Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    He's a ****.
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    You sick *******s! I am all for a prank but that is just wrong, no matter what animal it is.

:mad:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    :lolwut:
    That's just being a ****, quite frankly. What sort of person does that because it's "funny"?!
    I had to kill two of them earlier because they were infected; had this swollen stomach and if it burst then it would have killed all the other fish. Apparently the most humane way to do it is two sharp smashes to the head because it knocks them out straight away so they wouldn't 'feel' the pain so to speak.

Either way I came back outside and he decided to experiment with that. Made me think; if you think about the chickens we eat that come from battery farms. Is that just as inhumane?

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat chicken from battery farms :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You sick *******s! I am all for a prank but that is just wrong, no matter what animal it is.

:mad:

Serial killers in the making
    Well he's been involved in gangs I think so maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I don't eat chicken from battery farms :dontknow:
    Fair enough

Its just as inhumane I think but people don't think about what happens; all they see is a tasty chicken nugget on the plate. I guess that incident was made me more aware about this.

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    If you think about the chickens we eat that come from battery farms. Is that just as inhumane?
    I have my own chickens that I raise myself thank you, no cruelty here!

Also I don't care if you had to put down two fish, what your cousin did was quite simply a sick thing that I'd never let happen on my property

Serial killers in the making :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I had to kill two of them earlier because they were infected; had this swollen stomach and if it burst then it would have killed all the other fish. Apparently the most humane way to do it is two sharp smashes to the head because it knocks them out straight away so they wouldn't 'feel' the pain so to speak.

Either way I came back outside and he decided to experiment with that. Made me think; if you think about the chickens we eat that come from battery farms. Is that just as inhumane?
    There's a difference between killing them to stop an infection of the other fish and doing it for some sort of "prank".

Yes it is just as bad. Which is why I avoid battery farmed chickens/eggs.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between killing them to stop an infection of the other fish and doing it for some sort of "prank".

This. Your cousin burns animals alive for fun and that doesn't seem worrying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)

(Original post by sandys1000)
    This. Your cousin burns animals alive for fun and that doesn't seem worrying?
    I know he's a ****; just wasn't sure if I was being overly sensitive or not.

Not sure whether I should apply for a British passport, could someone tell me if it has more benefits when going to Commonwealth nations for example?

I was being overly sensitive.
    From your post I did not detect a hint of being sensitive towards the feelings of the fish... you even said you thought it was fine

Anyhow it appears I favour animal rights more than human rights

ReputationRep:
    I entertained my cousin earlier today and he decided to net out a large goldfish from my pond; placed it on a sheet of A4 paper and put it in the chiminea. He then lit the paper and subsequently killed the fish; the fish was still alive and actually jumped numerous times about 10 cm.

At first I thought it was fine but I am confused. Presumably the fish doesn't have the 'feelings' or brains to know what was happening? Would it have felt the same as if the fish was a human; except the human could voice their hurt?

Aggressive act of brutality or funny prank? Opinions
    Well according to scientists fish do feel pain, so you have willingly stood by whilst someone else committed an act of cruelty on this fish. In other words, animal cruelty. You are a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    As with the others, we don't go for battery chickens/eggs. Free range/organic for us.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I entertained my cousin earlier today and he decided to net out a large goldfish from my pond; placed it on a sheet of A4 paper and put it in the chiminea. He then lit the paper and subsequently killed the fish; the fish was still alive and actually jumped numerous times about 10 cm.

At first I thought it was fine but I am confused. Presumably the fish doesn't have the 'feelings' or brains to know what was happening? Would it have felt the same as if the fish was a human; except the human could voice their hurt?

Aggressive act of brutality or funny prank? Opinions
    And you didn't stop him, why?

(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Because he is as sadistic as his cousin?

Anyway I'm writing to my, H&Cs MP and the Chairman of Conservative Future in Epsom and Ewell about this as I find it a disgrace that the Deputy will just stand by and think it is fun to watch a fish suffer no reason.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I buy whatever chicken and eggs are cheapest.

Most of the chicken I eat is fried and halal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    I don't know. Always looked up to him since I was young because I'm silly I guess. I wish I had stopped him now.

Glad most people eat organic chicken though personally I have always found organic chicken tastes nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Because he is as sadistic as his cousin?

Anyway I'm writing to my, H&Cs MP and the Chairman of Conservative Future in Epsom and Ewell about this as I find it a disgrace that the Deputy will just stand by and think it is fun to watch a fish suffer no reason.

I resigned as Deputy Chairman the Chairman is an arrogant stereotypical Tory! And no I'm not!

I resigned as Deputy Chairman the Chairman is an arrogant stereotypical Tory! And no I'm not!
    You did? but did you not write a letter to your MP and leave off with and I quote
    Deputy Chairman, Conservative Future (Epsom and Ewell)
    only yesterday? :holmes:

And I personally think you are if you can stand by an watch an innocent animal be tortured, who cares if you looked up to your cousin... he is not a good role model imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I buy whatever chicken and eggs are cheapest.

Most of the chicken I eat is fried and halal.
    So from Asda

ReputationRep:
    You did? but did you not write a letter to your MP and leave off with and I quote only yesterday? :holmes:

And I personally think you are if you can stand by an watch an innocent animal be tortured, who cares if you looked up to your cousin... he is not a good role model imo.
    Indeed I did I had not yet changed my email signature. I didn't standby and let him do it; I questioned him but after I went out it was already happening. If I agreed with him then I wouldn't come on here asking what people think. Granted I shouldn't look up to him and today was proof.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.