Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Ruling classes is a spurious phrase. I would argue that it's more that there is a general unwillingness on the part of most sections of society to actually do anything to restore the social democracy that made Britain the envy of most parts of the world.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...297119741.html
    and who influences the attitudes of society through education and the media?

I think if given the facts and understanding of these things, that most people would support things like a right to shelter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    and who influences the attitudes of society through education and the media?

I think if given the facts and understanding of these things, that most people would support things like a right to shelter.
    Of course they do, from a selfish point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Why are you even in TSR Labour?
    He's said before, he supports the Tories in RL but acts the role of a Labourite on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    He's said before, he supports the Tories in RL but acts the role of a Labourite on here.
    I know what he says, but all he's done is attack Labour and say how good the Conservatives are. He could at least pretend

ReputationRep:
    I know what he says, but all he's done is attack Labour and say how good the Conservatives are. He could at least pretend
    Discussions in the bar are usually based on our RL life and things outside of TSR so I thought I may as well act myself in here

For all discussions and bills, I play the role of a Labourite it betters my understanding of other points of views, because I have always been rather short sighted.

ReputationRep:
    New Labourite maybe, at a push.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Discussions in the bar are usually based on our RL life and things outside of TSR so I thought I may as well act myself in here

For all discussions and bills, I play the role of a Labourite it betters my understanding of other points of views, because I have always been rather short sighted.
    I understand where you're coming from, but for some reason it just grates against me seeing someone who's in TSR Labour being so obviously pro-Conservative.

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you're coming from, but for some reason it just grates against me seeing someone who's in TSR Labour being so obviously pro-Conservative.
    You're not alone in that sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    I have been a Labourite in all discussions on bills and question time threads in regards to TSR. I decided that in the bar, on issues outside of TSR, I act myself. Its irrelevant to judge me based on my RL party affiliation; Paddy was in TSR UKIP and is now the Leader of TSR Labour (there's no way his real views support both the Labour Party and UKIP as they are both so vastly different). Its a game and a bit of fun plus I feel I have gained benefit from having to argue from other points of view
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have been a Labourite in all discussions on bills and question time threads in regards to TSR. I decided that in the bar, on issues outside of TSR, I act myself. Its irrelevant to judge me based on my RL party affiliation; Paddy was in TSR UKIP and is now the Leader of TSR Labour (there's no way his real views support both the Labour Party and UKIP as they are both so vastly different). Its a game and a bit of fun plus I feel I have gained benefit from having to argue from other points of view
    Paddy's leadership of TSR UKIP probably isn't the best example here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    There are many examples; Afc moving from Liberal Democrats to UKIP is another :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There are many examples; Afc moving from Liberal Democrats to UKIP is another :rolleyes:
    AFC began in the Tories and keeps trying to force every school child in Britain to learn Ancient ****ing Greek. Big leap of faith there. Paddy was a Labourite who joined UKIP at a moment when they were wobbling and it's not like UKIP were particularly UKIP during his time there.

ReputationRep:
    AFC began in the Tories and keeps trying to force every school child in Britain to learn Ancient ****ing Greek. Big leap of faith there. Paddy was a Labourite who joined UKIP at a moment when they were wobbling and it's not like UKIP were particularly UKIP during his time there.
    I'm trying to say that people don't necessarily support the party they belong to on TSR this is proven by the dramatic changes people have made. The difference is that I have told everyone who I support in RL.

ReputationRep:
    You don't seem to remember Paddy's UKIP being fairly left.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to say that people don't necessarily support the party they belong to on TSR this is proven by the dramatic changes people have made. The difference is that I have told everyone who I support in RL.
    But it does matter. We know that when you're arguing the "labour" point of view it lacks conviction and honesty. What you're saying is a complete and utter lie in that regard. The same way that if I went and joined the Tories and started arguing their line people would know it's false.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You don't seem to remember Paddy's UKIP being fairly left.
    I do. Hence the example not being the best. H&C at least tries to act left-wing during bill debates, while Paddy never even tried to act right-wing while leader of UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    But it does matter. We know that when you're arguing the "labour" point of view it lacks conviction and honesty. What you're saying is a complete and utter lie in that regard. The same way that if I went and joined the Tories and started arguing their line people would know it's false.
    AFC went from the Liberal Democrats (pro-EU and pro-immigration) to UKIP (anti-EU and anti-immigration) but I guess that's alright with you? Its lacks the same conviction and honesty that you claim I lack. At the end of the day this is a game and a bit of fun...who I support in RL is completely irrelevant because this based on role play. Role play on being the Prime Minister, an MP, having elections etc.

ReputationRep:
    I do. Hence the example not being the best. H&C at least tries to act left-wing during bill debates, while Paddy never even tried to act right-wing while leader of UKIP.
    Yes, I've just re-read it. Makes sense now. Revision's killing me.

ReputationRep:
    AFC went from the Liberal Democrats (pro-EU and pro-immigration) to UKIP (anti-EU and anti-immigration) but I guess that's alright with you? Its lacks the same conviction and honesty that you claim I lack. At the end of the day this is a game and a bit of fun...who I support in RL is completely irrelevant because this based on role play. Role play on being the Prime Minister, an MP, having elections etc.
    It does and I don't particularly like AFC for that kind of duplicity. The line I take is straightforward really.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My ears are burning. My UKIP was awesome

Well, no. He is a young lad and his views and opinions will likely keep on changing while he forms his own opinions about a variety of things in the world. You are, to be fair, a solid Conservative. I'm not necessarily against you pretending to be Labour, but you probably should pretend to be it all the time. In fact I want to see an anti-maggie sig if you wish to remain as HomeSec :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.