster came on C4. Then my sister took up swimming and mam got ill and it never happened again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    It would be a weekly thing for me if I could afford anything other than 9p noodles and tesco value bread.
    9p noodles? You should get supernoodles probably better quality and in Iceland you can get 5 for £2
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adorno)
    That's how it was before mam died. Usually a full breakfast on a saturday morning just in time to eat it before Gamesmaster came on C4. Then my sister took up swimming and mam got ill and it never happened again
    Such are the cruel tides of life :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know that feeling.

Buy chilli flakes cheap and add them to the noodles - also cheap brown sauce.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    9p noodles? You should get supernoodles probably better quality and in Iceland you can get 5 for £2
    Supernoodles are much better, but that is still 80p a meal, which is far too expensive for me at the moment when I can get the same meal for 18p. I am exagerating, but not by a long way. If there is a cheaper version of something, I will get the cheaper version

I know that feeling.

Buy chilli flakes cheap and add them to the noodles - also cheap brown sauce.
    Yup, I need to get some spice. I don't like brown sauce though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Supernoodles are much better, but that is still 80p a meal, which is far too expensive for me at the moment when I can get the same meal for 18p. I am exagerating, but not by a long way. If there is a cheaper version of something, I will get the cheaper version

Yup, I need to get some spice. I don't like brown sauce though.
    BBQ works too.

It's all cheap stuff that adds flavour to essentially flavourless noodles.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    BBQ works too.

It's all cheap stuff that adds flavour to essentially flavourless noodles.
    Cheap meals ftw.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Cheap meals ftw.
    Better than no meals.

Good job I like toast.

I hate running out of food and having 0 money. Then you are in trouble. I try to, when I do have money, buy lots of tins of soup and such for these occasions. I currently have 30 or so which would reasonably last a week or so.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been particularly fond of big lunches tbh. Better to have a big tea

ReputationRep:
    I don't even like sunday lunch tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Cheap meals ftw.
    If you buy cheap then you will get cheap
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Better than no meals.

Good job I like toast.

I hate running out of food and having 0 money. Then you are in trouble. I try to, when I do have money, buy lots of tins of soup and such for these occasions. I currently have 30 or so which would reasonably last a week or so.
    Noodles are my prefered 'Oh ****, I have neither food nor money!' food, hence why I'm living off them at the moment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    If you buy cheap then you will get cheap
    As Paddy says, better than no food. 9p noodles help me survive when if I had baught expensive food I would have already run out and be starving by now.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Noodles are my prefered 'Oh ****, I have neither food nor money!' food, hence why I'm living off them at the moment.
    I often do noodles as well, and anything that can last a long time. Cheap porridge/pasta for example.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I often do noodles as well, and anything that can last a long time. Cheap porridge/pasta for example.
    I've got in a fair amount of pasta as well. They should have a TV show where people from rich backgrounds have to try and survive off, say £20 a week (my current budget after rent, for a month. It would be quite interesting to see how quickly they starved.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've got in a fair amount of pasta as well. They should have a TV show where people from rich backgrounds have to try and survive off, say £20 a week (my current budget after rent, for a month. It would be quite interesting to see how quickly they starved.
    Indeed, it would be hilarious.

Posh people:

If you don't laugh you are probably dead :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    pasta ftw, like 4 meals worth for 79p

ReputationRep:
    As Paddy says, better than no food. 9p noodles help me survive when if I had baught expensive food I would have already run out and be starving by now.
    How the hell are you in that situation where £2 means so much? Do you go to university? Do you have a job? Support from the Government? :confused:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.