Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Who cares? it was an example about becoming an minority in your own country and then having all the laws changed.

Stop taking it all so seriously, you are such a grouch sometimes
    If people took issues such as the law a little more seriously, they wouldn't come out with crap about how we're going to end up living in a Muslim country with Sharia Law. Given the complexities of the British legal system(s) it would take a great deal of effort and imposition to override three distinctive structures in order to impose religious law of that nature. Xenophobia got people absolutely nowhere in the past and still doesn't get anyone anywhere today.

(Original post by Adorno)
    If people took issues such as the law a little more seriously, they wouldn't come out with crap about how we're going to end up living in a Muslim country with Sharia Law. Given the complexities of the British legal system(s) it would take a great deal of effort and imposition to override three distinctive structures in order to impose religious law of that nature. Xenophobia got people absolutely nowhere in the past and still doesn't get anyone anywhere today.
    It was a bloody hypothetical, stop reading too much into it ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Stop taking it all so seriously, you are such a grouch sometimes
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    nothing like raving to chase and status in a 3 piece suit, while everyone is in tuxs and ball dresses, they just get better every time I see them

ReputationRep:
    It was a bloody hypothetical, stop reading too much into it ffs.
    It's more than hypothetical though, isn't it. There are plenty of people that genuinely believe the kind of crap that you spout about becoming a minority in your own country. It's xenophobic, daft, and liable to cause more problems than it purports to 'solve'. If you actually stop and think about how difficult the imposition of sharia law in Britain would be, you might not spout Daily Mail ****e after all.

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Hey sexy I'm off to Cambridge next year; studying Chemistry. I have read your posts and I totally get you we should go for a drink once we both in Cambridge
    Oh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Oh yeah.
    Can't believe you actually replied. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-US-right.html

Haha

ReputationRep:
    He went on to describe himself as a friend of Lady Thatcher, recounting how he once drove her around in a gold cart.
    Gold cart, you say? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Gold cart, you say? :holmes:
    I can just imagine Maggie riding around in this:

Poor, poor Palin :sad: she is one sad **** I bet :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Can't believe you actually replied. :rofl:
    Why wouldn't she? We are two single intellectuals looking for a nice time

(Original post by im so academic)
    Oh yeah.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    I can just imagine Maggie riding around in this:

I'd pay good money to see that
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Intellectuals :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Intellectuals :rofl:
    Well I'm not fuseed I bet she's ****ing hot though

ReputationRep:
    I entertained my cousin earlier today and he decided to net out a large goldfish from my pond; placed it on a sheet of A4 paper and put it in the chiminea. He then lit the paper and subsequently killed the fish; the fish was still alive and actually jumped numerous times about 10 cm.

At first I thought it was fine but I am confused. Presumably the fish doesn't have the 'feelings' or brains to know what was happening? Would it have felt the same as if the fish was a human; except the human could voice their hurt?

Aggressive act of brutality or funny prank? Opinions

ReputationRep:
    A chiminea is this:

ReputationRep:
    He's a ****.

I entertained my cousin earlier today and he decided to net out a large goldfish from my pond; placed it on a sheet of A4 paper and put it in the chiminea. He then lit the paper and subsequently killed the fish; the fish was still alive and actually jumped numerous times about 10 cm.

At first I thought it was fine but I am confused. Presumably the fish doesn't have the 'feelings' or brains to know what was happening? Would it have felt the same as if the fish was a human; except the human could voice their hurt?

You sick *******s! I am all for a prank but that is just wrong, no matter what animal it is.

:mad:

Serial killers in the making

ReputationRep:

:lolwut:
    That's just being a ****, quite frankly. What sort of person does that because it's "funny"?!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.