Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    She's wants me to pick what to do on Saturday, and I have no clue. We've been to the cinema and went ice skating, any suggestions? :holmes:
    When she wants you to pick always and I mean always pick what she wants to do and but on a face that says "I am enjoying this"

You should know her well enough to pick something she'd like. That said home cooked dinner (rack of lamb is my speciality :sexface:), romantic film, wine... do I need to say more :sexface:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Yes! Order in some pizza too
    Indeed, I usually order w/e they want though.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I'm not actually listening to H&C. He isn't the reason why I've decided not to text her first, I just thought that maybe before I was being a bit too clingy and want to gauge how much she actually wants it. To be honest, "playing it cool" isn't actually all that bad, because sometimes when you get into someone, you can get a bit over keen, and possibly turn her off, so you need to keep a level head and try to stay sensible. Obviously don't go too far, but trying to keep it a bit cool and level headed can be a good thing.
    I think it's more a case of keeping it in perspective in your head, which is fair enough - the key is not being over-keen in your feelings, not trying to cover it up. Be open, be honest, and keep your head in perspective. There's a difference between the two. Seriously though, the number of times I've heard girls complaining that they don't think someone likes them because they haven't texted/called/said no to this thing on Saturday, I've lost count. The whole game of playing hard to get, on both sides, makes me sigh with complete and utter despair.

As for Saturday - do something where you can converse, can laugh and enjoy good times together. You want the focus of the evening, at least for a good chunk of it, to be each other - not some third party such as a film or so forth. I like the suggestion of getting your Chef's hat on, you could even do some of the cooking together - it'll make a change from the usual cliched things while still having a nice meal as well.

(Original post by Adorno)
    The point was that not everyone in Britain (and you certainly said that) lives under English law.
    I was referring to England and only England, I thought English law was only for England as I know that Scotland does not have English law (I didn't know it was Roman based though)... and I know **** all about Wales so I can't of been talking about that could I? :rolleyes:

Please go kick up a fuss about the Union elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    One of your house. Alcohol. Nice film. Always works.
    Well it couldn't be my house, my mum is in almost 100% of the time she's not at work

This would be good advice if I had the house to myself, but I wouldn't feel right with my parents in the house at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Indeed, I usually order w/e they want though.
    Provided there is some sort of meat topping

Says the one that picks up girls on the bus?
    I said He wants a relationship not me, I am perfectly content with picking ladies up where ever I may find them :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Well it couldn't be my house, my mum is in almost 100% of the time she's not at work

This would be good advice if I had the house to myself, but I wouldn't feel right with my parents in the house at the same time.
    Really? Just tell your Mum you are having a quiet night in with a girl; stay the **** away. She'd probably be happier seeing you in the living room watching a film on the sofa than suspecting a shag in the bush in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I said He wants a relationship not me, I am perfectly content with picking ladies up where ever I may find them :sexface:
    Outside the sex clinic is usually best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    I think it's more a case of keeping it in perspective in your head, which is fair enough - the key is not being over-keen in your feelings, not trying to cover it up. Be open, be honest, and keep your head in perspective. There's a difference between the two. Seriously though, the number of times I've heard girls complaining that they don't think someone likes them because they haven't texted/called/said no to this thing on Saturday, I've lost count. The whole game of playing hard to get, on both sides, makes me sigh with complete and utter despair.

As for Saturday - do something where you can converse, can laugh and enjoy good times together. You want the focus of the evening, at least for a good chunk of it, to be each other - not some third party such as a film or so forth. I like the suggestion of getting your Chef's hat on, you could even do some of the cooking together - it'll make a change from the usual cliched things while still having a nice meal as well.
    I don't mean play hard to get all the time but you don't want to be too forward. I think a balance is best and don't put the :mad: face at me
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

My mum never really cared, and I've not had to worry about that for a good few years but fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Really? Just tell your Mum you are having a quiet night in with a girl; stay the **** away. She'd probably be happier seeing you in the living room watching a film on the sofa than suspecting a shag in the bush in the park.
    Well I think she goes shopping and stuff when I used to be a school (she works part time) but almost 100% of the time I'm in the house she'll be in.

And my parents know that I'm sensible, thank you.

I had the house to myself, but I wouldn't feel right with my parents in the house at the same time.
    :sad: you should get them used to it as it will hopefully become a regular thing right?

Otherwise give them some money and tell them to go to the pub for an evening.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think she goes shopping and stuff when I used to be a school (she works part time) but almost 100% of the time I'm in the house she'll be in.

And my parents know that I'm sensible, thank you.
    There we go no problem. If you are sensible then there's nothing wrong with having her round?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean play hard to get all the time but you don't want to be too forward. I think a balance is best and don't put the :mad: face at me
    The thing you need to change, if you're being too forward, is your mindset with girls. If you do that - you'll have a much more fulfilling, fun time both in relationships and out - then if you act up in order to hide the fact that you feel overly forward. As I always say, treat the cause, not the symptom.

The chase is fun, and it's fun because you get everything new, wiling hours away laughing and getting to know each other, a new way of kissing (everyone is different) and of course, a whole new experience in the bedroom as you find out what gets each other going. It's awesome, awesome fun and hugely diminished if you're over-thinking it and trying to play a game. Live life, live in the moment, enjoy it and embrace it, don't think about the future or worry about the past - just take it as it comes. It's a lesson I learnt at 16 and it's one that's made the past 3 years by far the best 3 of my life.

Oh, and the :mad: face on the post was an accident, not sure how it got there - apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    The thing you need to change, if you're being too forward, is your mindset with girls. If you do that - you'll have a much more fulfilling, fun time both in relationships and out - then if you act up in order to hide the fact that you feel overly forward. As I always say, treat the cause, not the symptom.

The chase is fun, and it's fun because you get everything new, wiling hours away laughing and getting to know each other, a new way of kissing (everyone is different) and of course, a whole new experience in the bedroom as you find out what gets each other going. It's awesome, awesome fun and hugely diminished if you're over-thinking it and trying to play a game. Live life, live in the moment, enjoy it and embrace it, don't think about the future or worry about the past - just take it as it comes. It's a lesson I learnt at 16 and it's one that's made the past 3 years by far the best 3 of my life.

Oh, and the :mad: face on the post was an accident, not sure how it got there - apologies.
    Fair enough seems like the best advice someone could give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I was referring to England and only England, I thought English law was only for England as I know that Scotland does not have English law (I didn't know it was Roman based though)... and I know **** all about Wales so I can't of been talking about that could I? :rolleyes:

Please go kick up a fuss about the Union elsewhere.
    Well you're still wrong. English law applies to England & Wales (because they are the same kingdom). It is the basis for the legal system in Northern Ireland but because of the situation there it has been much altered. It does not apply to Scotland. Meanwhile, there are legal questions that arise in Wales - particularly with regards to language - that do not apply in England. For example, Welsh and English are recognised as official languages in Wales but England does not have a legally-enshrined official language. It's not a fuss about the Union, it's about your clear lack of understanding about the institutions and structures in the country that you live in. If I upped and moved to France, I would be expected to understand its systems and nuances.

Seeing all this relationship stuff has reminded me of the time that a guy said "Don't hate the game, hate the player"... *Smack* I mean how can you get that simple line wrong :lol:

(Original post by Adorno)
    Well you're still wrong. English law applies to England & Wales (because they are the same kingdom). It is the basis for the legal system in Northern Ireland but because of the situation there it has been much altered. It does not apply to Scotland. Meanwhile, there are legal questions that arise in Wales - particularly with regards to language - that do not apply in England. For example, Welsh and English are recognised as official languages in Wales but England does not have a legally-enshrined official language. It's not a fuss about the Union, it's about your clear lack of understanding about the institutions and structures in the country that you live in. If I upped and moved to France, I would be expected to understand its systems and nuances.
    Who cares? it was an example about becoming an minority in your own country and then having all the laws changed.

Stop taking it all so seriously, you are such a grouch sometimes

As for upping and moving, it was not my choice but as it was part of the agreement between my parents that I come here to finish my education. As far as I am concerned I know enough about the law to get by, I don't want to be a lawyer so I honestly don't give to flying monkeys about it all in detail.

ReputationRep:
    That's not a problem at all. Just ask your mum if you could have someone round for the evening, and perhaps steal the kitchen for a couple of hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.