Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    Ah for feck sake, don't listen to H&C. Stop playing stupid games and do what you want. If you want to see her, do it. Don't try and act 'cool' or play a game. Be yourself. If she likes it, bravo - if she doesn't, then that's better than having to pretend you're someone you're not for the entirety of a relationship.

See her on Saturday - and relax, hope you have a bloody good time and go on holiday smiling. That's not being a mug, that's being sensible.
    Yes listen to H&C because I talk sense. He's only playing it cool for a while; if they got into a relationship then he would act himself. Its not pretending to be himself but stepping back to make himself more aware of her qualities.

She can't reject him on Friday and then demand to meet him on Saturday and he just goes along with it. He needs to play it cool for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Why?
    The football team I support is Partick Thistle. Because "Partick" is like "Patrick", they all decided to call me Paddy.

I actually quite liked it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Yes listen to H&C because I talk sense. He's only playing it cool for a while; if they got into a relationship then he would act himself. Its not pretending to be himself but stepping back to make himself more aware of her qualities.

She can't reject him on Friday and then demand to meet him on Saturday and he just goes along with it. He needs to play it cool for a while
    The whole fact that it's called playing it cool is already not being yourself. You're proposing playing the bull**** game that goes on all the time, where both parties pretend they aren't interested in the other in the blind, misguided hope that it makes them more attractive to the other.

The worst that happens by saying yes to see her on Saturday is that it conveys the message that he likes her. Well, what a load of crap that would be - if she found out? I mean come on, there's stupid and there's stupid. Playing it cool falls into the latter. Your suggestion is that he needs to pretend to be someone else in order to get into a relationship, and then change to become himself? If you can't see the obvious flaws in that...well, blimey.

ReputationRep:
    She's wants me to pick what to do on Saturday, and I have no clue. We've been to the cinema and went ice skating, any suggestions? :holmes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    She's wants me to pick what to do on Saturday, and I have no clue. We've been to the cinema and went ice skating, any suggestions? :holmes:
    You should do her.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.....

if you want a relationship; meal, bowling, pizza and film at home on sofa

if you want sex; drinks at a club

(Original post by Adorno)
    England doesn't equal Britain in any circumstance. It's a simple enough thing to remember.
    I never said it did! I was talking about England not Britain so I can in effect ignore your post in regards to my example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    You should do her.
    Please rate some other members before rating this member again
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The football team I support is Partick Thistle. Because "Partick" is like "Patrick", they all decided to call me Paddy.

I actually quite liked it :lol:
    Haha well fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    The whole fact that it's called playing it cool is already not being yourself. You're proposing playing the bull**** game that goes on all the time, where both parties pretend they aren't interested in the other in the blind, misguided hope that it makes them more attractive to the other.

The worst that happens by saying yes to see her on Saturday is that it conveys the message that he likes her. Well, what a load of crap that would be - if she found out? I mean come on, there's stupid and there's stupid. Playing it cool falls into the latter. Your suggestion is that he needs to pretend to be someone else in order to get into a relationship, and then change to become himself? If you can't see the obvious flaws in that...well, blimey.
    Trust me, I'm not actually listening to H&C. He isn't the reason why I've decided not to text her first, I just thought that maybe before I was being a bit too clingy and want to gauge how much she actually wants it. To be honest, "playing it cool" isn't actually all that bad, because sometimes when you get into someone, you can get a bit over keen, and possibly turn her off, so you need to keep a level head and try to stay sensible. Obviously don't go too far, but trying to keep it a bit cool and level headed can be a good thing.

ReputationRep:

You're telling me that you have always acted yourself infront of a girl? What's wrong with doing a bit of playing hard to get?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    One of your house. Alcohol. Nice film. Always works.

Depends.....

:facepalm:

1. He is 17,
    2. He has stated on numerous occasions he wants a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I'm not actually listening to H&C. He isn't the reason why I've decided not to text her first, I just thought that maybe before I was being a bit too clingy and want to gauge how much she actually wants it. To be honest, "playing it cool" isn't actually all that bad, because sometimes when you get into someone, you can get a bit over keen, and possibly turn her off, so you need to keep a level head and try to stay sensible. Obviously don't go too far, but trying to keep it a bit cool and level headed can be a good thing.
    Wait for the 'I told you so' phrase to come from me then if you don't listen to the wise words of Hammy

But that sounds good so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    :facepalm:

1. He is 17,
    2. He has stated on numerous occasions he wants a relationship.
    Says the one that picks up girls on the bus?

I thought he was 18? My bad.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.....

I think it's already been discussed that I'm 17, therefore couldn't do that, and she's 16 so that's even more unrealistic. Anyways, drinks in a club sounds ****. And I'm not exactly going to shag her on Saturday, get a grip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I never said it did! I was talking about England not Britain so I can in effect ignore your post in regards to my example.
    The point was that not everyone in Britain (and you certainly said that) lives under English law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    One of your house. Alcohol. Nice film. Always works.
    Yes! Order in some pizza too

ReputationRep:
    Anyways, drinks in a club sounds ****. And I'm not exactly going to shag her on Saturday, get a grip
    You haven't lived

Good luck with whatever you do though

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me that you have always acted yourself infront of a girl? What's wrong with doing a bit of playing hard to get?
    Yes, I act myself. I don't feel the need to play a character in order to get into a relationship based on a false premise, or to get laid. It works, too - but please, don't stop, perhaps it's because it's a refreshing change from all the pricks who act hard to get that makes it work.

Why bother? It's a complete waste of time and effort and entirely counter-productive. If you want to be with someone, why act like you don't? Why intentionally give them completely the opposite impression to how you feel? It's a completely dumb idea.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.