Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    It is my uderstanding that there are a fair few differences as if you train to be a lawyer in Scotland you cannot practice in England unless you take another course afterwards to fill in the gaps. So a law based on English law?
    I should think there are a fair few differences given that the law in England & Wales is based on Common Law whereas in Scotland it is based on Roman Law. They are separate in origin and in form, though the Union since 1707 and European Law have both made for some similarities.

England doesn't equal Britain in any circumstance. It's a simple enough thing to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    England doesn't equal Britain in any circumstance. It's a simple enough thing to remember.
    It does if your American. Britain and England are synonymous to them guys. It was very common to refer to Britain as England as well... but then the Scots got all *****y "blah blah blah, we are here as well" whilst the Welsh are just like "just the **** up -_-, wait until you have to work in the mines, then you can moan". Ahh the Welsh... making the Scottish look bad since 1707*.

* Act of Union, couldn't think of another date so that one will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It does if your American. Britain and England are synonymous to them guys. It was very common to refer to Britain as England as well... but then the Scots got all *****y "blah blah blah, we are here as well" whilst the Welsh are just like "just the **** up -_-, wait until you have to work in the mines, then you can moan". Ahh the Welsh... making the Scottish look bad since 1707*.

* Act of Union, couldn't think of another date so that one will do.
    The Americans are generally aware of Scotland and Ireland, however.

ReputationRep:
    The Americans are generally aware of Scotland and Ireland, however.
    Aware of their existence maybe, but, at least in terms of Scotland, no idea what it is in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Aware of their existence maybe, but, at least in terms of Scotland, no idea what it is in my experience.
    Save for bagpipes, of course. In any case, the teh France is not American. Although I did have a research paper criticised by an American professor recently with the comment "Where's Cardiff". That tells you a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Save for bagpipes, of course. In any case, the teh France is not American. Although I did have a research paper criticised by an American professor recently with the comment "Where's Cardiff". That tells you a lot.
    And Whisky.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a text from that girl who rejected me on Friday asking if I want to go out on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I get that a lot.
    What girl is called Paddy? Patrick sounds nicer than Paddy though

But yeah, I have been assumed to be a girl a couple of times.
    Presumably your full first name is Alexander so you can use Alex if you prefer?

I still laughed at Paddy thinking it was short of Sandeep :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Just got a text from that girl who rejected me on Friday asking if I want to go out on Saturday
    Tell her that you are busy Saturday and you can't come out. If she's fit then offer to meet up another time after that; shows you have some control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Tell her that you are busy Saturday and you can't come out. If she's fit then offer to meet up another time after that; shows you have some control
    I can't. I go on holiday on Sunday :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can't. I go on holiday on Sunday :lol:
    Tell her to wait then if you go on Saturday then you will seem wrapped round her finger.

ReputationRep:
    It is yeah, but I've been Sandy for 18 years so it'd be weird to change now.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to wait then if you go on Saturday then you will seem wrapped round her finger.
    Tbh I'm probably going to go on Saturday.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What girl is called Paddy? Patrick sounds nicer than Paddy though

I still laughed at Paddy thinking it was short of Sandeep :rolleyes:
    I knew a guy called Sandeep who preferred Sandy.

None but paddy__power is a bookies as well, and people can choose any name they want on here.

Lots of people still call me Patrick - mainly people I have known for a long time. A few still use my old nicknames lol.

ReputationRep:
    It is yeah, but I've been Sandy for 18 years so it'd be weird to change now.
    Fair enough Sandy is alright anyway

Tbh I'm probably going to go on Saturday.
    She better be really fit or you are some mug. If you do go on Saturday then you can't complain in a few weeks time when she cancels on you at short-notice and demands you meet her at short-notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I knew a guy called Sandeep who preferred Sandy.

None but paddy__power is a bookies as well, and people can choose any name they want on here.

Lots of people still call me Patrick - mainly people I have known for a long time. A few still use my old nicknames lol.
    At the cricket club I used to go to they all called me Paddy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    She better be really fit or you are some mug. If you do go on Saturday then you can't complain in a few weeks time when she cancels on you at short-notice and demands you meet her at short-notice
    I might be being a mug actually. But I just think with going on holiday on Sunday then it'd be nice to have some sort of position with her before I leave for 2 weeks.

I'm already playing the "not texting her until she texts me first" card, same on Facebook chat, and I'm not replying straight away to this one, so I'm trying not to be too forward.

ReputationRep:
    I might be being a mug actually. But I just think with going on holiday on Sunday then it'd be nice to have some sort of position with her before I leave for 2 weeks.

I'm already playing the "not texting her until she texts me first" card, same on Facebook chat, and I'm not replying straight away to this one, so I'm trying not to be too forward.
    Don't be a mug play it cool :cool:

That's good and is she talking to you first? What is the main thrust of her conversation? Sexual? Emotional? Or general chatter?

ReputationRep:

Ah for feck sake, don't listen to H&C. Stop playing stupid games and do what you want. If you want to see her, do it. Don't try and act 'cool' or play a game. Be yourself. If she likes it, bravo - if she doesn't, then that's better than having to pretend you're someone you're not for the entirety of a relationship.

See her on Saturday - and relax, hope you have a bloody good time and go on holiday smiling. That's not being a mug, that's being sensible.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    At the cricket club I used to go to they all called me Paddy :lol:
    Why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.