Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Try supermarket work. People your age get it all the time. You don't neccessrily need prior experience, in fact often you don't at all.
    It's what I did when I were your age. I worked for Waitfrose for a year and a half.
    Will do. I don't actually need a job for the money (or indeed experience, as I'll be getting placements in my field as part of my sponsored degree), I just want it for the personal experience and to help my communication.

Also, do you know anything about tax in my post above?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I hate you :dontknow:
    Because I'm a likable guy?

Indeed TF but this is his first job.
    Ah is it now, well in that case keep it to one page... not that you'll be able to do more than one page anyway.

Include all GCSEs above 'D' although ideally if you have enough at 'C' then do that and nothing below D it will look bad although Maths and English must be 'C' otherwise you won't be considered for a lot of jobs.

Also references cannot be family and have a short cover of what you are doing currently and what you want to do at the top.
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    X
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Because I'm a likable guy?
    You're not likeable :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Also, for next year I already have a job (sponsored degree technically counts as employment, so I am employed by the company) and I get £5800 a year. If I were to get a part time job, how much could I earn a year without paying tax?
    £1675

ReputationRep:
    Will do. I don't actually need a job for the money (or indeed experience, as I'll be getting placements in my field as part of my sponsored degree), I just want it for the personal experience and to help my communication.

Also, do you know anything about tax in my post above?
    I never suggested you were doing it for the money. When I was 17 I just wanted a job although the money was certainly a bonus.
    I also wanted to do it for experience and to generally meet people. To some extent it worked.

As for tax, well you won't pay tax unless your combined annual salary is more than something like four or five thousand per year.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you mean you wonder if a vegan would wear a coat.
    A veggie too; they don't eat on the premise that an animal was killed. An animal was killed to make the buttons on the coat vegans don't eat anything from an animal irrespective of whether they were killed I believe.

Can't bloody stand either of them unless its for medical reasons

(Original post by tehFrance)
    Please it isn't the only good one... there are loads more by black singers it appears that if you are black and can sing in France then seriously the dance/pop songs that come from those guys are just immense :cool:
    Its quite a catchy song; not too dissimilar from the Eurovision entry a year back from France but apart from that..... :rolleyes:

Also, for next year I already have a job (sponsored degree technically counts as employment, so I am employed by the company) and I get £5800 a year. If I were to get a part time job, how much could I earn a year without paying tax?
    Up the the threshold... £6k.

Edit: Although it may be £7k now HMRC it.

ReputationRep:
    You're not likeable :nope:
    I want to rep you for that, I'm not sure why though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I want to rep you for that, I'm not sure why though
    Feel free. You owe me it from the zombie guide

ReputationRep:
    Ah is it now, well in that case keep it to one page... not that you'll be able to do more than one page anyway.

Include all GCSEs above 'D' although ideally if you have enough at 'C' then do that and nothing below D it will look bad although Maths and English must be 'C' otherwise you won't be considered for a lot of jobs.

Also references cannot be family and have a short cover of what you are doing currently and what you want to do at the top.
    I have no GCSE's. I believe I've said before, and my flag shows, that I'm from Scotland. I know you'd get pissed off if I said the same to you! But yeah, I'll put my standard grades (which are all good anyway).

(Original post by sandys1000)
    £1675
    What level of tax would I pay then? Would I need to fill out a tax return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    QFA
    I have received an alert for calling your dupe a **** the other day. Free speech in TSR is as free as speech was in Germany in 1940...

ReputationRep:
    I never suggested you were doing it for the money. When I was 17 I just wanted a job although the money was certainly a bonus.
    I also wanted to do it for experience and to generally meet people. To some extent it worked.

As for tax, well you won't pay tax unless your combined annual salary is more than something like four or five thousand per year.
    I will pay tax - I get paid next year for going to college (£5800) so I probably would need to pay tax should I get another job.

ReputationRep:
    I've had to turn down 3 jobs for this summer because they want me to start before i finish exams.

It's not like i made it clear in the covering letter that i couldn't do anything pre-26th of June:nodots:

I have no GCSE's. I believe I've said before, and my flag shows, that I'm from Scotland. I know you'd get pissed off if I said the same to you! But yeah, I'll put my standard grades (which are all good anyway).
    Well put whatever is D and above then but in Scotland isn't a 'D' a fail? so 'C' and above

ReputationRep:
    Well put whatever is D and above then but in Scotland isn't a 'D' a fail? so 'C' and above
    Standard Grades are measured on a scale of 1 to 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I have received an alert for calling your dupe a **** the other day. Free speech in TSR is as free as speech was in Germany in 1940...
    Sucks to be you.

I know it's ridiculous - whatever moderator gave you an alert is overly sensitive...

Although he voiced himself and humoured himself, it doesn't detract from the fact that Rush Limbaugh is a turd.
    I don't know about that...

ReputationRep:
    I keep missing the chance to comment as it happens, but seriously, the recent mysogyny in this place has been pretty sickening...

Standard Grades are measured on a scale of 1 to 7
    Ffs whatever.

As for tax you don't get taxed on anything below £7k... source was tax calculator :cool: you should research this yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    I keep missing the chance to comment as it happens, but seriously, the recent mysogyny in this place has been pretty sickening...
    Who hates women?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.